Name

10 replies [Last post]

We need a name. Something like "Cave RPG" except less generic. If anything, at least come up with a project nickname, like "project-yami" except better. I'm copying the project files over to a new one because of a glitch with my IDE, and I would prefer to know what title to give it.

My Ideas: Maybe something foreign, like "Les Grottes" ("The Caves") or "kasou shakai" ("Underworld").

Maybe if we had a story..

I agree that we shouldn't decide our final name until we've finished, or at least done most of it. But we should have a cool project name (which could turn out to be our final name).

I think we should stay away from foreign names. But we should have something that people say "huh, awesome name". For example, I saw that Pavke recently got Xotic on Steam, and I said "huh, awesome name". We should play on the spelling and grammar.

Maybe something like "Beloh" (pronounced "below")?

Sounds cool, but I already made the new project. Title: GoofansGame

I always thought Maxis was a cool name, and I read about how the guy who came up with the name for the company deliberately decided that company names that are two syllables and contain an X are cool. Just throwing that out there.

souterraines?

french for underground.

-_-

Or Subterrane (pronounced sub-TARE-uh-nay) which is an obscure English word for an enormous cave.

The Latin word for cave is Spelunca (spay-LOON-kah), but that sounds weird.

Another Planet finally has an official release! Download chapters 1 through 3 here! Thank you for waiting so long while I kept starting over.

DAT SOUNDS LIEK SPELUNKING!
I actually just went spelunking, lotta fun.

Don't use spelunca. Spelunky is used, and widely known.

RedTheGreen wrote:
Sounds cool, but I already made the new project. Title: GoofansGame

That's what I've been referring it as in my mind anyway Big smile

Still, when we decide the final name, I think Beloh should be a candidate.

Yep, Beloh sounds awesome. It sounds like "below" which is just what it is! Anyway, I lost my flash drive with the project files on it. Sad

I still have the old project on my netbook. I'll collect the code and optimize it further. I think I'm going to redesign a lot of my original ideas.