Flower bug and throwing technique in WoGC

19 replies [Last post]

I'm not sure, but the tower height in WoG corp seems to be the maximal y coordinate of any ball converted to "meters".
Just make a "tower" fly and it will become higher! Big smile

I used "flower bug" (shaking bug) with result of 10.4 meters (but on my profile it's saved as 3.3, because of limited flight time.)

http://goofans.com/leaderboard/profile/d85d5682b7e9d4c4ed6a39e2616c497c

I guess I'm not the only one trying the shaking bug to get more meters Laughing out loud Yeah, y coordinate of the highest ball is your tower hight.

My Gooish profile | Videos on YouTube | My WOG Mods

Coincidently, I've also been trying that bug the last few days. I had figured out a way in which I thought it should be possible, but required a lot of luck for it to happen.
Well, just now I managed to do it and I've reached a height of 71.114. It did go higher (79) but it’s hard to tell when its reached its peak before falling back down.
I have been recording all my attempts so I do have a vid to prove it if necessary.

Edit: I'm having a problem uploading the profile, when I click on Publish it says:-
Unable to publish your profile: Cant convert profile (result=5)
Any ideas?

Here's the pic of it. http://img829.imageshack.us/img829/3447/71114.png

@Peter: NICE! Smile And I wonder if anybody noticed that scrolling up and down that pic makes it seem like water. Tongue

Quick question:

would it be illegal for a mod to add...ahem...something new...to the World of Goo corporation? (no geometry though)

Another Planet finally has an official release! Download chapters 1 through 3 here! Thank you for waiting so long while I kept starting over.

Like... what? Tongue

You can make a clone of World Of Goo Corp if you want to redesign it a lot. If it's like a mod or something, then please explain. Smile

Like if you get past 100 meters the...graphics change...and...you find...something cool...it's meant to be a surprise. Wink

Since it's IMPOSSIBLE to add Goo Balls to the World of Goo Corporation, and this mod won't add geometry, I was wondering if a level merge would be allowed.

Another Planet finally has an official release! Download chapters 1 through 3 here! Thank you for waiting so long while I kept starting over.

So it changes/adds a picture? I guess that would be acceptable, but I'm not sure. If I was a mod, my thumbs would be up. Tongue

I'll try to get it published then. Smile

MOM
MOM's picture
Addin Author

Wait, why doesn't it show that on the leaderboard?

If a house that weighs 100 pounds (it's a small house) has five birds inside it and the birds start hovering in the house, does the house still weigh 100 pounds?.

This is strange. After going back into WoGC, letting it fall back down, then exiting, I can now upload it. http://goofans.com/leaderboard/profile/a1ea8cf32d2583657894410aa79bc357

I was just wondering... would it be possible to reverse the gravity in WoGCorp, as in making it 0, 10? I mean, this'd be the mother of all WoGCorp cheats, but it's just a thought.

It would be. That's the Second Method of Cheating in the World of Goo Corporation [TM]. The first is adding geometry.

*Second Method of Cheating in the World of Goo Corporation is a registered trademark of World of Goo Corporation, Inc.

MOM
MOM's picture
Addin Author

So are you saying... We could give a new strategey to WOGC?

We could always make stuff like that, but maybe as a seperate download like the unlimited tower of goo.

If a house that weighs 100 pounds (it's a small house) has five birds inside it and the birds start hovering in the house, does the house still weigh 100 pounds?.

I've got an idea! GooFans should have a "Cheating Mods" section, be it modified WoG Corps, or anything else. What d'yous think?

MOM
MOM's picture
Addin Author

Sound good to me!

Laughing out loud

-Excited,
MOM

NO addins that modify World of Goo Corporation of any kind!

My Gooish profile | Videos on YouTube | My WOG Mods

I don't approve of modifying the ORIGINAL WoGC, but I approve of Sandboxes that look like WoGC but don't function equally. Tongue

Well, I mean, of course I don't like it because it's cheating, but it would be nice if people could experiment with WoGC in this way.
If davidc could make a <cheat> tag in the addin.xml of .goomod v1.2, then we could make anybody who installs these mods using GooTool and logs in through it gets the cheater badge. People who just want to check it out for experimental reasons can just install without GooTool. And, anybody who would bother to workaround GooTool simply to cheat could make their own cheat anyway, which they're probably doing already.

I know this is a very shaky fix and and it won't stop cheaters completely, but it's the best I can think of.