GooBall Ideas

33 replies [Last post]

Some Gooball ideas.

Anyway, if its not already in there:

and please give credit for the idea if your going to make it, note that the additional optional will probably not be possible and doesn't "have" to be part of the goo.

GUMMY GOO

Main Purpose: Sticks to walls.

Additional Optional: They cannot walk, too much weight will rip it apart, detaching gummy goo structure from gummy goo structure, these goo balls cannot detach once attached, and if not used, they can go into pipes.

RUBBER GOO

Main Purpose: Flingy/Bouncy Arms, Attach from long distances

Additional Optional: Tension in arms, or drag and fling, undetachable

Note: For option 1, the rubber goo structure will always try to stay close together, so if something heavy is on top of the rubber goo structure, the arms stretch. So if something cuts the rubber goo, it snaps back into place. They can also go into pipes if not used.

ICEHEAD

Main Purpose: A blockhead that breaks when hit with something heavy or dropped from somewhere high, and cannot be dragged around by the player, as you would do with a normal blockhead.

Additional Optional: When it breaks, there could be goo balls (of any kind)stuck inside?

ROLLER GOO

Main Purpose: Walks regardless if attached or not

Additional Optional: Detachable. Cannot go into pipes if not used.

PERMA GOO

Main Purpose: Stays in one point forever when attached

Additional Optional: Nondetachable

Note: That means goo structures can hang from perma goo structures as perma goo structures never wobble, fall, or tilt in any direction, nor can they be lifted. Cannot go into pipes.

PHANTOM GOO

Main Purpose: Can be attached through walls

Additional Optional: Goo can move along phantom goo arms, and phantom goo cannot be dragged through walls themselves, Nondetachable, can go into pipes when not used.

Note: Its possible.

HELI GOO

Main Purpose: So light, that their structures (without any goo on them) will float in midair and never fall (unless there are no goo on them)

Additional Optional: Nondetachable

Note: its possible if there is no gravity, but then everything would be "heli goo"

ANCHOR GOO

Main Purpose: When attached, it brings down objects

Additional Optional: detachable, cannot enter pipes

note: opposite of ballon?

Yeah, very good ideas, although I'm afraid neither is possible currently. Either one would require some source code changes, and we don't have the source.

Yea I just found out that they do have the code on the goo ball info...
I don't think any new thing can really be added except mods.

Perhaps you guys should make another new WoG engine/game?

Or convince 2DBoy to make another WoG game >:O

edit: well new levels can be added

Rubber goo is possible.

Use the fling code from the viruses, and add it to the ivies.

Flinging is actually detaching. Wink

Another Planet finally has an official release! Download chapters 1 through 3 here! Thank you for waiting so long while I kept starting over.

except this fling is like a slingshot. works like a catapult. this could create tons of new levels.

These would be kind of like that. Mind if I make these Goo Balls?

Another Planet finally has an official release! Download chapters 1 through 3 here! Thank you for waiting so long while I kept starting over.

Also, a sticky UtilNoAttachWalkable (aka GooProduct) would work like the Gummy goo.

I would love to see them made

please do

actually, isn't the pokey goo ball the same as a GUMMY?

Kind of, only they walk (I think), and they don't "rip" under weight, they detach. And of course, they don't sound as cool.

But, is "ripping" even possible without editing the source?

Goo balls "rip" when they hit that spinning saw/cog thing. That what I mean. When you detach, you remove one goo ball from the rest of the structure.

By the way, if any of these are possible in some way, please make it and show me a pic of it in action Smile

Ah, I see. You mean, they DIE when they detach.

Hmm. Not sure if it's possible. I might give it a go. I'm no pro with custom gooballs, but still...

@puggsoy: Detaching doesn't kill, it reverts the gooballs to their unattached states.

I have an idea for how to code the IceHead, too. I'll publish these later today.

Awesome, Albino Pokey!

Hah, take that MOM! perhaps these might be possible after all Tongue

I have level ideas concerning these gooballs, perhaps I'll add them later.

You mentioned World of Goo 2, there are actually several at the moment. I'm working on World of Goo: Another Planet, TacoMann13 is working on World of Goo: The Light Side, and a big team of people (led by Enchanter49) are making a very secret one that I don't know the plot of. Tongue

Howitz wrote:

Take what? Not as you initially described them, no, they aren't possible. I think I read what you meant wrong. Sorry if I came across as shooting your ideas down.

*MOM knows best

MOM4Evr wrote:
Howitz wrote:

Take what? Not as you initially described them, no, they aren't possible. I think I read what you meant wrong. Sorry if I came across as shooting your ideas down.

*MOM knows best

LOL MOM does know best Shock

btw I didn't really change anything, just added more description.

I'm making a basic test level with these. Will upload as soon as it's done.

awesome

It's up now. Called "The Flingy Wall."

Good AP, I'll test as soon as it's published.

It only includes the Rubber/Flingy, which looks like a weird mutant Bit-Ivy combination. NB: It acts a bit weird when you detach it.

Awesome.

Say, why do you guys here at goofans make your own puzzle game? just curious.

hey howitz can i use your roller goo please?

get my first theme here:
http://goofans.com/download/theme/ivygreen
it is called ivygreen
"SAVE THE WHALES
COLLECT THE WHOLE SET!"

@Howitz: What d'you mean? Why do we make WoG levels? So that people will never stop playing this wonderful game!
(If that isn't what you meant, please say so.)

Enchanter wrote:
@puggsoy: Detaching doesn't kill, it reverts the gooballs to their unattached states.

I know, what I meant is that apparently Howitz's idea was that the GUMMY gooballs die when they detach.

The roller goo seem impossible. Goo Balls can't rotate.

sure bubblefish, if you can make it.

just give credit for the idea and you can do it without permission.

btw, i think roller goo may be possible. Maybe you can make them "walk" while still attatched? since they are stuck to a structure, they will pull it along (or try to).

i'll try to sort the descriptions of the goo balls, into "main purpose" and "additional optional feature"

I'll qualify my statement this time so I can go back on it later. Wink
I don't think roller goo are possible given our current knowledge of Goo Balls. "Walking" while attached is impossible as far as I know, unless it involves some kind of jury-rigged geometry (which would be quite possible, but you wouldn't ever be able to drag around, attach, or detach this kind of "goo").
There. Now prove me wrong. Tongue

MOM is always right, I guess :/

or is she??!?!?! Shock

awesome! Im just figured out the mods install n stuff.

I made a level, please try it AP :)ill upload sometime today..

and its here http://goofans.com/download/level/mountain-ivy-level#comment-16637

It is possible Smile