Post here if you want to join!

92 replies [Last post]

MOM4Evr wrote:
Then again, the Braid music is in public domain (I think), so it may work after all. Wink

Actually, Braid soundtrack isn't exactly a "game soundtrack" like in other normal games. Its a mix of songs from Jami Sieber, Shira Kammen, and few others.

Their songs are not for free so it is forbidden to use Braid music for WoG levels

My Gooish profile | Videos on YouTube | My WOG Mods

Oh, really? I thought it was in public domain. My bad. I stand corrected.

MOM4Evr wrote:

Yeah, here is more info: http://braid-game.com/news/?p=260

I got to take down "The Pit" because of copyright and stuff...

My Gooish profile | Videos on YouTube | My WOG Mods

Yes, well, anyone know how to use Mixcraft?

What's that? I've never heard of it.

Pavke wrote:
MOM4Evr wrote:

Yeah, here is more info: http://braid-game.com/news/?p=260

I got to take down "The Pit" because of copyright and stuff...

Aren't parodies protected by Fair Use?

Another Planet finally has an official release! Download chapters 1 through 3 here! Thank you for waiting so long while I kept starting over.

I actually read this whole big long law article on Fair Use. All big and complex and stuff. The level _may_ possibly be able to fall under Fair Use, but the music definitely wouldn't. Best to be on the safe side.

wait I have a question, as your talking about "fair use" or whatever,

all goomods are non-commercial, right?

Yep. Non-commercial. I don't think we can legally sell them, since they're technically derivative works off of World of Goo.

don't sell them enough things already cost money!

get my first theme here:
http://goofans.com/download/theme/ivygreen
it is called ivygreen
"SAVE THE WHALES
COLLECT THE WHOLE SET!"

i think it would be illegal to sell goomods

and im only asking if its noncommercial because i wanted to use music in one

it is illegal to sell them

get my first theme here:
it is called ivygreen
"SAVE THE WHALES
COLLECT THE WHOLE SET!"

yea i know

so how is the project going?

what my project actually awesome it is going goo-d

get my first theme here:
it is called ivygreen
"SAVE THE WHALES
COLLECT THE WHOLE SET!"

bubblefish4 wrote:
what my project actually awesome it is going goo-d

I think he was talking about the fan expansion, since these are its forums, anyway.

ahhh sorry....

get my first theme here:
it is called ivygreen
"SAVE THE WHALES
COLLECT THE WHOLE SET!"

All I would need is a program to make audio files, and for that I'll try to get you a few tracks to help Tongue

Who ya gonna call? GOOBUSTERS!

if you want to join my project (not wog 2) email me about it here: bubblefish4@gmail.com we will give credit and don't send 100 emails one is enough two to make sure i gets to us if you want.
the project me and other people (nick faro, puggsoy and vladislav) are working on is called sketch of goo!

get my first theme here:
it is called ivygreen
"SAVE THE WHALES
COLLECT THE WHOLE SET!"

I want to be in! I might get pictures in, but for the most part I'd do custom levels and balls. I also have some experience with a goo ball's XML data, if that can prove useful. And lastly, once I'm more experienced with Goovie, I can make cutscenes.

[SXQDJ] Cydushqvj, Fehjqb 2, Juhhqhyq.... Cydushqvj, Fehjqb 2, Juhhqhyq... Cydushqvj, Fehjqb 2, Juhhqhyq... Cydushqvj, Fehjqb 2, Juhhqhyq...

Use this website to decrypt that. A Caesar Cipher with Key 12+

Blegh, I have some platforms for levels, but they are basically already existing ones but frozen (like icy frozen).

i wanna join the proyect as an script writer, because the part i most loved about the game was the poetry that it had

When is the goolevel contest starting? hopefully in the summer, when I can actually start making levels again

Unlock.

Why? You've said before that no one new is allowed on the team.

Another Planet finally has an official release! Download chapters 1 through 3 here! Thank you for waiting so long while I kept starting over.

I did? Oh.

Well, anyway, we really do need new people to take over this project. It won't get done at the current rate (multiplication by 0 doesn't get very far).

I'm sure a lot of people on the forums would be willing to help! Who is currently on the team?

I've seen a few of the levels you made (James accidentally posted two of them in an unprotected forum, and I downloaded them before the mistake was fixed), and therefore know that one of the chapters is winter-themed. Why not take all the map contest entries and use them? It would be a free 5 levels, and would give you a little boost.

Also, like I've said before, I have some levels and Goo Balls I've made but that don't fit into the theme of Another Planet. You could use those if you want.

*racks brain*

Uuuh, THAT level? I guess I forgot I made a winter-themed level for NotWog2. Hmm. Anyhow, no, we're not that organized. I just created a random level that had nothing to do with anything. It came out winter-themed just... because. To the best of my knowledge, there isn't a winter-themed chapter.

Ok, how about just releasing what we have so far as a giant level pack, rather than editing the chapters themselves? To be honest, hardly any of the levels fit any of the planned chapters, anyhow.

And Daft made an epic mod that should change modding forever... and it's not finished yet. Pavke was working on it, but I think he ran out of time, too. Rgh. I hate how little work is getting done. And I'm one of the people who's not doing it.

I could help, if it's in Goo-code (XML) not Python. What's the new avatar, btw?

Naw, it's just a standard goomod. XML is basically fine as-is, just needs some editing, and some pictures.

Also, new avatar is Magus from Chrono Trigger.

Albino Pokey wrote:
(James accidentally posted two of them in an unprotected forum, and I downloaded them before the mistake was fixed)

Augh! My fault! Tongue

Anyways, those were pretty much level Ideas that popped out of my head, but I should have been following directions. Thus, I say tsk tsk to myself. They ain't official, but simple ideas. The chapter isn't winter themed. Wink