Releasing Another Planet

11 replies [Last post]

Hello everyone,

I know I haven't posted any information on this project in a LONG time, and it's sort of stagnated. But I had a big flash of inspiration, and I'm working on making levels for it again.

But the level progression isn't going to be linear at all - you can play the final cutscene level of a world after beating only two levels if you like, but each level is only unlocked after you've mastered the concepts of it, in other islands if need be - so it will take a while for c3 to have enough levels to be release-worthy.

Which brings me to the question: would you prefer to play the finished product, or the levels one by one as I make them? With WooGLE's "goomod" button it isn't hard to show you the levels as they're added, but it sort of spoils the surprise.

Another Planet finally has an official release! Download chapters 1 through 3 here! Thank you for waiting so long while I kept starting over.

Chapter together obviously - cause if you do levels one by one it will not be interesting as you mentioned before and some levels may be so stupid that they couldn't be published by themselves and if you just keep publishing your levels, and other mods keep on unpublishing them, it will make a big chaos on goofans, you know what I mean...

anyway I wanted to get your e-mail, so if you haven't already told that to me in the topic I asked you, please answer, ok cause I need you to put my MWV, chapter/s and levels together as I'm now working on Wiki world Chapter one. I've already done 4 levels of it but for first 3 I'll have to make a "Little" changes

I'd personally prefer to wait for the final product, playing levels one by one would, as you say, spoil the surprise. It would also make the actual finished addin less interesting, since you've already played the levels.

Okay, great. I just wanted to make sure you agreed on this. The rest of the levels will be secret until the whole chapter's done, but I'm not going to make you wait for all five chapters to be finished.

EDIT: Just a few concepts that I'm using in these levels:

• Negative dampening factors
  • Rotational dampening factors
  • Ancient Pokeys + contacts="false"
  • Autoattach, multiple strands, non-draggable
  • Thrusters!

Not all in one level, but all in two. Wink

Another Planet finally has an official release! Download chapters 1 through 3 here! Thank you for waiting so long while I kept starting over.

Sounds awesome. And I'd definitely say to wait until the chapter is done, too. It would sort of defeat the purpose otherwise.

that sounds interesting!

All my addin | I love you World of Goo!

Sounds great. Looking forward to it. Wink

Mygod wrote:

A wink, so your not looking forward to it then Wink

I agree with everyone else, wait till its finished.

And by the way - Beta versions would just put more Mgs in the website which would make the beta version a Spam after the final version is out. It's all so typical, isn't it? AP just make the full chapter - there is no need of making beta.

Peter B wrote:
Mygod wrote:

A wink, so your not looking forward to it then Wink

I agree with everyone else, wait till its finished.

Oh? Then what about this? Smile
Anyway I'm really looking forward to it.

Nope, still not good enough, try these- Sexy Love
Laughing out loud

Okay. Sexy Love