Sound position (X,Y) in the level editor ?

9 replies [Last post]

I look on the tutorials and I cant find how to set the position of a sound (X,Y), if it doesnt exist, it's a suggestion.

Maybe this doesnt exist in the original levels ? Somebody know ?

Beginner visual artist

I doubt that this exists in the game code. If it did, it'd be hardcoded, and we wouldn't be able to change it. Sorry.

Okay !

We cant have all the things we want :/ !

Beginner visual artist

Do you want a loopsound to be played in one part of the level only?
You might can use a ball to play that sound. If distantsounds (cosmetic attributes) is set true, the sound will fade out when you move the camera.

So I need to create a custom ball for that ?

Beginner visual artist

Yes. A good way to loop sound with balls is to create a ball containing the actually sound playing ball.
Check out the change music sample. The "utilmusic_kaptainpolka" and its child "utilmusic_kaptainpolka2" should work. Clone these and repplace the sound with your sound. You also need to change the number of contained balls and the popduration.
The popoduration have to be the length of the sound multiplied by the number of the containing balls.

edit: oh, and of course you have to set distantsounds true.

Oh, I guess I didn't realize about the distantsounds attribute. My bad.

okay , but how they can respawn ?

Beginner visual artist

Not really. That's one of the problems with this method.

Maybe you could find a way using an enormous Spawner, but it would be pretty hard to do.

Another Planet finally has an official release! Download chapters 1 through 3 here! Thank you for waiting so long while I kept starting over.

Yes, you have to put enough child balls inside the MOM ball to have a loop which is long enough to get through the level.