Public area -- level ideas, brainstorming, concepts, sketches..

90 replies [Last post]

you now the level Super Fuse chalange time ( Chapter 3)

You could make a similar, but harder´, that the string of fire goo gets to the top, and at the top there is a bomb, and you have to hurry up and make a tower( big)(like in the tower of goo, but a smaller than that) and get to a high pipe, and if you don't hurry up, or if the structure falls, and you don't have time to get to the top, BOOM,  the goos die.

Change the idea if you whant.
Imported from goo2forums.

Check out "the heat bomb"!

Another Planet finally has an official release! Download chapters 1 through 3 here! Thank you for waiting so long while I kept starting over.

it´s a good level, my best was 16 balls.

guess what? theres an Island 6

TM13's View of the World of Goo: PART 1 is now out!

(I now go by ENDESGA)

We know. Wink

where?

Spongebob rulez too Crown Crown Crown Crown

Back

on main menu map.
but it cant be made.

But in the new game or the old??

old. look at MapWorldView in WooGLE. you will see button that looks like Chapter 5 in the bottom right corner

I'm playing Minecraft. My username is theMineMaster2. If you want to see my Cartoony mods updated, then be a Mac user and find a image editing program that isn't confusing for me Smile

i guess there was a chapter 6, (it could have been a finished chapter or it was still being developed) but 2Dboy may have decided that there shouldn't be a chapter 6. they thought they removed all of its data, but they didn't. and from this day forward it still remains invisible in the main menu (and visible in WOOGLE)as we know........

There's a button and a LOT of text, some people are still trying to make it work.

Another Planet finally has an official release! Download chapters 1 through 3 here! Thank you for waiting so long while I kept starting over.

this island was called "the Moon" so there could of been space levels in this chapter. its only a button in the game, but i don't know why its not visible in the game but it is in WOOGLE. i guess they noticed it was still there and tried to hide it, but WOOGLE revealed their secret. at the end of the chapter 5 movie the planet with the gooballs could of been the moon and chapter 6 could of taken place there.

No, look in text.xml.bin.
Chapter 0: the Moon
1 year ago

The button, unlike the other 5, has a blank image for 'disabled.' This means it's invisible until it's unlocked. WooGLE uses the 'up' image, so it appears in the viewer there.

I found this GOOMOD many it could be in the game. http://goofans.com/download/theme/wog-cursor-color-change#tabs
You know where the Quit Credits all are... Yeah... Maybe we can make little text above them Saying Like Pink, Green, Blue, Red, Yellow ECT. Might Be usefull Wink

You can add as many buttons as you want, with rollover states and tooltips, they just won't do anything when you click them Wink

Yourself:
Yeah, like AP said, not really possible with the way WOG is set up. But good idea!
And yes, I've changed the cursor color in quite a few of my levels for WOG2, sort of my own personal touch...
Welcome to goofans, by the way!

Well you find the button in a code Somewhere then you try to make it a button
???

The buttons can only do certain, hardcoded things, all used in the original game. The only really important one for us is pl_{levelname}, to start a level.

It should work i modded some other game like WoG and added extra button i Found the code in a .dll and .xml File. WoG must be programed differently Wink

EDIT:"Ask 2DBOY if they can tell us where the buttons are Hidden Laughing out loud

Not hidden...the code is disabled! Wink

Not disabled... the code isn't there! Wink

The buttons aren't "hidden" anywhere, they are simply stuck inside xml.bin files like almost everything else. You can add as many buttons as you want no problem.
The problem is... getting the buttons to do stuff. All of this is hardcoded into the .exe, and cannot be modified. Not by anyone except Ron or Kyle. (If we did manage to modify it, it would be copyright infringement, and we'd face a possible jail sentence)
Basically, you can't add new chapter buttons.

Only modding chapters is available, like your Another planet mod AP. (great job btw), because like MOM said, it is not there, and reverse engineering DEFINANTLY could cause a jail sentance. Now we don't want any tears around here. Wink

Ok but i'm Just saying....

BTW There normally coded into a .xml or .exe in this case its the .exe

So when you making this game your Gonna have to have two Folders?? ( One called World of goo 1, another called (name of this game) Because if you cant click a button to go to the next world You would have to Have two folders So when you open world of goo 1 you cant get to the next world....sooo You would have two folders one for the first world and one for the second???

Yep! Same idea as GooTool, FL, and TFR. Wink

Nope. We're just gonna add more levels to the original folders.
And edit the xml to point to these new levels. Not hard.
AP: more like the idea behind WOG: AP than WOG: TFR. No installer package, just a goomod.

I think by multiple folders Yourself means like WorldOfGoo, WorldOfGooModded, WorldOfGoo2, WorldOfGooFL, etc.

Yourself wrote:
So when you making this game your Gonna have to have two Folders?? ( One called World of goo 1, another called (name of this game) Because if you cant click a button to go to the next world You would have to Have two folders So when you open world of goo 1 you cant get to the next world....sooo You would have two folders one for the first world and one for the second???

noo, wog2 will be just a mod editing almost everything in game. old levels will be replaced by new ones etc.

But the original WorldOfGoo folder is never edited by GooTool, so you can still play WoG1.

Okay, there is actually some confusion in the ranks about how exactly WOG2 will be set up...

I had it in mind to create a big .goomod, but others think an .exe is better, I have no idea why, I'm personally far better at goomodding than NSIS...
But whatever. We'll sort it out.

won't .exe be illegal? .goomod will be only a mod and there will be no problems. I'm for big mod, too.

Not illegal, but in my opinion, harder to make.