Post here if you want to join!

92 replies [Last post]

I want to join this project! From the old Goofans post it seems really cool, and I want to see how it turns out! Laughing out loud

Another Planet finally has an official release! Download chapters 1 through 3 here! Thank you for waiting so long while I kept starting over.

Hi Albino.

The best thing you can do is to post your ideas here :
http://goofans.com/forum/fan-expansion/public-discussion/1639

And join us on the IRC chatroom channel here :
http://goofans.com/irc.php

See you !

Come chat with us !

I want to be on the 2dfans team!! I have a TON of ideas!

AKA "Goobomber" practically everything else

T̶h̶e̶ G̶o̶o̶b̶r̶i̶d̶s̶:̶ C̶o̶m̶i̶n̶g̶ 's̶o̶o̶n̶' (̶V̶a̶l̶v̶e̶ T̶i̶e̶m̶)̶ ...if WoG 2 has modding support and I can remember what ideas I had a decade ago, maybe? No clue, I was like 12

Profile pic from Ne

Come chat with us !

I'm asking to be on the team. So please tell me if I can be on the team or not!

T̶h̶e̶ G̶o̶o̶b̶r̶i̶d̶s̶:̶ C̶o̶m̶i̶n̶g̶ 's̶o̶o̶n̶' (̶V̶a̶l̶v̶e̶ T̶i̶e̶m̶)̶ ...if WoG 2 has modding support and I can remember what ideas I had a decade ago, maybe? No clue, I was like 12

Profile pic from Ne

Wow, sorry, we are kinda hemming and hawing about it, aren't we?
But I thought I kinda already answered this question...
Basically show us what you got!
You posted categories of how different people should help the team... good categories, but do lack one aspect of proper modding: everything has to be possible. For example, you can't create a goo that is draggable part of the time, and non-draggable the rest of the time. This does require some knowledge on the parts of the "Gooball imaginers" and "level imaginers". And if you have that much knowledge, can't you just make the balls and levels?...
Of course, your hybrid goo idea is ok, but I think we want more _new_ balls than hybrid ones...balls that are used in new and creative ways, look cool, etc.
So seriously, if you have all kinds of ideas for levels and balls, create a forum topic here and start posting your ideas. Dig into GooBLE, WooGLE, and GooVIE (DaB created a whole bunch of really helpful pages for them here on goofans; read them!). If you have any questions about them, ask. And if you show that you have great ideas and dedication, WE'LL ask YOU to be on the team.
Good luck!

*I am MOM4Evr and I approve this message. If any other team member has any comments, please chime in.

How about making new types of GooProduct, sort of like hybrids of the GooProduct, BeautyProduct, GlowProduct, etc.?

For example, FireProduct is invulnerable and inflammable, WaterProduct is inflammable and draggable...

Another Planet finally has an official release! Download chapters 1 through 3 here! Thank you for waiting so long while I kept starting over.

Well, I am having some trouble with the Level and ball editors(I wont make Goovies yet). I have an easier time with the level editor becuase their was a video tutorial for it. Daft as brush Should REALY make a video tutorial for GooVIE and WooGLE. That way I can have an easier time posting Goomods for notWoG2 like the goobrids and some classified gooballs that I have came up with, but wont be heard from until I eather compleate them or get very close to compleating them. One that is 2 of the few that I will tell you about is the Auto Fire Goo(Self explanatory) and the greanade goo(Explodes when attached). Thanks for reading!

Profile pic from Ne

Gooflamer wrote:
Well,Daft as brush Should REALY make a video tutorial for GooVIE and WooGLE.

I assume you meant WooBLE because there is a tutorial videao for WooGLE.
WooBLE and GooVIE are pretty similar to WooGLE in usage. Use the reference guides to find out how Balls and movies are working than you will know how to use WooBLE and GooVIE.

Gooflamer wrote:
One that is 2 of the few that I will tell you about is the Auto Fire Goo(Self explanatory) and the greanade goo(Explodes when attached).

Do you mean with "Auto Fire Goos" balls which can ignite themselfs without fire or other already burning Goos? This is not posssible.
Also the grenade goo. You only can make them explode with fire or attaching them to a burning structure. You can do something similar to Albino Pokey´s Ancient Temple and make the death look and sounds like explosion but they will not break geometry.

What about all other balls are noninflammable (yes, that is a word) and a huge fire covers the whole level? You'd have to make it so you couldn't bouce goos though.

This could work but how do you want to prevent the goos of geting ignited at level beginning. Every flamable goo get ignited by fire when it touches a fire and is not thrown by the player, even when it is floating in the air without bouncing off something from beginning.

Maybe a special area?

Could be.

Profile pic from Ne

Like an unwalkable ledge with no fire.

I would love to be a beta tester. I am a huge WoG fan and it would be cool to test the fan mod. Thanks!

hmm.. I don't think if there will be any beta-tests soon...

Hey, I was wondering, what positions need filling? Like anyone, I think I'd like to be part of the big WoG Expansion, but I'm also doing other stuff. I'd just like to see if there's any lightweight job that you'd like me to do, not with too strict deadlines.

Probably images, music or levels.

I don't know if the team currently has any musical composers.

Well, I suck with music (I'd like to find some composers myself) so that's ruled out.

Images, also not my strong point, although any image manipulation might be in my neck of the woods.

And levels... you've seen how easy most of mine are. But if someone had some designs and needs a putter-togetherer, I can do that.

Albino Pokey wrote:
I don't know if the team currently has any musical composers.

I've been sent a few emails when this was a big thing. Some people were like "Oh I'd love to help out." and sent me some demos. When I told them they sounded great, they expected me to pay them. Tongue I was pretty sure I already told everyone this was a free mod.

Lol. This expansion isn't for money, it's for fun! (And possible fame.)

Maybe I could make some music and ask some friends to make some. What feelings should the pieces express?

I'm looking for some music for some levels set in a dark cave, so if you could make a piece that sounds excited, curious, and spooky that would be AWESOME

I think Braid's Downstream would fit that.

But, of course, we shouldn't steal from Braid Big smile

whose braid?

get my first theme here:
http://goofans.com/download/theme/ivygreen
it is called ivygreen
"SAVE THE WHALES
COLLECT THE WHOLE SET!"

Braid is an Indie game. Not a person. Look it up on google. Smile

Then again, the Braid music is in public domain (I think), so it may work after all. Wink

It is?! YES!!!!!

thanks guys!

get my first theme here:
http://goofans.com/download/theme/ivygreen
it is called ivygreen
"SAVE THE WHALES
COLLECT THE WHOLE SET!"

@AB: Ah, so you like my idea?

@MOM4Evr: I guess so, but then it would sound exactly like Braid. Wouldn't that be kind of like "stealing", even though it's legal? Like, some people might say "Hey! Why are you using Braid's music? Make up your own!"

Just a thought.

@puggsoy: Good point. It would be good to use new music just so it feels, um, new.