Game

43 replies [Last post]

Is this completely off topic? I hope so.
I was going to mention, who wants to play some infiniminer with me? It's pretty fun. About building blocks and mining gold. So who wants to play it with me? You can download it at infiniminer.tk

Uh....what do I put in here?...

Nick Faro wrote:
Is this completely off topic? I hope so.
I was going to mention, who wants to play some infiniminer with me? It's pretty fun. About building blocks and mining gold. So who wants to play it with me? You can download it at infiniminer.tk

Sounds a lot like Minecraft, except it probably didn't do as well through sales. Minecraft got over $1,000,000 in 2 days after Alpha release.

Oh and this is quite off-topic. A mod will probably either delete this or close it. 'Nuff Said Wink

Enchanter wrote:
Oh and this is quite off-topic. A mod will probably either delete this or close it.

WHY? This is the off-topic section! Doesn't anybody notice that?

Yes, but only because davidc was importing stuff in from the 2DBoy forums. Before then we didn't have an off-topic section at all (and we lived fine without it! Tongue). Just wondering what the moderators' official take is on off-topic posts in general... AFAIK, they don't like them.

Off-topic sections are important. I think these forums should stay.

Another Planet finally has an official release! Download chapters 1 through 3 here! Thank you for waiting so long while I kept starting over.

Well being off-topic every once in a while is good, but we are unfortunately off-topic on this off-topic post. I say it sounds like Minecraft.

Minecraft was based on the source of this game.

Another Planet finally has an official release! Download chapters 1 through 3 here! Thank you for waiting so long while I kept starting over.

If there is an off-topic forum there should be off-topic threads. If the admin doesn't like it he should remove it. I like it because when people get sick of strictly relating their posts to WoG they can just talk about random stuff. Get to know people.

I agree with puggsoy. This section is here to be used. And anyway like albino pokey said, this game came first, and it was free unlike minecraft.

The link's broken, but googling Infiniminer leads you to the right site.

Link works for me...?

Hm.

Try flushing your DNS?

Well Minecraft is free, and strangely enough, Notch got the amount of money that every Indie-Developer dreams of getting and just with the beta release. Infiniminer was the original base for Minecraft being the game Notch based it on. When the source was released, many spinoffs and mods were created, but none more popular than obscurities as the more polished Minecraft was released.

Enchanter wrote:
Sounds a lot like Minecraft, except it probably didn't do as well through sales. Minecraft got over $1,000,000 in 2 days after Alpha release.

Actually, Minecraft has been out since May last year, not 2 days. And it's not free, its 15Euros and its based on liked source code from Zachtronics Industries(they guy who made SpaceChem) not Infiniminer Wink

My Gooish profile | Videos on YouTube | My WOG Mods

Pavke wrote:
Enchanter wrote:

Actually, Minecraft has been out since May last year, not 2 days. And it's not free, its 15Euros and its based on liked source code from Zachtronics Industries(they guy who made SpaceChem) not Infiniminer Wink

Zachtronics Industries made Infiniminer too Tongue
Anyway, I was talking about the alpha release. With just the beta release, Notch made more money than most indie developers dream of making (as I have said before).

Enchanter wrote:

Zachtronics Industries made Infiniminer too Tongue
Anyway, I was talking about the alpha release. With just the beta release, Notch made more money than most indie developers dream of making (as I have said before).

Yeah, you right about that, although I don't see why Minecraft is so popular, I got tired of it really quickly

Did you play the full version? Or the free one?

The free one is kinda boring. You can't even craft anything.

If you played the full version, did you figure out how to make a workbench crafting table?

It's 4 wooden planks silly. Tongue

Some people I know started minecraft but gave up because they didn't figure out how the inventory crafting screen worked.

I have the full version. I know how to craft everything but it just takes too long to do anything thats good. And ones your done with the thing you are building there isn't much to do...

Except build something else. Tongue I always though Green houses for making Wheat or a Smelting house to smelt at least 3 things at a time were useful tasks to do. Or just get creative with the Colored wool. I've seen great pixel art out there. Wink

I'm working on making a huge pipe organ with note blocks and pressure plates.

Epicness. The most I've ever been able to accomplish was a cobblestone fortress. Tongue I'm not very skilled in terms of getting good materials.

I was lucky: I looked up where to find redstone (about 10 above bedrock) so I dug a staircase from my fortress straight down, and found an enormous cave system with a whole (flooded) room made of obsidian and redstone and diamonds and iron and gold! Laughing out loud But no lapis.

Who wants to play some Infiniminer..? Everyone has just been going on about Minecraft Tongue

Albino Pokey wrote:
I was lucky: I looked up where to find redstone (about 10 above bedrock) so I dug a staircase from my fortress straight down, and found an enormous cave system with a whole (flooded) room made of obsidian and redstone and diamonds and iron and gold! Laughing out loud But no lapis.

You are the luckiest miner alive! I'd kill...20 pigs...for that! Tongue

how about rupiah?

Spongebob rulez too Crown Crown Crown Crown

Back

Enchanter wrote:
Albino Pokey wrote:

You are the luckiest miner alive! I'd kill...20 pigs...for that! Tongue

I think I just got an awesome world seed. I used portals to go really far away from my base and instantly found...another cave system directly under the portal! Tongue

I found a cave system that contained a lot of stuff under my Minecrafted house, and it took me a week to realize it. Tongue

And @ Enchanter: 20 pigs!?! I already filled a Large chest with Cooked porkchops! EAT IT! Tongue