cant upload custom stuff needs to be a goofile somthing or somthing like that ?

9 replies [Last post]

i tryed to upload my custom goo ball today and it said somthing like it needs to be a goo file or somthing and im a noob at this right now i just play my levels off wold of goo level editor and replace my custom goo balls in res/balls then witch ever i chose to edit and replace so idk What i have to do to make it a goo file or what ever it wants me to Do sorry and thank you.

Goomods are special files that can be opened in GooTool. WooGLE can generate them for you, or you can build them by hand.

A goomod is a ZIP file with the extension changed. Inside the zip file there should be an addin manifest which contains details about your addin (see here), an override folder for images, and a compile folder for XML.

I'm out of time now, I'll finish this later, but for now you can use the Make Goomod button in WooGLE.

EDIT: So if you have new images for an existing Goo Ball, for example, a replacement for res/balls/Ivy/body.png, you would put it into a folder called override/res/balls/Ivy. The put that in a goomod with your addin.xml manifest.

Another Planet finally has an official release! Download chapters 1 through 3 here! Thank you for waiting so long while I kept starting over.

ok cool thanks ! Helped lots to understand Laughing out loud

scott0bloke wrote:
i tryed to upload my custom goo ball today and it said somthing like it needs to be a goo file or somthing and im a noob at this right now i just play my levels off wold of goo level editor and replace my custom goo balls in res/balls then witch ever i chose to edit and replace so idk What i have to do to make it a goo file or what ever it wants me to Do sorry and thank you.

To add your custom goo balls, you first need to add any of the possible current balls at the left side of the Woogle. If you have made your custom goo, then this is what you do; click on the goo ball you want to change and find what goo kind it is, then rename it to whatever your goo ball is called, for example: the common goo renamed to cloud goo (goo ball is my property, do not name a goo ball like that...)

yeah i was making a mario pack xD but making them a .goomod is annoying cant pull it off yet i just know how to replace files lol

Are you replacing them on your original copy of World of Goo? It's better to make a copy that you edit, in case anything breaks.

Also, if you only need to replace files, you can just copy your modified files to a copy of the res/ directory tree under override, then make a goomod out of that. Smile

Another Planet finally has an official release! Download chapters 1 through 3 here! Thank you for waiting so long while I kept starting over.

oh i have a pirated version so i created multiple copies lol yes i see but sorry im still new to this and do i need some sort of xml to make my goo balls into a goo mod ? Levels seem easy enough u can use wogle to turn them into .goomods but goo balls are just so confusing cant use wogle to turn them into .goomod Sorry for all the trouble lol

Try downloading GooBLE, the ball editor. Wink

Also, buy the game legally. Think of the starving children.

Shock i never even saw this gooble u speak of well i shall find it and download it thanks albino

Oh and mom well ive bought wog before for the wii even though it would have been easyer to pirate so i havent not bought it before