New Music!

22 replies [Last post]

Hi everyone,

I just finished the first draft of a new song for the game. I call it "Specula", the Latin word for "a glimmer of hope". It's written for a string trio.

(Sorry if the midi sounds weird, in my experience midi and strings don't combine well.)

(EDIT: I'm trying to find some way to upload a large WAV and a PDF instead of MIDI and MUS. Any suggestions?)

(EDITEDIT: Never mind. I compressed it into an OGG until it fit.)

AttachmentSize
Specula 1 (PDF score and OGG sound)915.7 KB

Another Planet finally has an official release! Download chapters 1 through 3 here! Thank you for waiting so long while I kept starting over.

I have no idea what to do with the .mus file, but from what I heard in the .midi, I think it would fit perfectly in a small town. Probably one with some story significance, maybe the first you visit.

Ah, there we go. Now there's a better-quality sound file, and a legible score.

Another Planet finally has an official release! Download chapters 1 through 3 here! Thank you for waiting so long while I kept starting over.

How bout uploading an mp3 instead?

Edit: Interesting song... But the music score needs to have a definite BPM tempo marking. Otherwise, during performance, it could be anywhere from REALLY slow to REALLY fast! Also since we're having people online play it during their practices, we'd get someone playing it slowly and someone playing it fast and when we try to merge the recordings it could get messy. Other than that, I'd say you could add some other instruments and such and it would be beautiful! Laughing out loud

For those wondering, Earth of Goo is still being worked on, but not as often. It will be finished! Check out my website/YouTube www.scarletfury.com !

Oops! Good point there. It sounds good at Finale's default, which I think is 120 to the quarter, so I'll add that marking.

And thank you! What other instruments would you recommend?

Hmm... Definitely Srting Bass... How about Flute, French Horn... and Timpani Drums?

You don't have to add them. I'm just suggesting. But it would sound pretty if you could do so. Smile

For those wondering, Earth of Goo is still being worked on, but not as often. It will be finished! Check out my website/YouTube www.scarletfury.com !

Btw, what's gonna be the theme song? Like the temp_main in World of Goo?

Check out my SoundCloud, MomoSoundWaves

Well, temp_main is used in the main menu, but I (personally) think that our main menu will have less exciting music, judging by the current view of the game's theme. It probably won't be the game's main theme song, either. That will probably come round in one of the main cutscenes.

We haven't decided whether it'll be the song I wrote, or a new one or different one yet.

For the menu theme, I'd say either adventurous or dramatic.

Check out my SoundCloud, MomoSoundWaves

I'm thinking adventurous and comical.

1. intro(20 seconds ): it EXPLODES with sound, then follows the
2. main statement(60 seconds ): this part is the main theme, bold, adventurous, exciting, something that would get your adrenaline pumped, like at the beginning of battles when the leader yells "CHARGE!" and everyone runs in, yelling, while the enemy is surprised at the attack, and next is the
3. secondary theme(2 minutes ): in a battle, after the first wave, is the more organized second statement. in this part of the song, it shows the clash of swords, the stronger part of the battle.
4. Antagonist's theme(45 seconds ): Here is where the enemy starts gaining control, where the realize the true strong but terrible powers of the enemy and is sort of the desperate part of song, a struggle to win. The enemy isn't startled by the first statement any more. All looks lost, and then there is the
5. sorrow(15 seconds: the sadder part of the song, while the good guys grieve over the deaths of their friends. This part of the song isn't so loud and has more strings and is quieter, but it is short, and near the en it gets louder quickly as the good guys avenge their friends' deaths in
6. revenge (30 seconds ): they battle fiercer than ever, and the song is very loud, and the antagonists are pushed backwords and the good guys win, then it goes quieter with the unbelievable shock of winning, then
7. victory (20 seconds ): happy sound here, with everyone cheering and celebrating, main theme playing, then
8. The Grande Finale (15 seconds ): it closes with the main theme fading away, contentedly.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I might of made it too big, and maybe a abridged version should be created, but we should base ONE of the songs on a battle.

-_-

I'll try something in that form.

Ok, so what about the song I made at first? Tongue Puzzled Should I try something new? Or what?...

Kirdneh: I did the math. That would be a 5 minute 25 second long song. Quite long... Laughing out loud

yeah, i went too far on that. maybe that would be a song george lucas would write Tongue

-_-

... Or me... Just because my first name is the last name of that person. And George Lucas didn't write the music for his movies, John Williams did... Tongue Laughing out loud

oh yeah, sorry.
d'oh!

-_-

I heard the older music, which was very suspicious and gives real effect to the game. Loved it.

Thank you, CrissJorden, but please remove the spam link from your signature if you're a real person and don't want to be banned.

The song is still off-worked, but with more effort it can sound pretty well.
one question... in which tonic note you are?

Edit:Ithink it´s G doric scale
or D mixolydian

Hey You!
Start the fun and Install the fan made CHAPTER 6: MOON OF GOO

For which one, Specula?

D Major for most of it.

Also i have other question wit which program you made the score?

Hey You!
Start the fun and Install the fan made CHAPTER 6: MOON OF GOO

I used Finale Notepad to write the music (I think the 2012 version is free), then imported it into MuseScore (open-source and lots more features, but hard to enter notes) to make a PDF and sound file, which Finale NotePad can't do.