Level Creation Contest #2 - The Void

81 replies [Last post]

The contest construction time is halfway completed. Better start soon!

Yeah, I know. Trying to find the time... Tired

I've got an idea for the Next contest:
Limited scenebounds
50 goo balls (no more, no less)
Theme: ISH

What do you say, RedTheGreen? Smile

Or maybe most complex geometry level, like that beauty running level. forgot what its called or who made it, but if you look at it with woggle, it pretty complex.
also the gotcha level was good, with all sorts of traps and such.
I think we should do that because with these minimal item levels, you can only be so creative.

-_-

The running levels were Goomatz, and other than Gotcha are the most precise and complicated I have ever seen! With the possible exception of all the finicky hinges and such in Observatory Observation Station.

Another Planet finally has an official release! Download chapters 1 through 3 here! Thank you for waiting so long while I kept starting over.

You know, I'm pretty low on cash actually. I guess I'll offer the prizes to the winners as well as buy the Half-Life series on Steam.

Or a contest which is custom
Custom images
Custom pipes
Custom goo balls
Custom everything

I don't think so. I'll decide on the next contest later. It won't happen for a few months.

Agree for custom everything , custom particles...
The community need more levels like this, but of course it takes time if you make your entire level from scratch.

Beginner visual artist

Indeed. I think that if we were to have a contest like that, we should have 2 months to do it.

3 DAYS LEFT

I should probably publish the levels in the queue, then, huh? Tongue

Sorry...

AAAH! AAAH! ONLY 3 DAYS?!? AAAH!

Gotta finish it today, tomorrow max...

EDIT: Finished! Now it's waiting to be published.

@ dan250: see you added a song

-_-

Mine's awaiting publication now too. I think mine will be the only one which there can never be a single strand in the level. Smile

Another Planet finally has an official release! Download chapters 1 through 3 here! Thank you for waiting so long while I kept starting over.

Kirdneh:
That's not the song.
It's just a little conversation.
2 people talking about me.
The song failed
This is the song:

The wonderful things about dan250 is...
dan250 is a wonderful thing
Their corporation is open
Their levels are rea'y challenging
Their bouncy trouncy flouncy pouncy
Full of fun, fun, fun (levels)
The wonderful things about dan250 is
Cos I'm the only one
I'm the only one

Like it? Smile

The deadline is postponed until Saturday, the 22nd, because that day is more convenient for me than yesterday.

Sounds reasonable. Tongue

Because my time machine rather conveniently broke last week.

I hate it when they do that, don't you? Messes up my schedule so much whenever mine breaks.

Cool, now I have a small chance to finish my level in time. But I don't think I'll get it done. I don't have a lot of time these days.
But anyway I'll keep on working on it.

Good! Get it done! How many entries do we have, by the way?

Uh, so far as I can tell, 3, by:
dan250
Albino Pokey
and me.

However, searching using the site search is a bit inconvenient, since searching "LCC2" gives heaps of useless results such as threads and stuff in addition to the levels.
I wonder if David would consider making a level search feature. It'd make searching for levels much easier, not only for LCCs but just in general.

By the way, don't forget to email me when you want me to start testing and judging levels.

Red, would you mind testing the levels that were on time for bugs before the deadline? Other people always find tons more bugs than you could yourself.

Ask other people, I want to play them all on the same day. Plus, I don't have World of Goo installed on this PC yet.

RedTheGreen wrote:
Ask other people, I want to play them all on the same day. Plus, I don't have World of Goo installed on this PC yet.

WHAT NO WOG

The only reason not to have WoG on a PC is that you don't have a credit card.

(^^^really lame excuse to post this video^^^)

TOMMOROW IS THE OFFICIAL JUDGEMENT DAY

(in case you didn't already know)

*readies a fistful of lightning bolts*
JUDGEMENT DAY HAS COME!

TEH BAN HAMMER HAS SPOKETH!

...lolwut