Level Creation Contest #2 - The Void

81 replies [Last post]

Time for another one! The timing seems alright, I think.

Prompt

This contest is somewhat stranger, erm, different? This time you have to build a level with as little objects as possible. You'd be surprised as to what you can make!

Objective

This time, you have a full month, or until the 17th of October. Make your level, publish here on this site. (or link it, whatever)

Rules

1. Levels must be 100% genuine. You are not allowed to take previously-made levels and remove loads of objects.
2. Level Requirements: Maximum of 5 images, and 2 ball types. Also, no sound other than music. (not even gooball sounds: if you're using the standard ones, copy them and make new ones without sounds) :trollface: (however, feel free to use those 5 images as many times as you want)
3. All the rules from the old contest also apply, except for the one about the custom image.
4. Anything else you can think of that would go here.
5. Let me specify that you MUST have LCC2 in the description. It doesn't matter where, just make sure it comes up in Goofans Site Search.

The judging will be done by me and Puggsoy. (the winner of the last contest)

Prize

1st Place winner will receive free use of $20USD on Steam.
2nd Place winner will receive free use of $10USD on Steam.
In other words, this contest's prize is very much worth it!

Good Luck Everyone!

This looks like a very interesting contest, I'm sure we'll get plenty of unique entries.

I'd love to participate, but I was thinking: should I? I mean, I've already won the last one, and if I were fortunate enough to win this one again (or get second place) it would seem kind of... evil. Y'know what I mean?

If you think so too, then I'd be glad to be the other judge. However I'd still have a go at making a level, I just wouldn't be eligible for the a prize.

Noooo! I want music for the level!
could this rule be changed?
Other thing, can I be judge?

(Which is the need of put "EDIT" In a comment.)

Hey You!
Start the fun and Install the fan made CHAPTER 6: MOON OF GOO

Couldn't you allow music, just not other sounds? All levels seem empty without music.

And this contest sounds much cooler than mine. I'll delay mine until after this one is over.

Another Planet finally has an official release! Download chapters 1 through 3 here! Thank you for waiting so long while I kept starting over.

What about the particles?
Labels?
force fields?
how many do you need them?

I only specified certain things to have a maximum. Anything else you're allowed to do whatever you want.

Eeeeehhhhhhhhh, it seems like everyone wants it anyway, and yeah music adds a lot to the experience. Alright, you can have your music. Smile

I'm wondering, what defines an "object"? Geometry? Images? Images with geometry? Because I have an idea for a level that uses lots of invisible geometry.

(And could you answer my question from before please? Smile)

The rules say 5 image resources, 2 goo types, 1 music resource. Anything else unlimited.

Another Planet finally has an official release! Download chapters 1 through 3 here! Thank you for waiting so long while I kept starting over.

puggsoy, you're allowed to enter this one also. If you do want to though, I'd love for you to help me in judging this one. Smile You won the last one, so it'd make some sense.

Did you write a mistake here?

RedTheGreen wrote:
(not even gooball sounds: if you're using the standard ones, copy them and make new ones without sounds)

I think, that this requriment, that we have to copy original balls becuase of their sounds is simply stupid. If there will be eight creators who wants common balls in their levels, there will be eight stupid, silent copies of common!

If it's necessary, we should make addin "silent balls", that have to be in "depends" of every original-balls-using contest-goomod.

I'm fine with it personally, I'm making versions of Goo Balls that are not only silent but have different attributes as well.

Maybe a dependancy mod that erases the "glee", "death", et cetera sounds in the _generic folder?

RedTheGreen wrote:
puggsoy, you're allowed to enter this one also. If you do want to though, I'd love for you to help me in judging this one. Smile You won the last one, so it'd make some sense.

Well, as I said I'd feel a bit evil if I entered this one, so I'll help you judge. I'll still make a level though, just for fun, it looks like a fun challenge.

Alrighty then. If you judge, you can't participate, but feel free to make whatever types of levels you want. I'll contact you via email when judgement day approaches.

One more question and then i'll stop annoying you
Anchors aren't goo balls
they are just a thing you can hold onto
so it doesn't count as a goo ball type?

Just make sure the only sound you have is music.

RedTheGreen wrote:
2. Level Requirements: Maximum of 5 images, and 2 ball types.

ARE YOU SERIOUS? ONLY 2 BALLS ALLOWED???????

Spongebob rulez too Crown Crown Crown Crown

Back

Types, not balls. For example you could choose to have as many Ivies and Commons as you wanted in your level, but no Balloons.

dan250 wrote:
Anchors aren't goo balls
they are just a thing you can hold onto
so it doesn't count as a goo ball type?

Answer me!Angry

I always thought Anchors are Goo Balls.
But I have one question too.
Are we allowed to use two type of Goos plus utility balls (like balls playing the music or effecting the autobounds)?
The player couldn't grab them or doesn't even notice they are there.

Balls playing the music? Vat?

Like here: http://goofans.com/download/sample/change-music
Or something similiar to create suspension within the music.
Ta ta ta taaahhhhhh. Wink

I have a lot of work done on my level, I tried to record it like in Making Art for World of Goo but CamStudio crashed. So far I'm using ALL NEW MADE-FROM-SCRATCH IMAGES, except for the Goo Ball splat images (I used the Albino splat1 as a template to get the outline). Oh, yeah, and the dragmarkers are based on the original ones. But mostly new images.

And all-new Goo Balls, including one called GlowLaunchFlammableSilent. Smile

Only two types of balls sorry, meaning no, balls you don't see are still balls.

@AP heh, nice.

My contest entry is in the "Thinking all posibilities" phase...

Hey You!
Start the fun and Install the fan made CHAPTER 6: MOON OF GOO

Nearly finished my level Shock
but don't complain that most of the goos have sound
hunting and looking for goos with sound is really hard
so please appreciate my hard work o.k Wink

The level will be published next day

Is it okay if the Goo Balls have hardcoded sounds?

For example, any Goo Ball with "fling" makes the stretching sound, and any sleeping Goo Ball makes the "wakeup" noise.

Those sounds are fine, AP. I'm talking about sounds specific to the gooball.

Crap, I'm a bit late...

I could have made something for this contest xD

You still have 22 days, Howitz.

lol.

I might start mine soon...