Can I sum my time?

8 replies [Last post]

Now I have 18 hours on my WoG profile. But I've been playing much more than this!
In this spring I reinstalled my system many times (I had an hard disk problem) and almost every time I lost my pers2.dat file. If I hadn't to do that, I could have about 5 days on my profile. My question is:

Can I sum my time in one profile and don't get a cheater badge?

Well yeah, the cheater badge is given manually by mods. So you could edit your pers2.dat and upload it, and we could just not give you the cheater badge.

That'd be based purely off of trusting you though, since you don't have the other profiles to prove it. Not sure what the other mods think.

I personally would advise against it. Accidents (such as hard disk problems) happen and if you'd valued this highly, you would have backed up your profile in order to prevent losing your playtime. I don't really see any difference between hacking your profile to add more playtime and hacking to get more Goo Balls. The result is the same; a profile that's skewed one way or the other and a badge you don't really deserve. If you want to have your "Too Much Free Time" badge, it's not too late to get it; you can watch some strategy videos and play a long time. You can even try to get more Goo Balls while you're at it, and get closer to your Kleptomaniac badge.

I would say adding profile's times together would be ok, but there's no real way to know exactly how much playtime you had on each profile if you don't have the original profiles. I don't personally think estimating playtime is a valid way of determining playtime, as any estimate could potentially be way off.

As for trust, I'm generally a trusting person, and I do believe you, but I don't really trust estimates. I don't even trust my own estimates, since I'm almost always wrong.

I don't want to be mean or anything here; this is just my gut reaction. Editing profiles should be avoided at all costs if possible. Not to mention that it's insanely hard to do and it's easy to majorly mess things up.

Any opinion, AP/James/other mods?

thB
thB's picture
ContributorAddin AuthorKleptomaniacToo Much Free TimeSerious OCD

What MOM said.

my gooey profile | my video channel | author of Hazardous Environment

I agree with MOM as well. I'm strongly against profile hacking except in certain cases, such as repairing a corrupted file. If you really want the badge so badly you can just keep the game running overnight.

Another Planet finally has an official release! Download chapters 1 through 3 here! Thank you for waiting so long while I kept starting over.

MOM4Evr wrote:
I don't want to be mean or anything here; this is just my gut reaction. Editing profiles should be avoided at all costs if possible. Not to mention that it's insanely hard to do and it's easy to majorly mess things up.

Any opinion, AP/James/other mods?

I pretty much agree as well. Just wasn't initially sure what the general opinion was.

Well, at least thanks for trusting me Smile

I don't think I can't live without that badge, so it's not that big of a problem. I think it should be much cooler to do it myself than modifying pers2.dat. And as said MOM4Evr:

MOM4Evr wrote:
If you want to have your "Too Much Free Time" badge, it's not too late to get it; you can watch some strategy videos and play a long time. You can even try to get more Goo Balls while you're at it, and get closer to your Kleptomaniac badge.

I'll do it this way.

Thanks guys!

No problem, and thanks for being so understanding. Good luck getting those badges! Smile