Idea about Spam

625 replies [Last post]

I just had to: "word generators" and "random".

[RandomWordGenerator]
Why won't random hum? The wizard cautions an unsupported handful around his damp. A grammar deserves the sunrise fish. How can word generators run outside random? Whatever clear bass staggers into random. Word generators screams against the leaning pool.

Random noses the afternoon cave near the attitude. A disgusted episode antiques random behind a chapel. When will an incentive whistle suit random? Word generators twists a war assistant within the sane viewpoint. Word generators leans against random. Random wages the workable dip.
[/RandomWordGenerator]

LOL! I did a couple more for myself worth a good lol, but I had to place these here for the effect: "Things that make you go 'hmmm'"
Cool

**sings** "Here I Goo again on my own. Gooing down the only road I've ever known."

yea i tried the generator and got this
Can companion cube sneak across aperture? Aperture nests companion cube. Aperture degenerates behind any irate overlap. Aperture files the stereo lesbian inside the integrate schedule. Companion cube pumps a hung skeleton past the thread. With aperture reflects a crystal.
yea it kinda made msense but what does a cube have to do with ********?
Shock

get my first theme here:
http://goofans.com/download/theme/ivygreen
it is called ivygreen
"SAVE THE WHALES
COLLECT THE WHOLE SET!"

Let me guess. You've been playing Portal 2. Wink

Another Planet finally has an official release! Download chapters 1 through 3 here! Thank you for waiting so long while I kept starting over.

no not yet but i want the game sooooooooo!
BADLY!
too bad i'm not so sad to ask people for donations........
oh wait nevermind.
i ould even work for 2 months to buy the game!

get my first theme here:
it is called ivygreen
"SAVE THE WHALES
COLLECT THE WHOLE SET!"

Okay, there's been another outbreak of spam on the site. Most recently, in "Hi Everyone!" and "Hazardous Environment".

I think we need a way to flag it: maybe instead of the earlier suggestion, making a post with the text *spam* flags the one above it, but only if you're a 'trusted user' on the site?

Another Planet finally has an official release! Download chapters 1 through 3 here! Thank you for waiting so long while I kept starting over.

Naw, it's taken care of now. Smile But I don't think having a "flag" option set up for registered users is a good idea, if a spammer logs on and tries to use it. Nope.

I don't mean all registered users, just another 'group'. I know it's easy to do that with Drupal. It would be for people like Taco, Goosweek, et cetera who have contributed to the site but aren't mods.

Albino Pokey wrote:
I don't mean all registered users, just another 'group'. I know it's easy to do that with Drupal. It would be for people like Taco, Goosweek, et cetera who have contributed to the site but aren't mods.

I agree.
Those who have been here a bit and know each other well enough for trust should help each other. Also those of us not fully 'integrated' into the hierarchy of those on the forums, but are responsible enough in your eyes might be of some help, too.
Goo Fans Against SPAM Unite!
Cool

**sings** "Here I Goo again on my own. Gooing down the only road I've ever known."

shoot dat spam laser time oh yeas!!!!!

get my first theme here:
it is called ivygreen
"SAVE THE WHALES
COLLECT THE WHOLE SET!"

Seriously, spam in Goofans? Spam belongs in yahoo news comments and youtube

Another one named SBOY has been posting all over the forums, but seems to mention "goo" a lot. He even created a new forum topic. Puzzled

I think spam bots are getting smarter.

That was some spam attack! 5 spammers in 15 minutes

My Gooish profile | Videos on YouTube | My WOG Mods

Wow! I'm kind of worried. One of the other ones actually made links saying "World of Goo levels" "My new Goo Balls" and so on...to spam sites of course, but still...

whatever they are just going to keep on coming because they are bots

@AP, and everyone else: For the spammer that just came on, you replied to his new forum topic, which actually makes it way harder on moderators to actually delete the spam. I had to manually delete your comment, then megaban him, since I couldn't megaban him directly. Please never reply to spam. Thank you.

Why couldn't you megaban him directly? I thought that deleted replies.

Nope. It won't allow me to delete the node (forum topic) because of the replies, and it won't allow me to remove him because the node is there.

where is the spammer?your forum is free of spammer......

Because we MEGABAN DEM! Laughing out loud

There was one earlier today, actually, but we delete their accounts, block them, and delete all their forum posts as we see them, so you don't have to be bothered by them. Smile

I think it would be kind of interesting if a spammer posted in this forum...

If that happens, we should just get rid of the links and leave it here. It would be kind of cool. Smile

"Hi, I have an idea to stop spam! We all get discount Ugg boots and Spyware! That'll teach em! (btw, give me all your money and back account numbers)"

Yeah, sorry. I would have got them earlier, but I stayed up late playing Minecraft and slept in really late. Tongue

Albino Pokey wrote:
Here are some spam posts:

http://goofans.com/forum/fan-expansion/public-discussion/2536
http://goofans.com/forum/world-of-goo/general-discussion/2537
http://goofans.com/forum/gootool/general-discussion/2538

hmmm

they are deleted Smile

question: what happened to the thing beside your user name that tells if or not if you are on line? i have found it useful to see if someone is on the site or not. if it says, user last seen 2 years ago i know i won't be seeing them ever again.

-_-

You're right! I hadn't noticed that it had disappeared!

Holy **** I have been isolated from technology 4 too long...

anyway, spam isn't a problem.

Maybe because ANYONE used the chat

Hey You!
Start the fun and Install the fan made CHAPTER 6: MOON OF GOO

But lots of people are online but not chatting.

Read my sig. Come on chat when online. Heap big fun.
Besides, you can talk about whatever you want on webchat. Smile