Another thread of the lonely and careless badges

44 replies [Last post]

Hey again!
Now i´m requesting some badges for the winners of the "RedTheGreen " contest.
What you think?

Also Update the information in the badges information sheet, PLEASE.
If there would not be any badges anymore they sould not point the last three as "Coming up badges"
The new users will get confused and they will say
"When the new badges?""We need more badges(Ironic)"
Or the only one who can edit that is jamerz or davidc?

Hey You!
Start the fun and Install the fan made CHAPTER 6: MOON OF GOO

I think moderators can, since it's a normal page.

And I'll work on that. The badges should be blue and gold, right?

Another Planet finally has an official release! Download chapters 1 through 3 here! Thank you for waiting so long while I kept starting over.

Yes, i search for templates, Thanks Albino!

Hey You!

I have templates if you want them.

Another Planet finally has an official release! Download chapters 1 through 3 here! Thank you for waiting so long while I kept starting over.

No thanks i found them in the badges information comentaries

Hey You!

I highly support badges for the contest. My only concern is that davidc isn't active right now, and to my knowledge he is the only person who can hand out badges.

Insist....The only way...
All we could do is mail him about it. or contact it by different ways(Chat,Mail)

but Only that i can´t hold it for now the badges creation
im occupied in other goofans stuff
Could anyone help?

Hey You!

Unfortunately I'm rubbish at graphics creation, I'm only having a go right now with GIMP because of RedTheGreen's "user image" specification (which I personally find unnecessary).

Who made the original badges?

puggsoy wrote:
Who made the original badges?

Jamerz. He hasn't been online in half a year, though.

Hm. Not a good sign.

Are you gonna attempt it then? (I'm assuming this from your comment on the other thread.)

I'll try making some badges for the contest, maybe using the Goo Ball images from "Jingle Balls" or "Winter Mod"?

Good ideas. But see, if you want to do that we would need a different image for each badge for each contest. I mean, that's OK if people don't mind making them, but if not then I suggest just one image for all contest badges (like a gooball with a crown), and then when you hover over it, it says which contest it's for.

Just a suggestion, but whatever you guys think is best.

Correction: whatever davidc thinks is best. He calls the shots.

But as far as my recommendation would go (not that it's worth anything), I would suggest a single badge that all winners of the level contest would get. This would be provided, of course, that there are more than one contest.

Second suggestion: level anonymity. I can remove all the info from a level that shows the author and just publish the level flat, with an empty username. It may be better for judging, depending on what you want, RedTheGreen.

And no, I cannot add any more badges. Only davidc can do that. He's on IRC every now and then, so if you all go on at different times and such, chances are that you'll catch him. Link in my signature. His name on IRC is "ennui" currently.

Oh, and @puggsoy: you'll have to stay on chat for a while if you want someone to respond. The past couple times you've been on, davidc has responded to you about 15-30 mins after you left. Wink

Maybe one badge, with a little number next to the image then?

MOM4Evr wrote:
Oh, and @puggsoy: you'll have to stay on chat for a while if you want someone to respond. The past couple times you've been on, davidc has responded to you about 15-30 mins after you left. Wink

Yeah, I am a bit impatient. Tongue I'll stay on longer next time, maybe then I can catch davidc or whoever.

Albino Pokey wrote:
Maybe one badge, with a little number next to the image then?

That's a very good idea. I'm for it, anybody else agree?

I was thinking about it, but I'll leave the graphics to the artists.

I'm hoping to have more contests, but that depends on how many people enter this one as well as how often people want a contest.

If I make the contests less frequent, I can make the prize even higher than $10USD. Once again, it depends on you all. Do you want a high prize in contests every 2 months or so, or do you want lower prizes but for more frequent contests?

Getting things going, has anyone spoken to David about all this lately?

Personally I would prefer less frequent contests, not because of the higher prize money but just so that we can have a breather in between. For example, later on when I probably stray away from WoG modding again, I wouldn't mind popping in every few months to whip up something for a contest.

So yeah, that's my opinion. And I haven't contacted to David, maybe if nobody else can be stuffed I'll send him an email.

In my opinion ,make a contest 3 times in the year.
But in different topics:The best fan art
The Best the most creative

Hey You!

Hmm, well then I guess it should be one contest every season?

That's four. Wink

Gandalf wrote:
Meriadoc Brandybuck, and Peregrin Took. I might've known.

I probably should be insulted by that, but YAY FOR LOTR REFERENCES! Laughing out loud

4 a year sounds good. But don't always make them season-themed, because 1) it'll get boring and repetitive, and 2) it might confuse/annoy people on the other side of the world (like me).

I realize the hemisphere differences. I actually wasn't planning on making them season-based. Oh, and check the original page for an update in the prize.

The Big and Blank Hand Holding Letters wrote:
That´s actually a good idea

Hey You!

Don't insult Gandalf, or he'll throw exploding pinecones at you.

If this were Facebook, I'd Like AP's post.

This forum should have a reputation system. That'd be awesome, people would be more enthusiastic about solving problems, you could "like" posts (give reputation), and people wouldn't make new accounts. *nudges Enchanter*

A rep system would be pretty cool, but I don't think it would be right for this kind of forum. This is only a small community, so I don't think the idea would catch on.

Also, please stop calling me enchanter. That just sounds weird.

What about only like?Dislike will atract haters and trolls!

Hey You!

No one said anything about Dislikes. Not even facebook has that kind of thing. (and trolls are cool, yo. why you gotta be hatin on dese trolls?)