I wanna create a downloader of GooFans in C++.

16 replies [Last post]

How to get the list of goomods? Help me! And if I do it, can I publish it on GooFans?

What exactly are you asking? Do you want to make a program that allows you to download goomods without opening your browser? I don't see that it's necessary.

In any case, I can't help with create such a program. And if you want to upload it, you'll need DavidC's permission.

jackhen2345 wrote:
How to get the list of goomods? Help me! And if I do it, can I publish it on GooFans?

You do realize that it's only mods that can do it.

Only moderators can get the list of Goomods?

Another Planet finally has an official release! Download chapters 1 through 3 here! Thank you for waiting so long while I kept starting over.

I think he means only mods can make utilities.

Which isn't true, by the way. It's true that most utilities have been made by mods, but Red and other people have made ones, and they're not mods. All that is required is that your utility is accepted by David, in which case he will allow it to be uploaded.

Well this is true for all non goomod files.

Check out my SoundCloud, MomoSoundWaves

If you're asking such questions, you likely need more experience with C++. Although this is probably just a matter of grabbing HTML from the webpage, going through and grabbing the name and author and such, goomod file download link, and repeating this process for every addin on the site. This could probably be done with an XML-parser, which isn't easy to make. I suggest you use TinyXML if you want a quick version. I have the libraries you need to compile against if you need them.

The easiest way:
Download the web page "http://goofans.com/download/level?page={0-∞}" and do following stuffs for each.
Find all " href=\"/download/level/.*?\"" and download the pages.
And then find all " href=\"/download/\\d.*?\"" to get the download files!

What are you trying to achieve? To download all the goomods? That seems a little over the top, nobody's going to play them all and some will conflict and I doubt GooTool will play well with thousands of addins enabled!

That sounds a bit ridiculous, and I think he just wants a browser-type explorer app that lets you run it right after you discover it. Although this also sounds tedious as using a standard web browser is just as easy. Tongue

Yes, you are right. That's what I thought. I have a friend who wants to download multiply goomods easily! So I wanna do this.

Well, "install now" is half that, but "play now" isn't really feasible until the fast rebuild in 2.0 (or 1.2 or whatever I call it).

Cool. When can we use it?

What's more, how to disable or enable or uninstall or install many goomods easily? I don't wanna click so much 'Yes' and 'OK'!

Maybe an option to turn off those little dialogue boxes? I mean, when have I double-clicked a goomod that I DON'T want installed?

Another Planet finally has an official release! Download chapters 1 through 3 here! Thank you for waiting so long while I kept starting over.

He means something like when he's installed a few levels, then after he's played them all wants to uninstall all of them.

There should be an option for uninstalling multiple addins though. Using the CTRL+click method.

I'm agree with you.