Question about WOGCorp...

25 replies [Last post]

Hey I just got this brilliant idea for the final version of Earth Of Goo: The Gooey Part 2! But I was wondering if it would be possible...

You know how when you replace the MapWorldView with your own one you duplicate it, call it MapWorldViewNew and when your done rename all the old one to MapWorldViewOld and yours to MapWorldView to replace it?

Do you think I could do that with the World Of Goo Corporation and turn it into a sandbox with dispensers? Then it would SAVE your sandbox structures after you build them and be a REAL sandbox of awesomeness!

If that's possible please let me know what you think! Smile Wink

P.S. Adding dispensers would allow for more than 300 gooballs but that's not what I would intend it for. Puzzled So if it crashes the leaderboard stats... oh well... it's a well worth it fun sandbox!

For those wondering, Earth of Goo is still being worked on, but not as often. It will be finished! Check out my website/YouTube www.scarletfury.com !

It would be possible, as far as I know there's nothing stopping you. Obviously if you actually submit this to the Leaderboards you'll get a Cheater badge, but if you just do it for fun, and so that you can save your structures, then go ahead. Maybe you could submit it as an addin too.

And don't worry about people using it for cheating purposes: cheaters are easily noticeable. And there are much better cheats than dispensers, like upwards gravity or antigrav balls.

Only one problem...BallInstances in the World of Goo Corporation are ignored by the game. I tried this once before, and what works is to edit the Drained ball in some way.

Another Planet finally has an official release! Download chapters 1 through 3 here! Thank you for waiting so long while I kept starting over.

Well... I would hesitate to make an addin of that sort, since it would mess up towers and such. As far as I know, the reason that all the previous sandboxes DON'T overwrite WOGCorp is because of this, among other, reasons. My gut reaction would be to deny any addin that overrode WOGCorp.

What about Time for Real?

Another Planet finally has an official release! Download chapters 1 through 3 here! Thank you for waiting so long while I kept starting over.

afaik, TFR didn't overwrite WOGCorp. Did it?

Can you name it wogc2?

Any addin that overwrites WoGCorp? That's a bit harsh, what if you just want to change the scenery?

Time for Real not only changed it, they made it into a level! You need to get enough extra Goo Balls on the other levels to make the WoGC one completable, and the more extra Goo, the easier it gets.

But this has some problems: all the other Goo Balls (such as balloons) in the level don't show up, and if any Goo Ball hits the spikes, it permanently drops your extra Goo count by one. If your structure falls, there's no retrying.

Plus, you can't just skip it, since there's no retry/menu button.

Do you mean the original TFR? Because the one on this site, as far as I know, doesn't have that. For a good reason. And no, I don't mean ANY addin, themes are great (I'm even coauthor on one). Once you start adding any geometry to WOGCorp, however, any tower you have will get a cheater badge.

I think it's a good idea, maybe you could make drained gooballs have the spawn attribute set to true and make them static. Make them spawn gooballs that can create strands by themselves (such as my DynamAttach gooball in Stranded).
Finally, to avoid cheating, just move the scene down and add a line at the top that stops going above the y=0 mark! Remove the text labels and you're good to go! Though you should speed up! This is giving me ideas! Evil

Check out my SoundCloud, MomoSoundWaves

Hmm.... All this is making me think... really hard... Puzzled I'll experiment and see If I can get it to work... for not displaying the text couldn't you just change the setting TextEffects to = false?

Moving the scene down makes sense... Smile And i don't have to remove the text labels... besides that might crash the game, I can just move them out of the scene so no one can ever see them! Evil Wink

As for the gooballs, AP do you know what prevents them from appearing?

Maybe I could make multiple versions of the drained gooballs that it could use to allow for all the gooball types?

I'll start experimenting with this interesting idea ASAP! Laughing out loud Big smile

For those wondering, Earth of Goo is still being worked on, but not as often. It will be finished! Check out my website/YouTube www.scarletfury.com !

Albino Pokey wrote:
Time for Real not only changed it, they made it into a level! You need to get enough extra Goo Balls on the other levels to make the WoGC one completable, and the more extra Goo, the easier it gets.

But this has some problems: all the other Goo Balls (such as balloons) in the level don't show up, and if any Goo Ball hits the spikes, it permanently drops your extra Goo count by one. If your structure falls, there's no retrying.

Plus, you can't just skip it, since there's no retry/menu button.

Couldn't you just hit the triangle reset button? Then you could start over! Unless they removed that too... Puzzled

I think I'll make my own sandbox...

The button's there, but the total literally decreases. As in, that Goo Ball has no longer been collected in some level or other. And you can't get it back by playing the level again--you need to get a new ball.

About the balls not appearing: it seems that the game doesn't even read BallInstances from the XML file. It completely skips over them. So unless you change the Drained or DrainedIsh ball, it appears to be impossible.

When I tested playing with goo spawners, the game crashed!

Either cheat-prevention, or it's just incompatible with the .exe's code. Either way, that sucks.

Yup, sure does!

Darn... Did you try modding the drained balls to spawners? If that won't work then I'm stuck making a sandbox like a level... meep!

Sad Angry

We could attempt to get the old cotm code working...

What's that?

cotm = Center Of The Moon. It was apparently a type of WoGCorp level for the unreleased Moon Of Goo chapter.

Ok! Please try, because I don't know how! Smile Wink

Ah, yeah y=0 line would work. I stand corrected, then. I'd approve any level that works and has a y=0 line. That'd be fine. Good luck in figuring stuff out, guys!

I've tried messing around with it a bit, cloning wogc into cotm, and using commands like "unlockcotm", but nothing has worked yet.

i just have a great idea

set the autobounds to false in wogc than we can see very far up
its not rely messing with the wogc

All my addin | I love you World of Goo!