Japanese World of Goo question

17 replies [Last post]

Hello.
Does anyone know why World of Goo was renamed Planet of Goo in Japan?

A translation error or change
happens very common in anime series and videogames.
Dont worry, And also it is the same.

Hey You!
Start the fun and Install the fan made CHAPTER 6: MOON OF GOO

Also Welcome!
I think that you are from japan.
Am I correct?

Hey You!

Well, I don't think it's bad translation. Probably just one of those random international name changes, like how Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone was renamed Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone in America.

Still, I could be wrong, maybe it is translation.

No, I'm from Chile. Thanks!

There are a lot of things like that in translation; not all words in different languages have direct one-to-one correspondence. Play around with Google Translate a bit and you'll quickly see where it's lacking. This isn't an isolated issue, either; "The Sign Painter" is translated something along the lines of "The Sign Writer" in the Spanish translation of World of Goo (I think; correct me if I'm wrong). It's just the way it goes.

And "World of Goo" -> Chinese Traditional -> English -> "Planet Viscous"

Another Planet finally has an official release! Download chapters 1 through 3 here! Thank you for waiting so long while I kept starting over.

And "World of Goo" -> Chinese Simplified -> English -> "World sticky" Laughing out loud

If you send it back and forth through every language in Google Translate, you get things like "Earth Bar", "World Clock", "World Time", and eventually just "World". Smile

Another Planet finally has an official release! Download chapters 1 through 3 here! Thank you for waiting so long while I kept starting over.

Heh, I'm also from Chile.

Yep, Google isn't the best translator. Tongue

Also the voice translator is very funny at the time to translate, it sounds pretty akward

Hey You!

It's usually a person from the country (where the language came from) speaking. I'm pretty sure they just record all the phonetic sounds and piece them together for the words you type.

That's why the German voice can beatbox. Smile

I just lol'd so darn hard.

hahahahaah, good one Albino!

Hey You!

Oh, Red, you took down your profile picture?

I tried to change it, but Goofans is a little weird with profile pictures. I've noticed this before. If you delete your picture, then upload a new one, it just reverts back to your original picture...

I think that only happens with NotWog2 members, and other people who can directly upload images.