Goofans was dying slowly

9 replies [Last post]

I'm beginning to think that this site is dying.
fewer inputs, less comments, less life. only some maintain these ruins of what was once a glorious partnership, people formed a network of knowledge but also of fellowship, a network in which a novice does not feel like a fool, but as another one of this great network goofans called friendship. maybe it's a rookie who can query WoGle not yet but I've been watching them for long before you registerBye
Goofans, bye world of goo

mpiezo a pensar que este sitio esta agonizando.
cada vez menos aportes, menos comentarios, menos vida. solo algunos mantienen estas ruinas de lo que antes era una gloriosa sociedad de personas, personas que formaron una red de conocimientos pero tambien de compañerismo, una red en la que un novato no se siente como un tonto, sino como otro mas de esta gran red de amistad conocida como goofans. quizas sea un novato que todavia no puede contolar WoGle pero yo he estado observandolos a ustedes desde mucho tiempo antes registrarme
Adios Goofans, adios world of goo

El reflexor
Minino Painter

I know, it seems to have been dying for a while now. I know I personally haven't posted much, but APc3 is now almost done and should be fully released within the month. Hopefully that will bring things back a little bit.

EDIT: Also, I haven't been a very good moderator, for which I sincerely apologize. The package moderation queue is getting out of hand. Tonight I'll go through and try to test them all.

But there are still a few people active on this site. People somehow keep setting new records, and Inwog keeps updating his addins. So I wouldn't say the site is truly dead yet. It could still return.

Another Planet finally has an official release! Download chapters 1 through 3 here! Thank you for waiting so long while I kept starting over.

I never understood the reasoning behind posts like this. ZOMG WE HAVE NOTHING TO TALK ABOUT, SO LET'S TALK ABOUT HOW NOBODY'S TALKING.

The site is not "dead." It's not truly "dead" until it's offline. Your argument is invalid.

I've been here for over 3 years. That's a long time. And the game had been out for a while when I joined. There's no real statistics for how many active forum members there are for an older indie game, but I'd say more people are interested in what Jonathan Blow is doing with The Witness right now than what's going on with Braid. It's the way the world works. There's been no World of Goo sequel, hence not a huge amount of interest here any more. That doesn't mean nobody likes the game any more, that just means that the game has started its migration to nostalgia. OMG I PLAYED THIS AWESOME GAME WHILE I WAS YOUNGER ABOUT GOO BALLS. Everybody knows about the game, but that doesn't mean we have to talk about it constantly.

Imo, the point of these forums is to make Internet friends. So what if they're not as excited and talkative about World of Goo any more? If they're cool people, they're cool no matter what games they're playing. I still chat with Red (Enchanter49? Wow, it's been a while since he had that account) on Steam, even though he hasn't been here in quite a while. And I'm friends with a good number of goofans users. A lot of times they introduce me to cool new games, as well, which is sweet.

No point in stating the obvious. If the site is dead, you can't revive it no matter what you do. If it's not dead, there's no point in saying it. Either way, there's no point in saying anything about it. It's also funny that you're saying this, as I don't really recognize your username, which tells me you weren't all that active in the first place. Tongue

What MOM said, basically. As long as there is at least 1 member visiting the site (let alone how it is now), the site isn't dead. It's certainly not dying, just sort of hibernating.

Plus, I'd be making goomods right now if I had more time. I've got a bunch of ideas so once I manage to get some stuff out of the way I'll start making more, maybe even a total conversion.

I just hope that everyone has reason and this is only one period. and no one recognizes my username is that I have no time as user

PS: sorry for the spelling my comments are translated into English by google translator because I still do not write English fluently

The solo espero que todos tengan razon y esto solo se un periodo. y sobre que nadie reconoce my nombre de usuario es que llevo poquisimo tiempo como usuario

Pd:perdon por la ortografia mis comentarios son traducidos al ingles por google traductor dado que yo todavia no se escribir ingles con fluidez

El esperanzado
Minino Painter

Albino Pokey wrote:
I know, it seems to have been dying for a while now. I know I personally haven't posted much, but APc3 is now almost done and should be fully released within the month. Hopefully that will bring things back a little bit.

EDIT: Also, I haven't been a very good moderator, for which I sincerely apologize. The package moderation queue is getting out of hand. Tonight I'll go through and try to test them all.

But there are still a few people active on this site. People somehow keep setting new records, and Inwog keeps updating his addins. So I wouldn't say the site is truly dead yet. It could still return.

To be honest, gofans was dead from the beginning Sad and it's sad. I wish it was as active as Tanki online forum...

I'll admit, this site has nearly come to a halt. I only visit once a week because we barely get more than 10 posts in that time. It's bound to happen to all forums; WoG is just becoming outdated. It is sad to see it like this, but it has to happen sometime. I can see a few situations where the site makes a comeback, but I see a lot where it just drifts away and dies. Getting the goofans game made would seriously up the traffic, but the way things are going this site is just going to drift away. I remember a year back, before Little Inferno, there were at least 3 times as many posts, and a lot more members. The only 3 forums that have had any activity in the past week are General Disscusion, Support, and Pictures of Your Cat. The last reported spam user was found almost a week ago; I remember when there would be 2, 3, or even 4 a day. New Records is barely staying alive, only just holding together General Disscusion other than the odd topic (like this one), Support is only being held together by the occasional new user who is having troubles, and pictures of your cat is still alive because that is the only place we can really discuss anything that hasn't been disscussed. Strategy has no chance of staying afloat, because any strategy to get more goo we have left is already being done in the New Records topic. I could go even more indepth, but I think this sums up the situation good enough.

Yamaco! - Every Gooball ever
Computer! Y U get virus?

I have a plan that I think will help it start up again a bit more in the meantime. There might not be many posts, but I hope people will keep reading the forums.

Another Planet finally has an official release! Download chapters 1 through 3 here! Thank you for waiting so long while I kept starting over.

*pokes head into forum*

I'm still here, just sayin'.

*goes back to steam*