IGF 2012

13 replies [Last post]

Who here is looking forward to the awesome games that'll be showcased in the Independent Games Festival of 2012? I know I am, since one of them is mine. Laughing out loud
Yep, I entered my game "Chef Bereft Episode 3" into the Student Showcase competition today, just to see how it would do. My chances are slim, however, as I'm entry number 658. But it's cool that so many people have submitted! We ought to see a lot of cool games this year, and maybe even add a few to our games collections, right?

Oh, and I get read-only access to the stuff other people have uploaded, including the main competition (I can see the files, just not download them or anything), and I WANT TO PLAY THESE GAMES. Especially "I Seem To Be a Rock". That just sounds totally epic. I do recognize some of the names here and there, too, which is cool.

I am too! I'm really excited to see new independent games on the web. I might get some new favorites! I'll be itching to play that new Chef Bereft.

Here is something that folks from IGF made for us: The 2012 IGF Pirate Kart http://www.piratekart.com/ Over 300 indie games in one bundle Laughing out loud

My Gooish profile | Videos on YouTube | My WOG Mods

I would download that if only I wasn't infinitely busy and probably wouldn't play them. Maybe I'll download it for later.

"I Seem To Be A Rock" sounds epic, I agree.

Yeah, I've heard some positive and negative stuff about Pirate Kart. I don't really think it should count as an entry, since it's not one game, and from what I've heard, it's a quantity-over-quality sort of thing, which is the exact opposite of what an indie game (or games) should be. But it is a cool idea.

Downloading at 1.60mb/s.

I wonder what new games we will find this time Laughing out loud

Perhaps a new 2Dboy game?

Nope, I don't see Little Inferno on the list, I'm afraid. I was hoping they'd submit it. Other than that, I dunno a lot. Except that I fixed a few things in my game that were bugging me, after years of not working on the game at all. A program is never done. Tongue

Oh, and the FTP server I was looking at that had 658 entries is actually the server for both competitions, I think. So my chances are better than I thought at first. Smile

BTW, you can download a demo of the game I entered at my website: http://www.mom4evr.net16.net

"The website is unavailible because it is being scanned for viruses and trojans. This redirect will be removed shortly."

Another Planet finally has an official release! Download chapters 1 through 3 here! Thank you for waiting so long while I kept starting over.

^ what he said Sad

/cry

I got the same message.

Yah, I was thinking about not posting the link yet because of that... obnoxious hosting people. Anyhoo, check back tomorrow and see if it's ok...

And you can also see videos of it (as well as Chef Bereft 1 and 2) on my YouTube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/RetiredSphinx

MOM, I saw your Chef Bereft episode 3 video.

I'm going to be honest, but I saw something...different.

I don't know what your intentions were with this game, but now I can't sleep at night with all the nightmares.

Be back tomorrow, MOM, in the off-topic section. I'll have something for you.

Which reminds me, I have to turn on the lights in my room ;_; its too dark..

..its too dark..

edit: ok lol I was loopy. Its one of those times where you go on goofans after staying up more than 24 hours. Or maybe thats just me, lol!

?

EDIT: Website up now. I guess you get what you pay for with free web hosting. Tongue