WTFFF!!! how do you upload stuff

22 replies [Last post]

I know where to do it, and i have no problem uploading screenshots...but i dont't see any button or explanation for uploading the Drained file or any other files.

Dismal dimmensions of my being, I explore my thoughts through murder devoting my life to mutilation.

Click on the "Downloads" tab and select "upload a new file." You then can upload a legitimate .goomod, and request for a moderator to approve it.

TY for the help...

Dismal dimmensions of my being, I explore my thoughts through murder devoting my life to mutilation.

Nevermind...that didn't help what so ever, I still have absolutley positivley no idea what so ever what to do.

Make a goomod! do you know how to make a goomod? Read it here: http://goofans.com/developers/addin-file-format

and don't double post

My Gooish profile | Videos on YouTube | My WOG Mods

Once again thats no help at all...There is no visible downloads tab, I have no idea how to convert the format(gootool doesnt open)

http://goofans.com/developers/addin-file-format didnt help what so ever.

Ps. I have made about fifteen WOGcorporation ballmods, but i have no way of uploading them....there has to be a way other then using gootool because gootool doesnt even open on my cpu.
SORRY BUT THANKS ANYWAYS...

OK, i can see you have created you addin page B.C.Rich Kerry King Warlock mod

So, just above your comment, on that page, there are 3 tabs: Sreenshots(witch you have), Downloads, and Stats
Click on download tab and it will open with the link "upload your addin"
click it and new page will open with simple upload function

EDIT: if you still can't fined upload tab here is the direct link for uploads to you addin page: http://goofans.com/download/1114/upload

And you should really learn how to chill, don't be so angry Wink

Uhh...who said i was angry?I did't even imply i was angry.Well thanks... i did finally find the page but it wont let me do the Drained folder as a whole...

That why you have to make it as .goomod

Only special mods can be uploaded in zip format. As you ca see, non of those zip mod modifies W0G. You don't have to have gootool to make goomod, read the link i gave you.

Using therms like: "WTFFF" and "what so ever" and "Jesus christ" implies that you are... frustrated Wink

This ought to help a bit, too:
http://goofans.com/download/sample/how-make-goomod-level
His directions are ok, but are made for creating a level goomod, not a ball. For an example of a ballmaking mod, see:
http://goofans.com/download/sample/wog-corporation-green-balls-coloring
Just change his addin.xml and the artwork to yours and you should be good for a drained-ball-changing addin. I've always found that changing an existing addin is easier than starting from scratch.

Im sorry im having so much trouble...but how do you upload(from the beggining)I dont know what an .xml is or where to put it in.I made all 15 of my mods from scratch on adobe photoshop 6...

Okay. Sorry. I'm just a geeky programmer who assumes other people know stuff. Let me start from the top...
From Adobe Photoshop 6, you saved your images as .pngs, right? If you saved in another file format, change them to PNGs. WOG will only support PNGs.
OK, I take it from your earlier comment that you want your new images in place of the "drained" Goo Balls (that is, for them to show up in WOG Corp in the game). Double-check and make sure your images have the same dimensions as the originals (I think it's 32x32 pixels for the body, and I forget exactly what for the strands). If you have already replaced the originals in your res/balls/drained folder, and they work fine in WOG, you're ok.
Create a folder someplace safe on your hard drive (where you'll be able to find it again). INSIDE THIS FOLDER, create a folder titled "override" (not capitalized, capitalization matters). Inside the "override" folder, create another folder titled "res", a folder inside this called "balls", and a folder inside this one named "drained". Copy your new images into this folder (Only the images, nothing else needs to go in there). Back out to the topmost folder (the one with the "override" folder in it), and right-click (in Windows, other OSs would be slightly different). Choose New->Text Document, and name the text document "addin.xml". Make sure that it's "addin.xml" by clicking the "Tools" menu (in XP, Vista may require you to press Alt first,) clicking on "Folder Options", View tab, and then deselecting the check box "Hide extensions for known file types". (these steps will be similar in Vista or 7, but not exactly the same.) Now it will show your new file as "addin.xml.txt". Rename it to "addin.xml". Windows will complain, but ignore it.
Right-click on the file and choose "Edit". This will pop it open in Notepad.
Now type the following: (Or just copy/paste from here)

<addin spec-version="1.1">
  <id>com.goofans.Necro.Lord.AwesomelyCoolWOGCorpBalls</id>
  <name>Awesomely Cool WOG Corp Balls</name>
  <type>mod</type>
  <version>1.0</version>
  <description><![CDATA[
    <html>
      <p>
        These things are soo cool!!!<br />
      </p>
    </html>
  ]]></description>
  <author>Necro.Lord</author>
</addin>

Of course, subsitute your own name for it and change the id accordingly.
Ok, now save the file, and go back to the folder that this file and the "override" folder are in. Select both, right-click, and choose "Send to compressed (zipped) folder" from the menu. Rename the resulting .zip something like "com.goofans.Necro.Lord.AwesomeBalls.goomod". Once again, make sure Windows doesn't tack the .zip on the end. Windows will complain, but ignore it again.

Now just upload your goomod! Laughing out loud

You have no idea how thankful i am...It took longer to to upload them, then it did to make them.I made 15 of them in 2 hours and it took me 3 days to figure how to upload any of them...lol

No problem. Glad I could help! Smile

And good artwork on them, by the way.

I've unpublished the three addins you just uploaded. Please do not submit addins that do not work or fail to load into GooTool. Specifically, these three have invalid addin IDs with spaces in them (see http://goofans.com/download/ball-style-world-of-goo-corp/bcrich-kerry-ki... for further information).

Once this is fixed, please test them and make sure they load into GooTool and function correctly - feel free to resubmit for publication once this is done.

-davidc

that is one of the many problems in goomoding (making sure they actually work)

My profile of awesomeness | Me on skype: pokelucas2000 | My drop | Me on...umm....I forgot Tongue Laughing out loud

Oh. Oops. Sorry. I didn't realize that addins with spaces in the ID's wouldn't work. I should've warned you. Sorry about that.

I have no problem with them...but it sucks because i cant get goo tool to work so i can't test them...but they work fine if you download them and put .zip after them.I wish i had read this earlier because i just put up 15 of them without knowing they did't work for you guys.Ill try to fix them soon.

Just ignore the other 12 I requested for publishing because they have the same addin ID space issue.

Here's an idea: How about you bundle all of your mods up together into a zip file and upload them to MediaFire.com or somewhere so that we can help you fix it? Won't that be more efficient than going back and forth fixing one problem at a time through half a dozen of posts?

Author of World of Goo Portable. Download here!

OK they are all fixed im just waiting for them to be published.OH and "MOM4Evr" I knew that i was supposed to change the addin descriptions to my liking but i didnt feel the need to...

Thanks!!!

Okay. I just can't take stuff like that for granted when I'm explaining stuff. Glad to know you got that all cleared up!