New levels don't start

6 replies [Last post]

I installed WoGDemo and played 1st chapter; its a great game!!

Then I installed GooTool and a new level (waterlogged). All in GooTool seems to be right (save profiles, customize some options...) When I 'save and launch World of Goo', the Game start ok, but whe try to start the new level all crashes.

I'm in linux (Ubuntu 9.04, amd64)

Any help?

hm,you should wait for davidc,he will tell what to do.

Crazeh man!

thB
thB's picture
ContributorAddin AuthorKleptomaniacToo Much Free TimeSerious OCD

Have you already tried a other levels? I have the same problem with Goo Ball Warming, other levels are working fine.

my gooey profile | my video channel | author of Hazardous Environment

The demo doesn't contain all the resources used by some custom levels. You should have received a warning to this effect when you launched GooTool.

Warning: Demo version detected
You have the demo version of World of Goo.
Many features of GooTool, including custom levels, may not function correctly or may crash the game.
You can upgrade to the full version at http://www.worldofgoo.com/

I've got the same problem, but in full version. I'm doing my level and I try to test it, but i can't. When I click the button in chapter 1, there is some error and I have to quit WoG.

Maybe the level has a ball type that isn't in the demo, such as water (clear) or beauty (big, has a face, pink.)

OVER 9000

erm, no, he's talking about the full version.
and there could be lot's of reasons.

Maybe you don't have version 1.30 of World of Goo, or...

if it's working in WOG Editor, it's most likely a goomod related error, a mistake in addin.xml, or other xml or xsl files, or a wrong filestructure, ...

if it's not running in WOG editor, there might be an object with an invalid attribute, or the Exit and the pipe positions aren't matching, or anything like that.
Or it has something to do with this WOG Editor bug: http://goofans.com/forum/world-goo/modding/122

| Fly Her to the Moon (with Antigravity Goo) | Infinitive Windows Freezer (unlimited Goo playground) |