Not working

27 replies [Last post]

There is a problem with my game. Every time I open it for the first time, it works just fine. But when I try to open it again, it crashes, and I have to redownload it. It saves my levels, but it is annoying. Any suggestions?

Yamaco! - Every Gooball ever
Computer! Y U get virus?

Hm. I assume you have no mods or new levels active? What operating system are you using?

Also, could you post the contents of the error.log file from the folder you installed into?

Another Planet finally has an official release! Download chapters 1 through 3 here! Thank you for waiting so long while I kept starting over.

Yeah. I have no mods, or custom levels installed. Im using Windows 7, and when I was using the demo nothing went wrong Tongue

Computer! Y U get virus?

64-bit or 32-bit system? I've never seen this error before with vanilla install, but it happened once in Another Planet.

Another Planet finally has an official release! Download chapters 1 through 3 here! Thank you for waiting so long while I kept starting over.

64-bit system

Computer! Y U get virus?

Okay. So could you show us the contents of the file C:\Program Files (x86)\WorldOfGoo\error.log? That might say what the problem is.

Wait...where did you get it from? It'll be where I said if it's from 2DBoy.com, but in a different place if it's from a third-party site such as Steam.

I got it directly from 2Dboy.com I can't find error.log though. Ill keep looking

Computer! Y U get virus?

Yeah, I looked up error.log in run, couldn't find anything, maually searched from the start search, no error.log. It makes no sense!

Computer! Y U get virus?

The only thing that comes up when this happens is a black screen, then it says "Worldofgoo.exe has stopped working. Windows is looking for a solution to the problem"

Computer! Y U get virus?

there is an edit button on the bottom of your post Wink
sorry about your game Thenoobtester. Sad

-_-

I cant believe I haven't thought of this yet. I will restart my computer!
XD

Computer! Y U get virus?

Not working still D:

Computer! Y U get virus?

Okay, then it might be a strange version. Have you tried running in compatibility mode?

Nah. I'll try that out though Laughing out loud
EDIT: Not working, but now I am getting an error.log. Getting somewhere
Here are the contents of the error.log

Exception: Access Violation (code 0xc0000005) at address 00460CA9 in thread 15EC

Module: WorldOfGoo.exe

Logical Address: 0001:0005FCA9

0018FCEC 00460CA9 0001:0005FCA9 WorldOfGoo.exe

Params: 65756E69 7475625F 006E6F74 0000000F

StackWalk failed (error 299)

EAX:00000000 EBX:0018FCEC ECX:0018FCEC EDX:00000003 ESI:0D99BD74 EDI:0D946BD8

EIP:00460CA9 ESP:0018FC70 EBP:0018FCEC

CS:0023 SS:002B DS:002B ES:002B FS:0053 GS:002B

Flags:00010206

Windows Ver: NT 6.1 Service Pack 1 Build 7601

DDraw Ver: 6.1.7600.16385

DSound Ver: 6.1.7600.16385

Product: Product

Version:

Time Loaded: 00:05:12

Fullscreen: No

Primary ThreadId: 15EC

Computer! Y U get virus?

hello thenoobtester!

I'm not good at solving error
you have to ask the moderator

All my addin | I love you World of Goo!

OK
thanks for the help Laughing out loud

Computer! Y U get virus?

Something must be wrong, then, in properties/text.xml.bin, properties/resource.xml.bin, res/fonts/something, res/levels/MapWorldView/something, or res/balls/Distant/something. But if you don't have a clean copy, the only thing I can recommend is to decrypt each one of those bin files in WogFile or GooTool and see if any of them turn into gibberish. Sorry.

Actually, I just got something. Whenever I try to use gootool, it crashes because it says something about config.txt being corrupted. Maybe if I could download a replica of the contents in config.txt, it would start working
and also, in your properties, is there a file called config.txt.old?
this is me when i am desperate

Computer! Y U get virus?

Sure! Here is my version. If necessary, delete config.txt, make a new one on your desktop, nd copy it in.

<!-- IMPORTANT WARNING: If you edit this file, your computer will probably explode. Your friend, the High Resolution Sign Painter -->
<config>

<param name="language" value="en"/>
	<param name="screen_width" value="800"/>
	<param name="screen_height" value="600"/>
	<param name="refreshrate" value="60" />
	<param name="ui_inset" value="10"/>

</config>

Not working still. I am going to go back and look up other fixes that work for other people, and see if any of those help. If not, I will see if the gibberish thing happens. BRB

Computer! Y U get virus?

config.txt.old is there for everyone. I'm not 100% sure, but I think that it's the config.txt that was used before the 1.3 patch.

By the way, AP's config.txt doesn't look the same as mine, it's missing the XML header. Try this:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="no"?><!-- IMPORTANT WARNING: If you edit this file, your computer will probably explode. Your friend, the High Resolution Sign Painter --><config>

<param name="language" value="en"/>
	<param name="screen_width" value="1280"/>
	<param name="screen_height" value="720"/>
	<param name="refreshrate" value="60"/>
	<param name="ui_inset" value="10"/>

</config>

YES! THANK YOU SO MUCH
I literally cannot stop saying yes
yesyesyesyesyes
YES!
EDIT: It reset my profile. I really dont care
YESYESYESYES

Computer! Y U get virus?

Awesome! Congratulations!

Now that I look at it, I'm not sure how mine is working without that header. Aren't all valid XML files supposed to have that?

Dunno. config.txt.old doesn't have the header, so I'm assuming that it would work for a WoG that doesn't have the patch installed, but obviously you do have it installed. Have you tried adding the header to see if it has an effect?

It seems not to. Windows 7 x64, pre-patched from 2DBoy.com.

Strange, I've got the same version of Windows, the only difference is that it's on my external HDD, and that I originally installed it on there on a Windows XP PC, but that shouldn't make a difference. The only thing I can think of is that the pre-patched version is slightly different from the external 1.3 patch.

The 1.3 patch fixes many compatibility issues.