Idea about Spam

625 replies [Last post]

All from a single spammer, too!

Another Planet finally has an official release! Download chapters 1 through 3 here! Thank you for waiting so long while I kept starting over.

Here's a very smart bit of spam, it even has a pic!

They managed to post a picture? How?!

Another Planet finally has an official release! Download chapters 1 through 3 here! Thank you for waiting so long while I kept starting over.

-_-

We aren't sure if he's a person or a bot, so we're waiting for a response from him before banning.

Albino Pokey wrote:
They managed to post a picture? How?!

No, what I meant was they had a profile pic, avatar, y'know.

OH! lol

I thought the same as AP.

Of course, delete my unessesary posts.
no need of police-spam-not-me-users.

Hey You!
Start the fun and Install the fan made CHAPTER 6: MOON OF GOO

Maybe its one of the mods screwing with us...

CONSPIRACY!

I doubt this is a conspiracy. Tongue

Wait... *thinks* Hol- edited for use of "foul language" - MOM4Evr Wink

Wait, I think I know what's happening...
[MOD EDIT - DELETED]

So if a Moderator edited a post I edited, would that be...

An edit within an edit?

Yes.

That means time will slow down even more, and we have a greater chance of dying.

I know what is happening....
*someone hit go0gle in the head and runs*
(go0gle lay in front of the computer.)

Hey You!
Start the fun and Install the fan made CHAPTER 6: MOON OF GOO

LOTS of spam by someone named "trecks". Please ban.

Yeh. That's what I linked to, btw, in case nobody noticed.

Gah, and immoral spam too. Sorry about that. Sad

This problem is getting worse Stare

solution: i saw this website where to make a user one of the boxes to fill is " spell out the number 3" or another number. we could use questions like that that or to type the word on a jpg to make sure all users are real.

-_-

Or answer a trivia question, like on My Aperture Labs: for example, "What game is this site about?" or "True or false: this game was made by Microsoft." Stuff that the user should know or be able to find on Google if they're a real human.

Or just a captcha. Tongue

I don't like those. They're always hard to read.

Goofans is captcha-protected already to the best of my knowledge. I don't think captchas really work anymore. And I've seen some spammers who get through really intelligent questions.

I don't remember seeing a captcha (or recaptcha) when I signed up. But then again it isn't the most memorable thing ever.

Maybe some questions like what AP said would help. We can think up a bunch of questions that require the user to be human (or extremely intelligent spam), and give a random one every time someone signs up. I think a list of 20-30 questions should do it.

For MyApertureLabs, some of them might require someone to use Google unless they were a huge fan of the game, for example, "Who voiced the Space Core in Portal 2?" Answer: Nolan North.

Should we do ones like that, or ones that they would know if they had played the game?
(For example, a more difficult one would be "True or False: The prototype version of this game was made in one day by the same person who programmed the final game." False, Kyle made the prototype and Ron did the final programming. We could also have a very similar one saying the person who made the levels for the final game, which would make it true.
An easier one would be something like "How many islands are in the ocean on the main menu screen?" Answer: 6.)

yeah, that spam post makes no sense at all.

-_-

http://goofans.com/forum/world-of-goo/mods-and-hacks/2903?page=1

woo! 2nd spam report on the unofficial official forum to report spam!

-_-