Uploading WOG Profile onto Goofans Problem

34 replies [Last post]
MOM
MOM's picture
Addin Author

Hey y'all.
The title practically says it all.
I was trying to upload my profile onto my account, you know.
And all the sudden I get a little poppy-uppy sign that's all,
"Unable to publish profile: Unable to decode profile."
How do I fix it?
IN RELATED NEWS: Once I fix it, where can I find my amount of original level collected balls? (Kelptomatic, I'm coming for yah.)
-MOM

If a house that weighs 100 pounds (it's a small house) has five birds inside it and the birds start hovering in the house, does the house still weigh 100 pounds?.

This is a very VERY old problem. Well, like this year old, but still kind of old.

It's a version problem with the utilities used in the server. Uploading to Goofans doesn't work for anyone right now. Sorry.

MOM
MOM's picture
Addin Author

Oh, okay, thanks. Um, do you know how to check for the original balls collected count number? Or... is that an old problem, too?

If a house that weighs 100 pounds (it's a small house) has five birds inside it and the birds start hovering in the house, does the house still weigh 100 pounds?.

Original balls collected? You mean like your last profile uploaded?

MOM
MOM's picture
Addin Author

Well, kind of. I guess it would be the number of original level collected balls on that latest profile. Okay, and that can't be uploaded...Hmm...Oh well.
Thanks for your help. Laughing out loud
-MOM

To see your amount of balls in total, look above the image of your tower in GooTool. Next to "Balls" it should say something like "246 out of 253". The second number is the amount of balls you've collected in total.
Unless, of course, you've been cheating. In which case, I don't know what it'd show.

By the way guys, see my response in MOM's other thread for a temporary solution to the profile uploading dilemma.

Oh, for the badge? That's in GooTool.

I can get the Kelptomatic too!!! But I cannot upload!!! Ahhhhhhhh!!!

I just realized that if I play for 2 more hours on WOG I can get a badge.
Too bad my computer crashed. Sad

-_-

Hey, for the "too much free time" badge, do you actually have to have played for four days SOLID? Or just in total?

Because only a dunce would play for 96 ours straight. Even just leaving WoG open for 96 hours is stupid.

Too much free time is easy to get if you edit a number in profile. Evil
(IGNORE THIS POST)

Moderators, arrest him! Or at least filter the post.

CHEATER BADGE! CHEATER BADGE!

For both of them! Puggsoy and Mygod!

False positives are ALWAYS better than false negatives as far as punishing cheaters is concerned. Just ask Valve. Wink

Another Planet finally has an official release! Download chapters 1 through 3 here! Thank you for waiting so long while I kept starting over.

Fans: We want episode 3!
Valve: Episode 3? Hmm... They must me LEFT FOR DEAD 3!

They can't count to 3, and they parody it in their games.

Portal:

GLaDOS wrote:

You chose this path. Now I have a surprise for you. Deploying surprise in five...four...CRASH! Timeout for a second! That wasn't supposed to happen!

Portal 2:

Wheatley wrote:

Let's go on three. One...two...WHOAWHOAWHOA. Three's too big, too scary. Let's go on "one", okay?

Another Planet finally has an official release! Download chapters 1 through 3 here! Thank you for waiting so long while I kept starting over.

What abut when GLaDOS gave you that surprise in Portal 2? I'm pretty sure it was a full countdown.

Meh. Personality upgrade of some sort, I'm sure.

do valve count like this?
4,5,6,7,8,9,0,4,5,6,7,8,9,0,4,5,6,7,8,9,0,44,45,46,47,48,49,50,54,55,56, etc.?
it must wreck their math.

5 x 4 = 9
4 x 4 = 4
7 - 4 = -4
_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_

but remember, in game one the count-down on level one in the very beginning had a timer, and the timer counted down all the way to 0 through 1-3.

-_-

But that was a timer. Not Valve. QED.

It's just so funny how off-topic this has gone so quickly.

But does anybody know the answer to my question?

puggsoy wrote:
Hey, for the "too much free time" badge, do you actually have to have played for four days SOLID? Or just in total?

Everyone knows the answer to your question.

What!? 4 days solid!? That's too outrageous even for David. Tongue

OK thanks, just checking Big smile

But when will the problem be fixed?
(I got Cheater Badge too,because I got at least 50000 gooballs in my profile.)

When David has the time and resources to fix it. Which could be a while.

Four days solid, yes. I passed that mark a long time ago. Tongue My newest profile on this site is 10 days solid... and I've played countless hours beyond that.

MOM
MOM's picture
Addin Author

Would we happen to have an estimated date of when David will fix the problem?

MOM
MOM's picture
Addin Author

Is that okay to ask?

Never, it seems. Unless the old library gets updated again.

Never's a bit harsh. I'd say a year or two is a fair bet, but then again I don't know exactly what the problem is, so I don't know how long it would take to fix it.

The library hasn't been updated in years. I highly doubt it will anytime soon.

So until further notice, the leaderboards are dead. Sad