Art thing I guess.

48 replies [Last post]

Well, being able to do it around edges or certain areas of an image might take certain techniques or knowledge of the program. But changing the opacity of the entire image/layer should be as simple as Red says.

Trust me. I can fail the simplest of tasks. Remeber the AC that looked like minecraft dye? I put the middle of it to have 50% opacity. No opacity XD.

Yamaco! - Every Gooball ever
Computer! Y U get virus?

That's the thing. It's your program, not you.

WAIT. Think I fixed it. Want to know my problem?
I put on multiple layers of 50% opacity. 50% opacity X 2 = 100% opactiy XD
I suck at life

Computer! Y U get virus?

Yep, that would do it. Tongue

OK. Working on a alphabet that may or may not work Smile
EDIT: Anything in particular that you would like me to make? Like, an icon for the game or something (which would mean I'd officially be something else then random moral support and taking up website bandwidth Shock)

Computer! Y U get virus?

I don't mean anything by it, but I think I'd prefer an artist who knows how to draw with opacity.

OK. I'll show off something opacity and see if you like Laughing out loud
(I am detirmed to show you i can draw for this game Stare)
EDIT: http://imgur.com/pCIPG
Look at the very bottom of the picture. I know its small, but look Laughing out loud

Computer! Y U get virus?

Link is broken... Tongue or not working... Puzzled

For those wondering, Earth of Goo is still being worked on, but not as often. It will be finished! Check out my website/YouTube www.scarletfury.com !

Works fine for me! Maybe its just you.
EDIT: http://i.imgur.com/pCIPG.jpg
try that one

Computer! Y U get virus?

Links work fine for me.

Uhh, that's a JPEG image. May be imgur autoconverts to jpg - try tinypic.com instead. I know they don't.

If, of course, you are trying to upload a jpeg image, please note that JPEG images don't support transparency. You'll want to upload a PNG that has an alpha channel. Not all PNG's have alpha channels, so look in your image settings and change stuff if necessary so yours does.

also,

nothinggoo wrote:
I'll show off something opaque and see if you like

"opaque", by definition, means "no transparency". I think you mean that you're trying to show that you know how to use opacity, which would involve having varied amounts of opaqueness or transparency.

By the way, a gradient from opaque to transparent isn't exactly amazing, since you used an aliased brush above it to write your message...

But I think the best way to show you know what you're doing if you want to draw artwork for the game is to look at the artwork that's already been drawn, and draw a BIG image (1280x800 pixels, at least), entirely your own work, that mimics Howitz's art style and shows your imagination and what you think the game should look like based on our discussion so far. A couple little 64x64 pixel images don't show us much, since we'll likely never use anything that small. Our game character will likely be over twice that size, and he's likely to be one of the smallest objects in the game.

Ok that time the link worked! ... Interesting Demo... but I agree with Mom4Ever. you'd need to make something BIG pixel size, and game related for it to be useful... though I'm not sure what... Tongue

For those wondering, Earth of Goo is still being worked on, but not as often. It will be finished! Check out my website/YouTube www.scarletfury.com !

Gooballs Of Fire wrote:
and game related for it to be useful... though I'm not sure what... Tongue

Yep, which is why I left it up to his imagination. Artists should be able to guess what people want and draw something epic rather than just drawing what they're told to draw (though that's always really good too!).

50% of 2 things is only 75% (50% + (50% of 50% = 25%)) -> 75%

If you put it against a complementary background, it will still show through.

H J K

But if you have have 2 separate layers at 50%, then 50% + 50% = 100%. I don't see why you're talking about 50% of 50%.

But it's only 100% in the end if you're adding the images together.

Another Planet finally has an official release! Download chapters 1 through 3 here! Thank you for waiting so long while I kept starting over.

H J K

That didn't really clear it up for me (actually made it more confusing) but it doesn't really matter. As long as everyone knows how to use opacity then the discussion is pretty much over.

Albino Pokey wrote:
But it's only 100% in the end if you're adding the images together.

Obviously, yeah.