RedTheGreen's Server Open!

57 replies [Last post]

I'm starting to host my server 24/7 again. In the past day, we've made a mine-shaft, ice palace (in a desert lol), huge spleef arena, floating moderator overlook, moderator lounge in the nether, and a message written in melons.

Check out this (poorly recorded) video of me and MOM4Evr having a snowball battle:

Tongue

So, if anybody wants to join, please! We want people to join! I've made a white-list only to remove the possibility of griefers. Please don't grief. To get white-listed, request here with your minecraft name, or ask me in any other way you see fit.

Anarchy IP: mc.redthegreen.com
Creative IP: mc.redthegreen.com:272 (white-listed)

BTW, the server is currently running Minecraft Beta 1.9 Pre Release 4, so you can get that here.

Screenshots
Creative: Pixel Quote | Competitive Water Slide
Survival: Farming | Our House | 1st Floor | Basement

EDIT: Now, I'm going to be turning my server off every now and then. My computer goes from 68% RAM usage to 24% when I turn it off. Whenever I'm not using the computer or if I want to play Minecraft, I'll turn the server on again. It just makes everything else lag. (I run about 10 programs at once typically)

MY NAME IS

DOWITZ

LET ME INZ

As for the griefing, can't you just do the protection of areas?

FelixGriffin

Another Planet finally has an official release! Download chapters 1 through 3 here! Thank you for waiting so long while I kept starting over.

Successfully white-listed.

And no, I don't use Bukkit.

whats the server name and stufff

edit: nvm i remember now xD

BTW, I was wearing a pumpkin the entire time. It was kind of hard to see through, but fun. Laughing out loud

Add JamesOfGoo to it, if you haven't already. Tongue

Red your server kind of lags for me D:

When im firing arrows around it doesn't come out until a little after I let go

I thought you banned me?

-_-

James, you are on the white-list. kirdneh, I'll check later for yaz.

Dammit make one final reset and no more! stop changing it dammitz we keep losing all our saved stuff.

and yes, the current one needs resetting if u haven't done so. Here's the seed i PROPOSE:

THISISTHELANDOFKINGNICKOFREDTHEGREEN

You spawn RIGHT next to epic mountains AND epic flat desert AND small village AND ocean AND lakes

Smile

oh and crap loads of pigs

Laughing out loud Sure. Done.

*Tries joining server*

*Gets "Outdated Client" error*

we are using 1.9 pre v.4

go to the very top to the original message and at the bottom of it and get it

"I'm starting to host my server 24/7 again. In the past day, we've made a mine-shaft, ice palace (in a desert lol), huge spleef arena, floating moderator overlook, moderator lounge in the nether, and a message written in melons.

Check out this (poorly recorded) video of me and MOM4Evr having a snowball battle:

So, if anybody wants to join, please! We want people to join! I've made a white-list only to remove the possibility of griefers. Please don't grief. To get white-listed, request here with your minecraft name, or ask me in any other way you see fit.

IP: mc.redthegreen.com

BTW, the server is currently running Minecraft Beta 1.9 Pre Release 4, so you can get that ____ here." <---- click that word

Ah, I missed that part. Tongue

In the future, RedTheGreen, it'd probably be a good idea to ask people before you delete all their hard work, so they won't hate you. I'm staying on the goofans server from now on because davidc is more considerate. Wink

Am I on?

-_-

MOM, I'm sorry about your ice palace. Dowitz and I spent several hours on our own making a huge pvp arena, and a glitch on the server didn't save it. We raged and started a new world. That world, we finished the arena as well as tons of other things, but didn't save it (by carelessness). After that, we switched and switched, at one point having a floating-island pvp battle, and eventually going into a new world and staying for survival mode instead of creative. That's the world we're in now. Really, we're just aiming to unlock the new 1.9 features legitimately in survival mode. Once again, sorry, but we'd love to have you again to play with us sometime.

Don't forget my question!

-_-

Naw, there's no point playing on two separate survival servers, and starting over from scratch doesn't appeal to me much. Besides that, you deopped me for no apparent reason. Tongue

Am I on!?!?!?!

The only reson I'd like a creative goofans server Is because there s no room in the server. Every where I walk is packed.

-_-

i agree with the creative world thing + Kirdneh (mostly kirdneh). I'm not happy with MOM barging in and attacking me (but was justified by spilling lava on him) and then it was worse when for some reason it wouldn't spawn me back to bed but some random place in the world so for 2 hours i wandered for nothing then Red kills my chicken (whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy) then I look for hacks (yes I would) to get my chicken back then realized that was stupid now I have to redo my minecraft.jar stuff then I lose all my exp by glitch then i somehow got it all back up plus more to lvl 10 and..

...well lets just say i had a very bad day.

And you know what MOM is right we shouldn't have 2 survival servers I suggest you change the current server to creative and use the goofans one for survival

Goofans one is survival? There is too much on it already for me to consider it to be survival. I know the game mode is technically "survival" but what I'm talking about is entirely different.

MOM, I had sufficient reason to deop you. You changed your gamemode when I made it clear the server was going to be survival only.

Kirdneh, I forgot your minecraft id. Tongue

Howitz, I am sorry about your chicken. I will make it up to you by giving you...something.

Well I think what people want to do is build what they want to do without hassle then play survival mode with what they built.

Also for the goofans one... just do what I did. My house is 3 hours worth away from spawn by walking (MOM helped by giving me a teleport compass but I was already like 10 minutes away from the place.) As proof, look on the minecraft map for goofans. Bottom right corner, theres my mountain.

but seriously lets play survival mode on goofans server, and use ur server for creative mode, red.

I want to build contraptions, not huts without chicken :<

WE GOT SO MUCH THOUGH! Why would you want to get rid of all our hard work!? (yes, I know I'm being hypocritical)

EDIT: By the way, why did you leave 3 minutes after coming on!? 4 minutes and I would've been on as well. (I saw the log one minute after you left Sad)

Its past midnight...what do you want?!?!??!

and that hard work can be easily replaced in creative Tongue

have you seen these?

(yes the sounds are from the minecraft music boxes in sync to play nyan's theme)

this is the kind of stuff i want to make but more useful then useless

Eh. I've been doing Creative mode with you guys. FOREVER. Fine, tommorow, when I get back, I'll change the server to Creative mode. But I'm keeping that world for future use.

RedTheGreen wrote:
Eh. I've been doing Creative mode with you guys. FOREVER. Fine, tommorow, when I get back, I'll change the server to Creative mode. But I'm keeping that world for future use.

But seriously I mean why not use goofans server for survival mode, just run away like I did or type /tphere mom.far and land SUPER far away, make a warp, then we can have survival mode in goofans server without all that...stuff around spawn..
+ we could get MOM to play with us for once

and i think a lot of us would like to just build crazy things once in a while without working for it Tongue

RedTheGreen wrote:
MOM, I had sufficient reason to deop you. You changed your gamemode when I made it clear the server was going to be survival only.

LOL

What happened:

me- *logs into server and notices I'm in survival mode*
Red- This is a survival server now
me- *why should I care. I want to finish my castle. Doesn't recognize any of his surroundings, so turns on creative mode to fly around a bit and see where his castle is*
Red- *deop that makes me fall almost to my death* Oh, by the way, I destroyed your castle you worked so hard on
me- lolwutareyoukiddingme
me- *ragequit*

There's a significant difference between telling someone it's a survival server and asking them to not use creative mode. If you had asked, I would have stayed on survival and wandered around, looking in vain for the castle I spent hours working on. Giving a friend of yours who only means well 0 chances isn't exactly nice. Tongue Especially when they might be quite mad at you already for destroying something of theirs irrecoverably without even asking or warning them.

um MOM...

What REALLY happened (I wasn't afk -.- )

MOM- *logs into server and notices he is in survival mode*
Dowitz - The server got wiped
MOM- *ignores Dowitz* Wheres my castle??!?
Dowitz - WHAT CASTLE?!? (I say this a few times)
Dowitz - You mean the ice palace? Server got wiped
MOM blew up
MOM - *begins to jump off of cliffs*
MOM - I want to work on my castle
Dowitz - WHAT CASTLE ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT THE ICE PALACE
MOM - *Teleports to Dowitz*
MOM - AWW I WANTED TO DIE PEACEFULLY BY JUMPING OFF OF CLIFFS WHY DID YOU STOP ME
Dowitz - I'll help you kill yourself
MOM tried to swim in lava
Dowitz died (was a bug)
MOM - Here's your stuff

---blah blah blah I don't remember everything yo---

(most important part)
Red - Sorry MOM the server had an error and crashed and the world didn't save
Dowitz - yea we lost everything including our epic pvp cube arena
Dowitz - we lost it TWICE

MOM - *I want to finish my castle. Doesn't recognize any of his surroundings, so turns on creative mode to fly around a bit and see where his castle is*
Red- *deop that makes MOM fall almost to his death* Stop, this is survival mode now
(by the way he doesn't say he destroyed your castle)
MOM - lolwutareyoukiddingmedoesn'tunderstandthatitwasn'tonpurpose
MOM - Now I remember why I am a one-server person
MOM - *quit*

GUYS IT WAS A SCREW UP IN THE SERVER NOT ANYONE's FAULT like yea we can predict server crashes, the weather, and the coming of the apocalypse -.- and it wasn't out of carelessness either, someone asked to turn off auto save because it was lagging the crap out of a lot of people. After everyone left, I asked Red to add Jamesofgoo to the whitelist but then it crashed then it reverted back to nothing ~

so stop bashing RED, we are going to use the goofans server for survival mode, and use RED's server for creative mode. end of story!

and comapared to the stuff i've seen in the server before it was wiped, me and red lost the most work with the epic pvp arena cube

Yah, I know. I'm talking about when I first came onto the server. He deopped me pretty fast (within 30 seconds or so). I cut out all the running around, acting like a nut part because it was irrelevant (imo). The "most important part" as you labelled it happened after I was deopped.

But anyhoo, I don't remember Red saying it was a server glitch, so sorry for overreacting about that. Point is that I don't really need to be part of two survival servers at once.

Also, I never teleported to you (After all, I was deopped). I thought it was you who were force-teleporting me to you? Me confused.