Wooden Signs

22 replies [Last post]

Hi, made this thread for two reasons. First, I'd like to announce the release of Wooden Signs! Basically, it's an inverted version of ISH Signs: all digitally displayed signs (those in Chapter 4) will display, well, wooden, while all other signs remain the same. This has no direct help, since GooTool installs levels in Chapter 1, but it'd be very handy for total conversions that don't want digital signs in Chapter 4, in which case it can be either included in the goomod, or depended on.
It's available on the ISH Signs addin page, as a separate goomod.

Now, that's the other thing I wanted to say: when people click "Install Now", it'll download Wooden Signs, since that's the latest-uploaded goomod. However, since ISH Signs is more useful than Wooden Signs, I want that to be the main goomod for this addin, and thus the one people get when clicking "Install Now".
The only fix I can see for this is editing Wooden Signs' date to make it look older than ISH Signs. I'll do that for now, but if anyone knows of a better fix that'd be cool.

You could archive Wooden Signs, I suppose...

Another Planet finally has an official release! Download chapters 1 through 3 here! Thank you for waiting so long while I kept starting over.

that would be cool if someone made minecraft style signs, with a minecraft-like level that comes with it.
good job puggsoy!

-_-

Ooh I want to try that. Kirdneh that is a project I would try. I would try that thing.

Albino Pokey wrote:
You could archive Wooden Signs, I suppose...

Well, some people might have trouble finding it then.

Anyway, it looks OK. I just set the year in date published to 2010 instead of 2012, so it's OK.

And about the Minecraft signs, I think that if you edit the sign's graphics files it should be a piece of cake.

And the switching animation is fine, it wouldn't have to be changed.

I suppose you could also change the font...

Another Planet finally has an official release! Download chapters 1 through 3 here! Thank you for waiting so long while I kept starting over.

Yeah. Although, a modified version of the ISH Signs font might suffice, since that's pretty pixely.

The ISH font is based off of the Linux console font at 8-pt size.

If you want the real Minecraft one, I have a TTF of it which I could convert.

Email it, if you could. I might make a Minecraft sign, since it seems like a good idea. Unless, of course, Red would rather want to do it:

RedTheGreen wrote:
Ooh I want to try that. Kirdneh that is a project I would try. I would try that thing.

Sent.

I'll see what I can do. Also AP could you email it to me too? Tongue

What's your email?

I was one of the recipients of Gooballs's email. Check it.

Sent.

So wait... who's making it? I'll get working on it, but Red can publish his if he likes.

EDIT: Too late, Red. It has been done.

Alright, I'll do a dependency then.

For your level, you mean? Sweet.

MOM
MOM's picture
Addin Author

What program do you guys use to digitally create pictures and pictures that move (i.e. puggsoys avatars)?
That might be something I could look into.
-MOM who ironically doesn't know how to do this.

If a house that weighs 100 pounds (it's a small house) has five birds inside it and the birds start hovering in the house, does the house still weigh 100 pounds?.

Different people have different preferences. I use GIMP (which is free), others prefer Photoshop (which isn't free) or PAINT.NET (Which is free). Depends on what you like to use.

Photoshop's not the best for animated GIFs. If you make each frame you can splice them together with even some online tools.

if you look online, chances are someone already did the work for you. i found my mario .gif and puggsoy re sized it for me.

-_-

There are even some sites that convert a video file into a lower-framerated gif.

I got my one from the internet. But in my sig you can see ones that I made myself, with GIMP.

There are plenty of tutorials on how to do it online, here's one of many.