Addin Publishment

15 replies [Last post]

Hey, I know this site is dying, but my Nature Worlds addin is being delayed for 3 months for now, and I want it publish now so I can focus on other things. Crying

I'm so sorry about what I said, it's been for there for months, and I just finished and requesting it back on March. Crying

EVERYTHING AMAZING BY INWOG

inwog, publisher of 407 World of Goo levels since 2009-2015

Hi inwog!
I'm sorry this isn't related to the topic, but I lost images from the level editor, and I need them back. do you think you could help me by giving me a link to all the photos?
By the way, I like the idea of nature worlds Laughing out loud

I made goomods.

@mods, seeing as most of you aren't capable anymore of fulfilling your duties, I suggest that you log out and stay out so we can see who's not interested (like DaB has). By letting us see that your coming on (and occasionally saying something) only highlights your unwillingness to do the job. inwog's been waiting now for over 9 weeks for his addin to be published, and still nothing. I'm sure there must be lots more in the queue as well. If you dont want to be a mod any more then you can always contact davidc and tell him to remove you from the list, simple.

Bit to harsh I think. Everyone in goofans cant be on every time (except me Tongue) as they have problems in real life. AP would have looked at your addin inwog but he is away right now. I think puggsoy and MOM might have low time and they cant do all the addin testing.

My Profile

Wait! Peter, who are you talking to, and I mostly am on goo fans. P.S. what do mods have to do with looking over?

I made goomods.

I was having a chat with James yesterday, and he brought my attention to just how many addins are awaiting moderation. I am SO SORRY for the wait. I've had my hands pretty full recently, especially in real life, and just kind of forgot about GooFans for a bit.
I'll get to work on testing and publishing addins today. Due to the size of Nature Worlds I can't be sure how long it will take, although it's possible that I won't have to go through all of it to publish it. As for other levels, most likely I will be able to do at least one per day. Again, I'm very sorry for the delay in any testing of the addins.

As for the other mods... I'm sure they're also just busy. James is, I admit, not that active, and I think he just isn't that into World of Goo anymore. I'm sure MOM and AP are just busy, and since it's not summer break in the US (which is where I think they both are) they might have more time soon.
However, I will contact DavidC about the mods that haven't done anything for ages (DaB, Jamerz, XDboy, maybe Pavke). I'll also ask James whether he think he should remain a mod. He's a nice guy but doesn't really do much on GooFans.

A lot of the moderators have been doing other things, but I still check up on the forum to see how everyone is doing. I don't know everything about World of Goo or the editor enough to answer the questions that are asked usually, but I still block spam and such.

I've been over the queue a bit today (12 items I counted) and played a few levels and left some comments, and I still actually have to finish Nature Worlds and a few others. It's not that we don't care anymore, we just have other things we're doing now, if you guys'll understand that... Maybe new mods need to be appointed, but that's most likely gonna be davidc's decision.

@Puggsoy: Summer vacition? That's where I am Tongue

I made goomods.

I agree with James. As long as I can remember James often visits GooFans. Maybe not that frequently, but I've seen him almost every day at least one time. The fact that mods are busy is normal. They are people like us, and they have their own lifes. If they need some help, there are some guys that could help Wink

@nav, I know that, thats why they should stay logged off, so everyone can see that they're busy elsewhere and wont be helpin' out for a while. Anyway, I think they just needed a wake-up call.

@mov, we see him on every day, yes, but he's not doing all the mod duties, so why bother showing himself coming on when he could easily log off and browse anonymously.

@pugg, I never spoke to you recently, so it must've been a pretender. Where did it take place, IRC, cos I dont go on that any more.

I try to post something every day, and always check the forums. I've been busy trying to get APc3 out before I went on vacation, which I failed to do, but as soon as I finish goomodding that I'll be doing more testing.

Another Planet finally has an official release! Download chapters 1 through 3 here! Thank you for waiting so long while I kept starting over.

Peter B wrote:

@pugg, I never spoke to you recently, so it must've been a pretender. Where did it take place, IRC, cos I dont go on that any more.

Sorry, for some reason I tend to mix your and James's names up. I meant that I spoke to James recently (fixed it in my post now).

It seems to be realted with this topic:
I can't upload or modify files for my package (Platforms of Goo). Have someone an idea?

Hm, I see what you mean. You just get a white screen when you try to upload, right? It's a site-wide problem.

Another Planet finally has an official release! Download chapters 1 through 3 here! Thank you for waiting so long while I kept starting over.

OK everyone, so it seems publishing addins isn't possible right now. The same goes for adding/editing downloads, and removing addins from the moderation queue.

I will probably still be testing addins, but unfortunately until this is fixed we can't publish any. I might try and contact DavidC to see if he can fix it.

THAT SUCKS!!!

I just wanted to upload a new version of my addin, which is due today.

EVERYTHING AMAZING BY INWOG

inwog, publisher of 407 World of Goo levels since 2009-2015