paradoxes/ weird concepts/ stuff that makes you think

48 replies [Last post]

So no on got the lol? nevermind... I wanna invent time travel... and since time is just the 4th dimension... then all I need to do is crack travelling to other dimensions!

... I think... Tongue

Oops... My mouse double clicked and posted twice... Tongue

Technically the following statement is the simplest (yet most ironic) paradox I just came up with:

This paradox is a paradox!

Laughing out loud

For those wondering, Earth of Goo is still being worked on, but not as often. It will be finished! Check out my website/YouTube www.scarletfury.com !

>and since time is just the 4th dimension...
lol! Nope, the fourth dimension is the fourth dimension. Time isn't a dimension. Tongue

puggsoy wrote:
That was the "new" Sherlock anyway.

Huh? That was quite literally A Study In Scarlet, the first book written by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle.

As for time travel, I meant backwards specifically. To go forwards, you'd just have to go close to a black hole... and somehow come back out alive. Tongue

I don't know how you would be able to control how far forward you'd go. I guess it's just a matter of being too lazy to do the math. Tongue

MOM4Evr wrote:
puggsoy wrote:
That was the "new" Sherlock anyway.

Huh? That was quite literally A Study In Scarlet, the first book written by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle.

facepalm.jpg

Sorry, haven't read any of the novels yet, so I obviously shouldn't be stating what he has and hasn't quoted. I still don't like the quote though.

By the way, about all this time travel discussion: I suppose Red and AP are right. To be honest I was just making an argument for the sake of it, it's a sort of hobby of mine, both on the net and in real life. I like to try and see if I can find faults in peoples' statements, and prove (or at least theorise) against them.

Anyway, I wasn't saying you guys were wrong or anything, I actually agree with you among most, if not all, points. But you have to admit I made for some pretty interesting discussion, right?

Gooballs Of Fire wrote:
So no on got the lol? nevermind... I wanna invent time travel... and since time is just the 4th dimension... then all I need to do is crack travelling to other dimensions!

... I think... Tongue

Oops... My mouse double clicked and posted twice... Tongue

Technically the following statement is the simplest (yet most ironic) paradox I just came up with:

This paradox is a paradox!

Laughing out loud

Actually you'd have to write:
This paradox isn't a paradox!

-_-

My master paradox plan has failed http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/690/photo32u.jpg/ Laughing out loud!

I made goomods.

puggsoy wrote:
Sorry, haven't read any of the novels yet, so I obviously shouldn't be stating what he has and hasn't quoted. I still don't like the quote though.

Ah, ok. No problem. I kinda ripped it out of context here, too. It makes more sense in context. Tongue

But admittedly, it does contradict some of Sherlock's random knowledge of almost everything in later books.

Books?
The power of books you are talking about?

I made goomods.

MOM4Evr wrote:
But admittedly, it does contradict some of Sherlock's random knowledge of almost everything in later books.

Yeah, that's kind of what I meant. Also, in the same episode that he said it of the new series (have you seen that, btw?), something about a nebula that he accidentally heard actually helped him solve the case.

No, I haven't seen any of the new series. I really need to, though. I've heard they're really good.

They're pretty nice, my sister's obsessed with it. I personally prefer the old Sherlock's personality though. Still, it's really interesting how they've incorporated him into the modern world.

[quote=gooey goo]My master paradox plan has failed http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/690/photo32u.jpg/ Laughing out loud![/quote]

I tried that a while ago with an HD video camera.

Another Planet finally has an official release! Download chapters 1 through 3 here! Thank you for waiting so long while I kept starting over.

My bro did that with our HD video camera too. However, instead of doing it with the TV, he flipped the camera's display so that it faced a mirror, and filmed that. A lot of blue ensued Tongue

also, when you turn one of those real-time projectors that shine on that big white screen and point it at the screen?

speaking of that effect, i made an infinity mirror. i will post a pic of it when i get all the images off my camera.

-_-

I only have one cam now that my I touch is broken

I made goomods.

So puggsoy, it was more along the lines of wanting to explain what was wrong with your argument. Your argument was completely logical, but due to already defined laws, it couldn't have made sense in a practical way. It's as simple as "You can't just create a paradox, they can't happen. It would never happen, even if you tried, because that's what they aren't. They aren't something you can control." You can't just go and try to ignore that, or you'd be creating a paradox, which can't happen in currently defined circumstances.

AP, using full HTML mode gets rid of the Goofans codes, like "quote"

Pokeyedit: commented. Gooey, PLEASE do not make posts longer than the page by copying and pasting a single quote.

I made goomods.