I composed some tracks in an hour

12 replies [Last post]

I'm not sure if we would use these, but I was thinking of this kind of thing when I made all those suggestions for the orchestra. These are simply the same chords repeated in different octaves and instruments, but I like the sound.

An Adventure Begins (mp3) - An adventure-y track.
Gems (mp3) - Kind of a happy cavern, inspiring.

Once again these are really basic and repetitive. Just posting basics of what I can do with Mixcraft.

Oh, and they're loop-friendly. The mp3 codec is a little glitchy, so it ends a little after it should. I have ogg versions as well.

The Gems one is a bit repetitive, but Adventure sounds nice.

If I can figure out how to convert .MUS files, I can post a bit too. Puzzled

Another Planet finally has an official release! Download chapters 1 through 3 here! Thank you for waiting so long while I kept starting over.

The Gems one originally had a few other instruments involved too, but I thought it was too techno.

Wikipedia says those can only be opened by MakeMusic programs. Try to see if you can open them in something like Finale, and export to MIDI or something universal.

I have Finale NotePad, which I used to make the files, but it's so old (2009) it can't export MIDI. Sad

Another Planet finally has an official release! Download chapters 1 through 3 here! Thank you for waiting so long while I kept starting over.

Okay,

An Adventure Begins: The main melodies should be changed to piano/strings

Gems: This is perfect for transitions inside the cave, like a resting spot or something. But if its going to be used in an actual level, it should have...

BASS. Both of these are missing bass, which is very important!!! (I am going to assume mixcraft does not have anything like bass)

If you need an idea of what bass should sound like,
http://youtu.be/4uEanuV4waY?hd=1&t=43s
(You can listen to the rest of it if you want Tongue)

Anyway, very nice job! Laughing out loud

That stinks. Sorry bro.

Good suggestions. Bass is something I forgot to add (it's in there too, fyi). I'll keep those in mind.

And percussion. Bass and persussion can really change a piece.

Awesome Ideas!! I personally think they need PERCUSSION!! Is that in there too? Like an awesome tom tom solo/backbeat for the adventure one, but the gems one needs other instruments... just suggestions. But as for writing that in an hour good job!! I'm still working on the main menu theme so we can all play it.. Tongue but I'll post it when it's ready and let me know what you think... It's probably going to start and end with a percussion drum beat thing for looping purposes.

EDIT: Nevermind AP, you beat me to it! Tongue :P lol! Laughing out loud

For those wondering, Earth of Goo is still being worked on, but not as often. It will be finished! Check out my website/YouTube www.scarletfury.com !

-_-

Agreeing with what others have said here ^^. Very nice music for an hour of work, and bass and percussion would help a lot. Good job, though. Smile

Wait, the adventure one has loads of bass. Tongue

Very nice. An Adventure Begins could use some percussion, but otherwise great.

I'm also thinking that An Adventure Begins could be used for the title screen, as I can't really think where it would fit (with my current idea of the story and art). Gems could possibly be used in a sort of treasure room with lots of ACs, kind of like those Rupee-filled rooms you bomb open in LoZ.

I'm going to edit them with all your suggestions and upload them tomorrow.