New badges

22 replies [Last post]

I know that Davidc has no time to visit goofans but if he made this web site and is responcible by himself he has to take care of it but he didn't (As if only added Who's online thing). I had about 5 brand badge ideas at the last time - some may be already known and here they are (I'll ut images later on):

Celebrator - has been finished minimal one celebration contest (I don't remember how it said instead of contest something - co ... cu .. ce...?)
Left - Haven't been at goofans for 6 months or more.
Chatterbox - has been in comunication with other people on goofans.
Idea chamber - has lots of good ideas and/or has made anything else instead of goomods.
Developer - Has been included in making goofans and/or being making some editors.

So what do you think? By the way Davidc we need you! There is going mess on goofans without you!

Thread moved.

The only one I think is a valid idea is Developer. All the others are unneeded and/or difficult to do.
For example: Left would be possible to do, but once the person comes back, it would have to be removed. As far as I know all current badges are permanent, or removed explicitly by mods (or DavidC). Also, Chatterbox would apply to anyone who has posted on the forum: useless much?

Badges are meant to show achievements. Serious OCD, Kleptomaniac, etc. OK, so there are special ones like Contributor and 2DBoy, but the main function of them are to show what the person has achieved or done in relation to the GooFans community.

In any case, even if any of these are approved by DavidC, they will be some time away. Saviour, Strategist, and Speed Demon haven't even been done yet.

(By the way, look at the comments on the badges page to see why we don't need too many badges, among other things related to the subject.)

ok, you made me change my mind BUT why not put celebrator (Not yet)? I know that celebrator is when you find ALL the celebration images like from christmas on goofans what I've already been talking about - why not celebrate? Well this is only Davidc can change - By the way I'll put some images that I'll make up later for idea how the celebration system is going to work - it will be kinda complicated to make the images and I don't have time so the earliest time is this saturday...

The celebration thing would take time to implement (if possible at all), and I don't even know if David would agree to it. What's more I dunno it'd be able to detect who found all of them and who hasn't. And if everybody can get it, then everybody would get it, and then we'd just have an extra badge below everybody's name.

So yeah, my opinion still stands: I think the Developer badge is the only reasonable suggestion, although not necessary.

But if I didn't mention then each celebration would be only for 1 week - if you don't make it you don't get the badge. I'll show you images really soon...

Here is one for the beginning.

When I click on the link I get a blank page.

Just settle down - I fixed it - nothing is going in the first place Wink

Ah, I see it now.

Well, if DavidC agrees on this idea then I'm fine with it. I'm just personally unsure if this will be easy to do. I'm not even sure what you're idea is: it is that pictures are going to be hidden on the site and you have to find them? From what I remember you haven't explained it completely.

Probably I haven't, sorry. And yes, the images will be hidden in web site pages - some even could be in latest levels (But not in old ones cause then everyone is going to look there for ages to find any images). That icon is a badge and not one of the imgaes - The images I'll show you later - probably tomorrow cause it's Saturday tomorrow and I'll have plenty of time to do lots of things... Once and for all I do need to have a day on a computer when I'm not going on tanki online, don't I? Images should be easy to make but it takes time...

Remember that badges follow a color scheme: blue for Goofansy stuff (uploaded an addin, moderator, etc.), brown for World of Goo achievements, yellow for holding a record. And the picture on the badge should be monochromatic.

I made some templates in different colors at one point, I'll try to find them.

Another Planet finally has an official release! Download chapters 1 through 3 here! Thank you for waiting so long while I kept starting over.

I was wondering that long time ago, AP and the green colour could be Other. I was thinking about the developer badge and... If Moderator badge is called contributor then The developer actually could be called administrator.

Contibutor - Moderator
Developer - Administrator

I think out that because of the Tanki online forums - they are almost the same as goofans forums you know.

Why should Developer be for the admin? Daft is a developer but he's not an admin.

This is what I think: if we do have a Developer badge, it should be given explicitly by David to anyone who has made a utility.

Contributor is for both mods and admins (David has it too). Maybe he should have a special "Admin" badge, but most people know he's the one and only big boss anyway.

What About Ron and Kyle?their big bosses

I made goomods.

Puggsoy: I wasn't sure of administrator (I don't even know what it is) but I tried to guess - I got administrator from Tanki online forum and I though it could be good idea for goofans.

Gooey goo: If you're Kyle and Ron you get 2Dboy badge which already exists - check if you don't believe me Wink

They don't go to this site very much.

-_-

I believe they appeared only once, when they were asking for translators for the app store.

Another Planet finally has an official release! Download chapters 1 through 3 here! Thank you for waiting so long while I kept starting over.

And that was only Ron, too. As far as I know Kyle has never even signed in (but I've only been here for 1 year and 3 months, so I'm not that sure).

Hmmm... I wonder what they do on the computer when they get on it... Wait - isn't there gona be another game? What was it called again...?

Kyle's part of the Tomorrow Corporation, so he's (probably) working on Little Inferno. Ron might be working on 2DBoy's next game, which is possibly WoG 2.

it won't come out (if ever) soon at all.

-_-

Ron said he was working on his "own projects", which I would assume isn't World of Goo. But I could be mistaken. It's been a while since we had any update from the towers of Tomorrow Corporation, unfortunately, or the 2DBoy blog. Kyle is most assuredly working on Little Inferno, since it's based on one of his prototypes, anyhow.

Really?! Which one?! Must...find...

I'm also pretty positive he didn't say which one. Wink