洞窟物語3D

58 replies [Last post]

Anybody get it? If not, I'll tell you my opinion...

It's pretty much the original game, but with a few things changed:

-Max HP is a lot higher. So there are a LOT more chances to raise your max HP. I have 41 and I'm not even in the Labyrinth yet!
-Maps are slightly longer. There's a little more content per-level, mainly to allow for more 3-dimensional depth and models. For instance, in Mimiga Village, there are lampposts, flowers, rivers, etc. I suggest looking it up on Youtube. The graphics are amazing.
-Graphics completely changed. EVERY graphic from player models to stage props has become a 3D model. If I had to say something bad about the port, I would say the amount of models was a bit extreme, but the stages themselves actually remind me of caves.

洞窟物語? Whazzat?

*notices the words "Mimiga Village", remembers Part 1 of a Let's Play I saw from a friend*

Oh! Cave Story! Still gotta play that.

You should. It's a great game. Wink

http://cavestory.org/

I know how to use Google, y'know Wink

Anyway, I'm just waiting until I start of running out of games to play. I've got so many choices that I haven't even installed my Crysis: Maximum Edition I got for my last birthday Tongue

More than half of my Steam library was never played. Tongue

There aren't actually many YouTube videos that I saw. But what I did see looked cool. Too bad the port is only for DS. The only gaming console I have is a GameBoy color. Tongue PC ftw.

DS? Dude. 3DS. ;P

RedTheGreen wrote:
More than half of my Steam library was never played. Tongue

Good to know I'm not solitary in this horrendous conundrum.

i've only downloaded a quarter of it, and played half of that. And only a quarter of THAT is what i play more than once.
haven't played any of it in a while since my hardrive broke. this is my new computer.

-_-

Recently I've been doing more Minecraft than anything. I'm back into Survival. James, Joris, and another friend of mine all play Minecraft with me on my server.

my minecraft is working now.

-_-

All I'm doing is practically spamming sentries and teleporters on TF2.

I really need to play other things though, something finishable. I'm almost done with Far Cry 2, but it's just so boring.

puggsoy wrote:
I really need to play other things though, something finishable.

BASTION!

Now THERE's a game that I need to finish myself. Tongue

But yes, I think everyone is afflicted with the too-many-Steam-games disease. I bought every Humble Bundle and both Indie Royales so far, and I have barely played most of them. The ones I have played I played on Linux, so I don't even have them installed on my Windows comp in Steam. I have finished Portal 1 and 2, though.

Also, I forgot that there was such a thing as a 3DS. my mistake. I'm terrible with consoles. Hadn't even heard of the PSP until I heard Aquaria had been ported to it.

What rock are you living under, MOM? Everybody's heard of the PSP.

It's probably like that thing where you can't tell the difference between Fallout 3 and New Vegas.

Nope. Not like that at all. I didn't know the difference between Fallout 3 and New Vegas, but I consider myself to be well-learned in gaming.

i still haven't finished super mario.
curse you world1-1!!!

-_-

What's Super Mario?

Tongue
Haha, kidding. Sort of. I've only ever played a bit of Yoshi's Island GBA a few years back. I just dislike consoles and don't bother keeping up with them. Take some advice from Sherlock Holmes and fill your mind-attic carefully. And the Earth goes around the Moon.

Also, that was a while ago that Aquaria was ported, and I've only ever seen one PSP in existence (a couple weeks ago), so it's not a terribly common console. /bigfatovergeneralization

Actually MOM, that's ridiculous. PSPs are everywhere. Nearly everyone owns or has owned one. I haven't, but my friend's family has owned 3 separate ones. (the baby girl keeps dropping them)

lol, I remember a while back, the littlest child of a family's friend's family, a 7/8 years old kid, was playing GTA III (can't remember which exactly) on a PSP. He was like "check this out, I just blew up a bus full of people!"

Kids should run around outside while it still entertains them.

As I said, I've only ever seen one PSP in existence. Not my fault if I'd never heard of it.

Also, as puggsoy said, outside = better than video games.

What does outside mean?

You know! Here, I'll explain:

Outside
Digital trees
8-bit sun
Download some pretty mountains
Avoid being bit by virusquitoes
Catch some data on your tongue
Look over there! There's a green screen!
being outside is fun in a digital world.

Recognize outside now? Tongue

-_-

The first 4 made me think of Minecraft, so yes, I recognize it now. Tongue Thanks.

back on topic.... (sort of)
i can only see "Square square square square 3d" on my laptop, but can see the origanal text oon the iphone.

-_-

Red used Japanese characters, which I believe should be supported in Unicode.

The font your laptop is using might not have complete unicode support.

Another Planet finally has an official release! Download chapters 1 through 3 here! Thank you for waiting so long while I kept starting over.

No wonder I saw a page on wiki that had all squarEs.

-_-

Check your system's fonts folder. Windows 7 comes with a very complete folder. Same with Vista.

Ok. I will when I get home.

-_-

Back on topic, CaveStory+ on Steam: http://store.steampowered.com/app/200900/

Whatcha think?

I discovered it yesterday by accident. It came out yesterday as well, which was lucky for me. I notified the Cave Story Facebook group and five or so members purchased it right away. Laughing out loud I GOT MORE PURCHASES FOR NICALIS!

I am REALLY interested. It's on sale, too, which is cool. And wow, 75 achievements. New areas. Larger than the 3D version. Plus updates.

Feels kinda similar to me. They changed some stuff in the translation than the fan Linux version I played; I kinda liked the other translation better. This one is more Englishy I guess. Only thing I intensely dislike about the translation is that Balrog doesn't say "Huzzah" anymore. Sad And the Bubbler is called "Bubbline" or something like that. And I'm not sure if it's a glitch or something, but WHAI THE FLIP IS QUOTE'S HAT YELLOW?!

Anyway, it is really cool, though. The artwork is similar enough to not be noticeably "different", but is quite a bit higher-res, which is cool. I like it a lot so far.