MapWorldView

16 replies [Last post]

Hi, we are NuoviCartellisti, sorry but we have a problem and we don't know the solution: we have made fifth new chapters and map but we want to nake another MapWorldView, but the name can't be the same (WOGEditor said that the same name is already used) and if we try to modify the .xml of the map (but with another name, the our is MapWorldView2) the game go crash.
How can we modify the MapWorldView or edit the original, if it is possible?

World Of Goo - Fight Against The Shopkeeper
Map and Chapters

WHOA! Ok... be prepared for something majorly complicated... Ya ready?

You can't edit the MapWorldView through the level editor yet. First follow these steps:

1. Duplicate the original MapWorldView in the level editor.
2. Edit it however you want, making sure to ALWAYS include the following:
a.Always include 5 chapters.
b.Always include the NewMail and NewBalls image and label.
c.Always include all the world of goo corporations (Destroyed, Intact, 3D)
d.Other than that, feel free to edit all the images!

3. Save it as MapWorldViewNew (Or 2)
4. Go into the original MapWorldView folders and decrypt ALL the .bin files into xml files.
5. Do the same with your MapWorldViewNew/2 .bin files.
6. Replace all instances/text strings in the original MapWorldView xml files that say MapWorldView in them with MapWorldViewOld.
7. Save those files and encrypt them for world of goo.
8. Open your MapWorldViewNew/2 files and replace all instances/text strings that say MapWorldViewNew/2 with MapWorldView.
9.Save those files and encrypt them for world of goo.
10. Your done! Try running the game now and if it works, sing the hallelujah chorus for mastering the hardest modding technique. If it crashes the game it means you might have skipped some instances in the above steps. In which case go through the files and try again.

Good Luck!

For those wondering, Earth of Goo is still being worked on, but not as often. It will be finished! Check out my website/YouTube www.scarletfury.com !

Thank you, now we try it, try you to download our three chapters! Wink

Map and Chapters

Sorry but we don't understand step 6, 7, 8, 9 (we are not good with maps, best with chapter Smile ), can you explain us in another way, please? Or can you make a tutorial of this?
(we are working on some tutorials: Level Editor - Movie Editor - Ball Editor - Make Chapter with Mod Editor)

Map and Chapters

Ok:

6. Open the resources.xml, scene.xml, and level.xml files from the MapWorldView folder in notepad or other text editor.
7. Look for anywhere it says MapWorldView in all the text. Replace that with MapWorldViewOld in all of the files.
8. Save the files and encrypt them for world of goo. (To encrypt simply right click on the xml file and select where it says Encrypt for World Of Goo)
9. Open the resources.xml, scene.xml, and level.xml files from YOUR MapWorldViewNew/2 folder in notepad or other text editor.
10. Look for where it says MapWorldViewNew/2 in all the text. Replace that with MapWorldView in all of the files.
11. Save the files and encrypt them for world of goo. (To encrypt simply right click on the xml file and select where it says Encrypt for World Of Goo)
12. Same as step 10.

Have fun! Laughing out loud

For those wondering, Earth of Goo is still being worked on, but not as often. It will be finished! Check out my website/YouTube www.scarletfury.com !

Ok, we're trying, and sorry, but to remove the WOGCorp/WOG3D/WOGD how can ww have to do?

Map and Chapters

Finish...THE GAME GO TO FATAL ERROR! We don't understand, do you want see our tutorial about it? So you can watch it and say us the error!?

Map and Chapters

OK, I had a similar issue. You can't just delete WOGCorp/WOG3D/WOGD. You have to move them in the editor WAAAAY off the screen so that no one can click on them, but they'll still be there and the game won't crash. Also, you HAVE TO DO THE SAME THING WITH THE NEWMAIL AND NEWBALLS image and label too.

If you still have problems, yes posting a vid would really help. Puzzled Smile

EDIT: Actually, how about you take a look at how I did it for my custom World of Goo? Simply download all ten files in the link in my signature and extract them and open my MapWorldView in the editor to see what I mean. Wink

Ok, we post a video, take us 7 minutes, where we post the video?

Map and Chapters

In the middle of your comment as a YouTube link or something... I'm not sure I've never done it.... Tongue

It works, we have a little problem: the images of the islands don't appear, is a stupid problem we resolve it and tell you if it will work!

Map and Chapters

Most likely, the images aren't in PNG format. If not then it's something else... Smile

Also make sure you're meeting all the requirements here: http://goofans.com/developers/world-of-goo-level-editor/reference-guide/...

thank all, it works! You are my saviors!
DOWNLOAD THE NUOVICARTELLISTI'S ISLANDS TO PLAY:
World Of Goo: Fight Against The Shopkeeper
A little question, how much time have you wait before the moderators publish your addins?

Map and Chapters

You have to wait until the mods have time and have tested it. If it fits the requirements, it will be published. Otherwise we will leave a comment outlining the problems.

If we have not published it, and we haven't left a comment, then we haven't tested it yet. Also, requesting publication again without having fixed problems will not help at all, it will just annoy us.

So basically, there is no set time that you must wait for the addins to be published. Just have patience and you will be rewarded.

Ok, thanks!

Map and Chapters

Glad you got the map working! Also, if you want to remove the WoGC, you can set their images to invisible, the text to empty strings, and use a new profile. It'll just never be unlocked!

Another Planet finally has an official release! Download chapters 1 through 3 here! Thank you for waiting so long while I kept starting over.