PoG addins have to have permission to be uploaded

8 replies [Last post]

How stupid! I need to ask hundreds of times till Davidc allow me to upload my PoG addin. I'm protesting and asking you moderators to make Davidc allow to put in not only goomods but either PoG addins! PoG addins are different to zip folders that you can have zip file with both files PoG.txt and res.txt

You know I got good custom level ideas like this one (Goosweek this is NOT the original level type for you it's just custom level):

.be

Who likes this video or this challenging level please protest and comment in forum or register on youtube and comment please.

If you want this level to be uploaded then protest please!

What is there to protest? The point is that you're only allowed to upload safe files. You can't put a virus on the site.

Of course, some people make addins that aren't GooMods, so you can ask DavidC to approve it and it'll be published. Simple as that.

Another Planet finally has an official release! Download chapters 1 through 3 here! Thank you for waiting so long while I kept starting over.

Or you can just upload it to another site. Tongue

OMG don't you still understood - goomods can actually either have viruses but internet or bots are finding out either the goomod is a real goomod or there is something else in it. The same thing could be with PoG addins either it should have [addin name].PoG.txt and [addin name].res.txt

If you need images you should have override folder and compile forlder. Hey that may work! Looking up to goomods we can make pogmods only it's a zipped folder as if Goosweek doesn't change it. I should encourage him to make pogmods through editors and then tell Davidc to be able to upload goomods AND pogmods without being able to put in any viruses or spams. Simple as it.

About what I just said and missed out there would be much harder system as to make pogmods as chapters and all that... But it may work it I find out how. And by the way this is not wogfans but goofans so there is no point for me to make pogfans as if I will be able to encourage Goosweek to make pogmods and Davidc to others be able to upload pogmods on goofans. Only I will need you guys to help me. I'll tell Goosweek about this forum page so he can read out. At the last time he is looking quite busy... Probably working on PoG's latest version...

Well, I haven't seen Goosweek in ages, so I'm unsure if he'll make pogmods. Also, he might not be as good with coding as DavidC, so he might not be able to make a "PoGTool" or whatever to install goomods.

Furthermore, DavidC is busy, and there are numerous more issues that should be addressed when he has the time. When he has the time, and Goosweek appears, this may happen, but I wouldn't count on it any time soon.

Oh, and moved the thread.

And GooMods are pretty much safe, since they don't actually execute any code. Pretty much all they do is merge and edit XML. I don't know if that could become a virus in any way.

By the way, the name Goofans refers to World of Goo. The fact that it isn't "wogfans" doesn't mean anything. Wogfans is actually a separate site, which I think came first, based on sharing videos of the best times/scores on different levels.

Another Planet finally has an official release! Download chapters 1 through 3 here! Thank you for waiting so long while I kept starting over.

It's most virtually impossible for a virus to be in a .goomod, as the only way I could think of would be to exploit a security hole in World of Goo or GooTool, and as far as I know, both of them are fairly secure programs. Aside from that, you could probably overwrite the main executable in a .goomod and replace it with a virus, but it'd be fairly obvious.

Well, of course. And a moderator would have to test it and find out it's a virus.

A really smart virus would install, crash the computer, then publish itself. Tongue

Actually, I take that back. You can't overwrite WorldOfGoo.exe or place any files in that directory, since GooTool prohibits it. So a virus-filled .goomod is pretty much impossible. You can always put a virus .exe somewhere in the .goomod, but the chances of anybody launching it would be nil, since anybody who knows enough about goomodding to even see it would know enough to not run it.