i just started playing world of goo. found game at a thrift store for $2

17 replies [Last post]

i am totally enjoying the game, and had no idea there was a community for it now did i now there was any mods and stuff either!

i am currently in chapter 2, and i am having a hard time with the 3rd lvl, the one with the windmills. i did not enjoy using the balloons the last time i had to use them in fisty's bog! but i am still loving the game, the music is very relaxing!

Hi Soapstone, and welcome to goofans!

Blustery Day is probably my least favorite level, too. The good news is that it's not quite as hard as Fisty's Bog (at least in my mind). Keep at it and I'm sure you'll get it (and if you want us to link you to videos with different strategies for beating the level, let us know!).

thanks for the encouragement! what am i exactly supposed to do at the WoG Corp.? i know that it collects any extra goo balls from the levels, but im not sure exactly what i am supposed to do there. also, how is the online supposed to work? i hit the connect button but it says connecting, and wont connect.

In wog corp, you have to build a very high tower. The highest is peter B (so far) which is like 56 meters. And online works with clouds with players names on 'em, and it lets you know how high yours, and their towers are.

P.S. little hint. If your having trouble with Blustery Day, you can build through the windmill Laughing out loud

is there a reason why i cant seem to connect on the wog corp?

you can? i tried but i got blocked and when i tried to go over it, it wasnt... good.

Wog Corporation is just a sandbox level. If you feel like competing with other player's towers, you're quite welcome to do so Wink
Also, if you ever need any help for any of the levels, you can use this link. Although I highly recommend you to complete the game all by yourself. Those walkthrough videos might ruin the whole puzzle and thinking concept, and the general feel of the game itself.

i plan to do everything myself. i just started chapter 3, the story is utterly bizzare!

btw, how do i change the game resolution to the 1000 x 700 setting? it is only in 800 x 700, and i hate having to change my monitor settings, i am using an hdtv for my monitor.

Soapstone wrote:
btw, how do i change the game resolution to the 1000 x 700 setting? it is only in 800 x 700, and i hate having to change my monitor settings, i am using an hdtv for my monitor.

The easiest way is to use GooTool. You can also find your World of Goo config file (which in your case is likely in C:\Program Files (x86)\WorldOfGoo\properties\config.txt) and alter the resolution there.

Another Planet finally has an official release! Download chapters 1 through 3 here! Thank you for waiting so long while I kept starting over.

do you know if the game will work in widescreen resolution settings?

Yes it does work in widescreen.
Just do what Albino Pokey said.
And by the way welcome to goofans, it's good to hear
that World of Goo is still catching new players after all this years like it did with me back then.

cool, it is in beautiful widescreen now!

ok now i am stuck on chapter 3, i have 2 levels, the one with misty and the one that involves the dynamite. i dont like either of these levels! grr.

burning man, and misty. in misty use the bones to build across the spikes, burning man biuld to the fire Wink

the level i am on is actually upper shaft, not burning man.

i get the concept of both, the actual doing it isnt easy though! my bridge in misty keeps sagging and breaking and in upper shaft it seems to be a timed thing as i dont have enough match goo balls to reach the bottom, which means i have to drop the bomb to door level, but let the matches ignite this is really hurting my brain! :S

In Misty's you're on the right track, just keep at it. Think about how best to keep the bone balls touching the ground without the others getting too close to the spikes.

In Upper Shaft there's a way to do it without precise timing. Think about how you could move the bomb-box without just dropping it.

Another Planet finally has an official release! Download chapters 1 through 3 here! Thank you for waiting so long while I kept starting over.

that is is helpful tips for upper shaft, i did think of that as well but i still havent come up with how to do it, i got the idea of how it is supposed to work though.

i figured out how to drop the bomb! that was easy once i realized what i needed to do... i was going at it backwards, trying to use the green balls to support the bomb once it dropped... i feel like a dunce now. no i have the problem of actually stablizing the goo balls for the bridge with the green ones... my head hurts now.

Hi! As soon as you finish WoG, I think you might want to get started on custom thingies and modifications.

Nerdy Z is coming.