Its that time of year again!!!

57 replies [Last post]

Christmas!!!!!Santa
to start off, i'm making a new online tradition: using any program, create a Christmas song and upload it to the goo-gle group, then link the song to here with lyrics. for all this trouble, the winner gets......[/active drumroll]......
Humble Indie Bundle 4[/end drumroll]!!!!! Party
now start making MIDI files!!!

guidelines (dos and don'ts):
DON'T copy.
DO be original.
DON'T insult people if someone song is bad.
DO have fun.
DO be able to use Minecraft, World Of Goo, or any other video game theme. you don't have to, but you can.
DO have fun!!! Smile Laughing out loud Big smile
DO put it in a goomod!!

If you want to be a judge, email me. we need 3 total, so act quick. i am one of them, because i will probably lose Tongue
it will be on a scale of 1 to 10, with 3 bonus points if you designed the tune your self. another half point extra can be get for uploading to youtube. don't forget to put it in a goomod!!

-_-

Sorry, but aren't rules 1 and 5 mutually exclusive? In other words, 5=~1?

Another Planet finally has an official release! Download chapters 1 through 3 here! Thank you for waiting so long while I kept starting over.

what i meant was not to copy other songs on the internet, but you can use Minecraft/WOG other themes. Don't copy songs of the internet. you can use videogame themes. EX:

kirdneh wrote:
Minecraft holiday episode?

dashing though the mine
on a one-seat grey minecart
i hope i will see
some pixelated art

I'm very much aware
that skeletons are near
i'm very sure that griefers
stole my favorite pair of sheers!!

oh, no, creepers! no, creepers!
they are up ahead!
i wish i would've used my last arrows
for this instead,

oh, no, creepers! no, creepers!
they are up ahead!
i wish i would've used my last arrows
forrrrrr.... thissss.....innn.....steeeaaaaddddd!!!!!

sssssss....... booommm!!!!!!!!!

-_-

Aha, I might make something then.

@Red: good!
@ all: remember, if you want to be a judge (or donate a prize) just email me everyone!! i'm not going to use that old song for my entry, btw.

-_-

I'll donate my Humble Indie Bundle download link. Tongue The only difference with that and buying a new one is the steam key was already used. That good?

That's an excellent prize!!!!! Thanks!!! Smile Laughing out loud Big smile

-_-

No, that's not good. It's stealing, actually, since the download page is only ever meant to be used by one person, steam key or no.

oh. Sad sorry red, we can't use that.
anybody have an idea? maybe just a pat on the back?
we could have an announcement on the front page for the winner, and some one good at goo levels can make the winner a level just for them.

-_-

Alternatively, we could just buy a new HIB4 for them.

I think that most people on this site that are interested in HIB4 already have it, though.

maybe the winner can not only gloat about it but every one has to write a song about them.

-_-

I'm out of personal cash at the moment, I'm afraid. And like MOM said, most people probably already bought the bundle.

I HAVEN'T!!!!

Only because I can't though, internet cash and all that jazz. I would be prepared to bust my butt making a song if it would get me HIB4.

By the way, suppose I got the bundle, right? When you redeem it on Steam, is that per-game? Or do you just do the whole bundle?

It gives you one key for all the games in the bundle, and if you've paid over the average, you get another key for the extra games.

If you pay over the average, you get more?

That's one of the coolest marketing ideas I have seen. It should make the average price be constantly rising, as more and more people try to beat it. Smile

Another Planet finally has an official release! Download chapters 1 through 3 here! Thank you for waiting so long while I kept starting over.

It does.

it was 5.31 when i got it.
good thing those thousand dollar donations doesn't effect the average much.

-_-

Well, are we gonna do this thing then? And if we are, will the HIB be an above-the-average version?

RedTheGreen wrote:
It gives you one key for all the games in the bundle, and if you've paid over the average, you get another key for the extra games.

Hmm, OK. See, I would be cool with all of them on my Steam account, but my sibling wanted SMB on theirs, so that they've got full Steam privileges. Assuming, of course, I get it at all.

Super Mario Brothers?

Yeah, I know, Super Mario Brothers? Or SMB sharing? Or what?

If I get any money for Christmas, I might be able to buy a key. Depending on where the average is at that time, I might pay above it.

SMB = Super Meat Boy. Duh.

Sweet, thanks Red! But I don't want to make a song without competition, would anyone else participate?

I would, most likely. I already have a key, so if I win, I'll just save myself a few bucks. Tongue The judges could be replies on the thread. One vote per person, you can't vote for your own.

good idea. since there are only a few regulars on Goofans, my idea of three judges would make it have little competition.
another good idea: how about we give the winner the money for the next Bundle?

-_-

If the user already has this bundle, it's a promise for the next one. Above the average? I think that would be best.

OK, sweet.

When's the deadline then?

Check the other thread.

two weeks after january!! in the mean time, i will write a bunch of songs (not for contest).

-_-

Wait... what? Is the contest in the other thread about making music or level creation?

you create a song with lyrics. It is your option to put the song in a goomod.

-_-

Wait, it has to have lyrics? This is gonna be hard.

Lyrics = me not participating. Even for HIB4. Can't do it.