Red's rainy day

57 replies [Last post]

Hey guys. I wrote this in reply to Red's post on this thread:

RedTheGreen wrote:
My old email works as well. It's in their white-list, but I think I'll save that opportunity for a rainy day.

I couldn't resist writing it, but then I realised that it was too off-topic for a moderator to write outside of Pictures of your Cat. So I wrote it here.

Feel free to derail the topic to your liking. Think of it as a "Random Stories You Made Up" thread.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It's a rainy day. Red logs into his email.

Red: "I'm bored."

Red hesitantly creates a new message. He slowly types in 2DBoy's email.

Red gulps. Then he types.

"HEYRONANDKYLEHOWSITGOINGYOUGUYSEATINGCHIPSANDTACOSANDSTUFFANDDRINKINGCOKEANDST
UFFANDAREYOUMAKINGLITTLEINFERNOORWHATCOMEONWITHITALREADYANDPLEASEMAKEA150PATCHW
EREALLYNEEDTOBEABLETOMAKEMORECHAPTERSTHANKSABILLIONGUYSRED"

Red rapidly hits send. He waits for 30 seconds, then realises that he didn't include any punctuation, spaces, or formatting of any kind. And that caps lock was stuck.

The end Tongue

red wrote:
HEY RON AND KYLE HOWS IT GOING YOU GUYS EATING CHIPS AND TACOS AND STUFF AND DRINKING COKE AND STUFF AND ARE YOU MAKING LITTLE INFERNO OR WHAT COME ON WITH IT ALREADY AND PLEASE MAKE A 150 PATCH WERE ALL NEED TO BE ABLE TO MAKE MORE CHAPTERS THANKS A BILLION GUYS RED

Then red gets a reply.
from 2dboy

"PLEASE VISIT THE DOCTOR AND PLEASE LEAVE US ALONE TO NOT MAKE LITTLE INFERNO AND EAT OUR TACOS"
-2DBOY

Naw, they would be so glad Red knows that they're too busy eating tacos to do anything. They thank him for understanding and send him some tacos.

Or maybe they're friends with a certain mayor in Connecticut...

LOL! Smile

Their response: "The address ron@2dboy.com could not be resolved. - Mailer Daemon"

Another Planet finally has an official release! Download chapters 1 through 3 here! Thank you for waiting so long while I kept starting over.

Tongue These are all fun and dandy. I was really thinking if one of you wrote a legitimate letter asking for more chapter functionality, I would send it.

Unless someone beats me to it, I'll probably write one tomorrow.

please do!

Check out my SoundCloud, MomoSoundWaves

Chapters?

I made goomods.

Basically being able to add chapers to map world view which is currently impossible.

yeah!
do it!

Since the islands are hardcoded, they could add a file called "islands.xml.bin" in the /properties/ folder and have that declare them. For example,

<islands>
        <island id="island1" />
</islands>

Now that island would be activated by onclick="island1" and use the file /res/islands/island1.xml.bin as its manifest. Everything ellse is declared in island1.xml.bin and the MapWorldView button.

Another Planet finally has an official release! Download chapters 1 through 3 here! Thank you for waiting so long while I kept starting over.

Who?

I made goomods.

@AP: Fantastic idea. I'll include that in the email, which will hopefully be done before the end of the day.

Couldn't attempt a dll injection?

I'll email him Evil

I made goomods.

puggsoy will email them
you stay still and don't do anything

He can try...

But it'll probably bounce.

dan250 wrote:
puggsoy will email them

Correction: I will write the email, Red will do the actual mailing.

Getting onto it in 3... 2... 1... NOW!

EDIT: Done, and sent it to Red.

Alright, I modified the ending to make it:

Yours truly,
Red and Puggsoy

And sent. Smile

"The email" wrote:
Dear 2DBoy,

As you already know, the members at GooFans really enjoy and appreciate just how moddable World Of Goo is. It's clear to see how much fun and customizability there is to add to the game, and I hope you'll agree that it's added a lot to an already fantastic game.

There has, however, been one slight limitation. Although chapters are easily editable, and have been modified multiple times, we haven't managed to find a way of adding any extra chapters to the game. We even discovered numerous hints to an unreleased sixth chapter, "Moon of Goo", but despite our greatest efforts, no method has been discovered that would enable it, or any additional chapters, to appear in the game.

Therefore, we would like to request a new patch for World Of Goo which allows such chapter to be added. One member, Albino Pokey, even had a suggestion on how this could be achieved:

Since the islands are hard-coded, they could add a file called "islands.xml.bin" in the /properties/ folder and have that declare them. For example,

<islands>
            <island id="island1" />
    </islands>

Now that island would be activated by onclick="island1" and use the file /res/islands/island1.xml.bin as its manifest. Everything else is declared in island1.xml.bin and the MapWorldView button.

In any case, we would be delighted if you were to consider this. Although this is not completely necessary for any current projects or mods we are making, it would be a very cool and interesting feature, and I'm sure it would greatly expand our horizons in modding World Of Goo.

Yours truly,
Red and Puggsoy

*extreme finger crossing*

Looks great. I only see one typo: the use of the third person pronoun in the fourth paragraph.

Let's hope they add this feature!

I've already sent him something Evil

I made goomods.

But remember the whitelist!

Gooeygoo: yeah right

Now all of us, wait in peace

No,I'm not joking

I made goomods.

I know you aren't. But the whitelist means that it probably won't get through. It will just bounce off.

Red's one of the few people who is able to break through the whitelist and get the message to them.

Wha---how!?

I made goomods.

He conversed with 2D Boy before the filter was activated, so it trusts him.

What typo are you talking about?

By the way, Red, my email had some slight quote formatting (in the form of an indent) when I sent it to you. It probably won't show up here, but did that remain when you sent it to them?

The formatting wasn't changed.