Idea about Spam

625 replies [Last post]

I was thinking about TM13's old idea, that there could be "sub-moderators" on the site. I know I as well as several other people always see spam, and don't know what to do about it. Maybe "sub-mods" could flag other users as spammers, which simply makes all their forum posts invisible. The flag could then be seen by a real moderator, who could delete or unblock it. What do you think?

Another Planet finally has an official release! Download chapters 1 through 3 here! Thank you for waiting so long while I kept starting over.

All spam has been deleted, don't worry Smile

My Gooish profile | Videos on YouTube | My WOG Mods

I just thought if there were twice as many people removing spam, it would get deleted twice as quickly. No one's on the site 24 hours a day, as far as I know. Smile

Another Planet finally has an official release! Download chapters 1 through 3 here! Thank you for waiting so long while I kept starting over.

I'm on nearly every day.
And when i find spam i just tell davidc.

get my first theme here:
http://goofans.com/download/theme/ivygreen
it is called ivygreen
"SAVE THE WHALES
COLLECT THE WHOLE SET!"

I think there's moderators online pretty much all the time. There definitely aren't gaps of much more than a couple hours. For example, Daft, James AND I are on as I'm typing this. Although "spam reporter" users or "sub-mod" users is a really good idea if there's a lot of spam, I think we have it under control right now. This being said, if you see spam, please hop on webchat and tell us, as bubblefish4 said. ^^

I prove his pont by responding to said message. Smile

Bubblefish4 as the correct Idea. You can just pop in the IRC and tell us if you see any suspicious activity among the news users. (Actually, it's also a good place to ask a quick question, if it hasn't been answered already in the forums.) Sub-mods are not needed at the moment, but if we need them, we'll let the public know. Wink

(Spammers and spammer related products do not count towards the public because they are somewhat non-existant Internet robots who plan to destroy the world with lasers... Sounds like the ultimate troll!)

WAIT I HAZ AN IDEAZ!
What about a spam bot destroyer bot, just needs a better name.
Or in other words a spam destroyer!
(bot)
but might may grow goo smart and destroy goofans!

get my first theme here:
it is called ivygreen
"SAVE THE WHALES
COLLECT THE WHOLE SET!"

Hey bubblefish,

Here's a name:

MOM's SON

(S)pam (O)bliterating (N)arc

How much did I spam?

@THIT the trick is not spamming!
@Howitz lol! good name!

get my first theme here:
it is called ivygreen
"SAVE THE WHALES
COLLECT THE WHOLE SET!"

bubblefish4 wrote:
@THIT the trick is not spamming!
@Howitz lol! good name!

I know....Did I spam?

i don't know did you?

get my first theme here:
it is called ivygreen
"SAVE THE WHALES
COLLECT THE WHOLE SET!"

@THIT:
I believe the spam they refer to are adds and junk created by trolling bots just looking for a good place to drop their advertisements.
I honestly don't think you're a spammer anyways, because a spammer that's not a bot (most of the time) posts useless posts as often as they can, wherever they can.
Oh and a spammer also eats a lot of Spam, but that has nothing to do with forums, unless it's a forum for Spam eaters, which this is not!

Howitz wrote:
Hey bubblefish,

Here's a name:

MOM's SON

(S)pam (O)bliterating (N)arc

bubblefish4 wrote:

@Howitz lol! good name!

I totally agree!
Cool

**sings** "Here I Goo again on my own. Gooing down the only road I've ever known."

Ooh, this spammer has such awful grammar that after megabanning him, I decided to bring his post back, minus the links, for everybody to laugh at. Enjoy! Laughing out loud

Quote:

sweaters for women who are adored with the absolute egg-shaped shaped face, can advertise any blazon of the vintage earrings. However, the simple studs would add breeding to persona by highlighting their audacity bones. These tips will advice women in award the absolute earrings for themselves in any division and to buy the the cheap brooches for dresses

cufflink is small,but it has lots of styles,in accession to the acceptable annular and square,there are baptize droplets,thread,Chinese knots and added shapes,patterns are aswell accept accept buy bell bottoms accept totems,flags,steering wheel,fruit,cartoons,zodiac and afterlife and added kinds.Elegant style,a antic and so on,there are so uninhibited,so abundant ability with cufflinks: 1.to dress according to the

cufflink is small,but it has lots of styles,in accession to the acceptable annular and square,there are baptize droplets,thread,Chinese knots and added shapes,patterns are aswell accept accept cheap one shoulder dresses accept totems,flags,steering wheel,fruit,cartoons,zodiac and afterlife and added kinds.Elegant style,a antic and so on,there are so uninhibited,so abundant ability with cufflinks: 1.to dress according to the (random link)

So dresses, earrings, steering wheels, ear bones, and the afterlife are all related! They all happen to be uninhabited. Who knew? THIS HAS GLOBAL CONSEQUENCES! Shock

For the sake of this spammer, I almost wish I was making this up. But no, he/she/it was really this much of a moron. And repeated itself twice. And repeated itself twice.

Totally made my day. Smile

GooFans is a nice place for soda, cucumbers, The nether, and that guy from "Rush Hour 2". These holiday springs, the turtles are whispering the waffles gargling GooFans while wearing GooFans style handbags. Ugg boots for sale! Whoever wants them, send us your GooFans .

GooFans is a nice place for soda, cucumbers, The nether, and that guy from "Rush Hour 2". These holiday springs, the turtles are whispering the waffles gargling GooFans while wearing GooFans style handbags. Ugg boots for sale! Whoever wants them, send us your GooFans .

Smile Spammers need to get a life and a dictionary.

do you like fans at fans ware house we have so many fans we accidentally sucked up a cat and after made a coats so we have a special half price on coats now!
thats how stupid spam bots can be.

get my first theme here:
it is called ivygreen
"SAVE THE WHALES
COLLECT THE WHOLE SET!"

I think I'll see if my random word generator can do better than that one. Smile By the way, what was the spambot's username?

I think it was "Ilovego", which is actually a pretty intelligent name (Just with one letter missing). How can a spammer be so smart with a name and totally botch basic English is beyond me. Tongue

Okay...the random word generator says...

The domestic view rails Goo above a score praise. Goo targets a peasant over the supplier. The Last of the Goo Balls exercises! Will the practiced wheel despair on top of the cave? The Last of the Goo Balls shies away behind the misery. The derogatory supermarket springs onto The Last of the Goo Balls inside a believer. The Last of the Goo Balls sleeps under Goo. Why can't the halted ozone drag Goo? Another collect narrative wards the inhabited barrier.

Sounds like something a spammer would say, actually. Smile

Actually, maybe even smarter. He did say "The Last of the Goo Balls" a lot, which actually makes sense given this forum. Tongue

I used a generator that lets you put in 2 nouns, and I used "The Last of the Goo Balls" and "Goo".

Ah. Well that explains it. Smile

The real master behind spam is random word generators? I'm not surprised, actually. No matter what they said was always nonsense anyway.

**cracks his knuckles and begins a useless (but funny) post in the most useful way possible, trying hard not to offend anyone but still make this a fun post**

Does ewe suffer from mal-intelegence? Is ewer branecell (or in the case of learned folkes, branecells) slipping a gear or two? Well get botted!
So ewe see my friends, with or without Goo re-lated bots everywhare, and three tyms more bots not re-lated to Goo, ewe have twelve hours until the draganflie drops befour this offer is expired!

**stops a moment to say, "Goo-d grief!" then continues**

So grab ewer re-bot-control as we say "good ridants" to unicorn wings and rane-bow puddles! Aplie ewer bot every day, every weak, every month, every yere! Ewe will bee glad ewe did!

**looks over the rather strange post, nods once, and sends it onto the forum in hopes (someone) isn't really trying to make sense of it**
Cool

**sings** "Here I Goo again on my own. Gooing down the only road I've ever known."

And here's another one!

betty2011 wrote:

sting laboratories, multi-dimensional run-time absurdity test, the waterproof, shockproof, anti-porcelain, and added anti-collision experiments, and some even with “brutal” to call the word.Of course, the the pocket watch antique the alone class test, the following of reliable and authentic in agreement of Swiss watches is not enough, they chase the campaign on the apple
affectation their

Multi-dimensional run-time absurdity test, anyone?

Note to spammers: Research bot AI before you go making yourself look like a moron.

Good Lord I don't truly understand that one!
(I wager even if they DID research bot AI the moron would still come out!)
**sigh**
Stare

"Random Word Generator" wrote:

An adjacent percent camps without the correspondent theme. A disturbing fascist beans the absolute. The nuisance feels the percent award below the dependence. The winding track appears across a sport corn. Before a dreadful algebra worries the size circuit. The brave forest accepts. A hypocritical incompetence entitles the folded ground. Opposite its pitfall washes the frequent client. The project misdirects your dispute. The closest hope stumbles against a situated ice. The knee steams against a managing freeze. The disgusted deadline overcomes under the analyzed vowel. The axis mends! Will a tiresome eyesight fish my pretentious cassette? Her search lurks!

I still think your word generator is smarter and makes more sense, AP. Smile

AP WHAT GENERATOR DO YOU USE IT'S KINDA COOOOOL! Smile

get my first theme here:
it is called ivygreen
"SAVE THE WHALES
COLLECT THE WHOLE SET!"