New Records

1835 replies [Last post]

Here I atthaced the eye and removed the bottom Ivy

Very clever; what a fool I am!

My best speedrun time (if you count the whole game with no skips used) was 42 minutes

In my opinoin, not using the skips is nonsensical. Its ignoring the whole concept of speedrunning. I mean, I still have a vid of an old run I did back in 2011, with a time of 31:56 (timed from clicking OK after typing my name, to when OOS has faded out). So I could simply submit that, making yours redundant (which I wouldn't; its got mistakes in it). So you should aim to beat that. Were you planning on submitting one to SDA?

Have you tried anything new on Tumbler?

No, I dont want to play the game at the moment.

I changed the folder name of Chapter5End and credits to a different thing so I didn't had to watch the whole thing every try

You didnt have to do that. When the cutscene started, you could've just pressed ctrl+shift+esc to bring up the Task Manager, ended the process, checked the score, then restarted WoG if unseccessful.

I wasn't planning on to submit it to SDA as I just wanted to do it for fun but I could submit it. Also which levels do you think should be skipped? (GVV and AB3 for sure!)

I thought if you did that way your score wouldn't be saved?

Also, can I change cutscene folders name and then do the speedrun? It would save me time from doing all the levels with cutscenes every try.

My next goals are to beat VPDS and Blustery Day.

My Profile

naveed_rizvi wrote:
Also, can I change cutscene folders name and then do the speedrun? It would save me time from doing all the levels with cutscenes every try.

Wouldn't that reduce the total time of the run?

Another Planet finally has an official release! Download chapters 1 through 3 here! Thank you for waiting so long while I kept starting over.

Speed Demo Archive wrote:
Note: The cutscene skip glitch is not required for single-segment speedruns because utilizing it adds 10-15 minutes of downtime between attempts.

Well I want the speedrun to be done as fast as possible so I think I can do this.

My Profile

I wasn't planning on to submit it to SDA as I just wanted to do it for fun

Thats good if you were just doing it for fun, but you may as well get it verified on SDA seeing as you'll of put a lot of effort into it.
The levels I found best to skip were: Blustery Day, Welcoming Unit, Misty's Road, Third Wheel, Water Lock, Incin Dest, GVV, GPS, AB3, Infesty, Vane & HTIC.

I thought if you did that way your score wouldn't be saved?

I'm sure you've already tested it, but yes, they are saved. You dont have to actually use the Task Manager to close it (its just a habit of mine), you can also just right-click on the actual taskbar icon and close it.

can I change cutscene folders name and then do the speedrun?

I think the rule is, you're not allowed to tamper with the game files - but really, who would ever know if you did or didn't... WinkWink

I'm pretty sure I can do Vane and HTIC under 20 seconds so I don't I need to skip those. Impale Sticky and Tower of goo would take more time as I wont have the whistle.

In RPS and OOS, I used to just do Alt+F4 just after the cutscene started. I used to also Alt+Enter and refresh gootool and then Alt+Enter again.

Upper shaft 14 seconds. The reason why I didn't record (or have Fraps on) because I was trying to get 15 on this and I got four 16 seconds so I didn't think I would beat it. Also I forgot about Print Screen so I had to Alt+Enter and get Fraps on so the liquid is gone.

My Profile

I used to just do Alt+F4 just after the cutscene started

Oh yeah, that's quicker.

Upper shaft 14 seconds

Aw, one of my oldest records. Sad

I was just thinking about the when the timing would stop on the speedrun. Its usually when you lose control of the character (so here it would be the cursor), so when OOS is fading out you should keep moving the mouse so you can see exactly when the cursor freezes.

OOS: I don't think it looks the same. You attached the last fish to the top one. Maybe it's a good idea.

Mygod wrote:
I don't think it looks the same. You attached the last fish to the top one. Maybe it's a good idea.

Hi

naveed_rizvi wrote:
I just made another new OCD time record. This might be my last before I start recording my speedrun. (I beat the current record, 52:36 minutes! Now to just do it all over again...)

Where is the video?!

@Peter, So the last cutscene and credits does not count to the total time of the speedrun?

@Mygod, Which video, Drool or the speedrun? I have none of them on video at the moment. I recorded a few run but they were absolutely horrible so I deleted them and took a break.

I have a fever at the moment so I can't play WoG right now.

My Profile

Hi,I get 0 move in the Red Carpet few days ago.Maybe it's not a big thing for others, but it's progress of myself. Smile

Random user of goofans site & WoG gamer.

Maniac of osu!game now. Go MU as you want and just PM me.

Congratulation. Cool

Hi,I get 18 balls in the Small Divied today.Maybe it's not a big thing for others, but it's progress of myself……

What has the world come to...

My Profile

Mygod wrote:
OOS: I don't think it looks the same. You attached the last fish to the top one. Maybe it's a good idea.

I noticed that as well. Nav, is that the reason it works then?, coz you weren't exactly that quick attaching them.

So the last cutscene and credits does not count to the total time of the speedrun?

Oh, actually I think they might. Reading the FAQ, it says "If a game displays a time upon completion, and this time is tested to be accurate, then the timer will be used", which is what ridd3r did in his run. But I would argue against using it.

I have a fever at the moment so I can't play WoG right now.

Saturday Night or Cabin?

I think you need to attach one at the top as I did a few try where I attached them to side quickly but still got 32. Who knows why its like that.

In the TAS speedrun, STBM ended the timer after the final cutscene and did not count the credits so I assume its something like that.

I actually got the fever on Saturday if it means anything. But I did not watch thoes movies.

I got this drool on video though. Still sick.

Edit: So I went back a few pages and I found we didn't ask who did Tumbler first. In the video it says its dwerdwer strat but Marius has the earliest profile. Looks we have to wait a few years before they get back again. Tongue

My Profile

In the TAS speedrun, STBM ended the timer after the final cutscene and did not count the credits so I assume its something like that.

Nah, I still say it should stop when the cursor freezes.

I got this drool on video though. Still sick.

The vids sick as well! Great speed.

In the video it says its dwerdwer strat but Marius has the earliest profile.

Normally when it says strat, they mean it was done by that person - so its most likely dwer. Mygod could ask him...

@dwerdwer says... It's definitely not him, and it might not be Marius either.

If its neither of them, then we'll probably never find out.

Does anyone know who discovered the shaking bug and line kicking? Kopa has an old vid showing a failed kick attempt - might be him?

I think the shaking bug was found by dwerdwer as Pavke said he found some crazy bugs when he used to play (not sure though). And I'm assuming the line kicking was done by either Kopa or Tumbleweed (Tumbleweed used to be the best kicker).

My Profile

According to #4 in this post in tieba (posted on 07/17/2009 10:45 GMT+8), the flower bug/shaking bug is first discovered by @hsan75 for getting Chain 39 balls. (just a new way, not a new record though)
In #7, @dwerdwer was asking how to use that bug, later on @dwerdwer got 32 in Drool, then 36 and 38.
And @dwerdwer has confirmed that @hsan75 first discovered this bug.

About whacking (or line kicking), @dwerdwer said he wasn't sure about this one but he said this technique was found in 2008 before the official leaderboard is down.
So I would suggest to use Internet Archive Wayback Machine go to look at the official leaderboard now. Wink
The old site used some AJAX so all we can get is Chapter 1 with some cheating accounts to deal with...
Here's what I found...

20081030014751 contains:

• @wii (@桃太郎3 in tieba I guess, but didn't see him talking about this in tieba) and @vova got 17 balls in Small Divide and got removed later, cheating or whacking?
  • Another proof that @Tao is the first one to get Chain 39 balls.

20081105084203 contains:

• @Peter B you held a fake record! @Rubberduck got 5 secs OCD on Going Up before 11/05/2008!

20081205101232 contains:

• @Marius got 45 and @Jairo got 46 in Impale Sticky! I guess 44 is max balls in this level without line kicking. I guess 45 & 46 are based on this strat but the line didn't go to the pipe so these people built it to the pipe.

I think Impale Sticky 48 balls is the first line whacking usage. Based on 20081229035959 I think @Pete, @Jairo, @Kopa or @dwerdwer (ron) is the first one to discover that.
P.S. Tumbler 38 balls set by @Pete???!!! What do you think...

Mygod wrote:
According to #4 in this post in tieba (posted on 07/17/2009 10:45 GMT+8), the flower bug/shaking bug is first discovered by @hsan75 for getting Chain 39 balls. (just a new way, not a new record though)
In #7, @dwerdwer was asking how to use that bug, later on @dwerdwer got 32 in Drool, then 36 and 38.

By the way,I found that dwerdwer is the earliest person who discoverd the super fast clicking bug.He found the bug when he was playing The 3rd wheel.This post showed that the date of discovery the clicking bug is 02/21/2009(because the title is"昨天" and it means yesterday in English).But the regret is dwerdwer failed in getting more balls in The 3rd wheel.

eeee

worldofgooballs wrote:
Mygod wrote:

By the way,I found that dwerdwer is the earliest person who discoverd the super fast clicking bug.He found the bug when he was playing The 3rd wheel.This post showed that the date of discovery the clicking bug is 02/21/2009(because the title is"昨天" and it means yesterday in Chinese.But the regret is dwerdwer failed in getting more balls in The 3rd wheel.

Can't open the link, it should be href.

wogfan wrote:
worldofgooballs wrote:
Mygod wrote:

By the way,I found that dwerdwer is the earliest person who discoverd the super fast clicking bug.He found the bug when he was playing The 3rd wheel.This post showed that the date of discovery the clicking bug is 02/21/2009(because the title is"昨天" and it means yesterday in Chinese.But the regret is dwerdwer failed in getting more balls in The 3rd wheel.

Can't open the link, it should be href.

hem...I always make this mistake...

eeee

@worldofgooballs
It has been confirmed a long time ago that @dwerdwer first found super fast clicking bug.
*Y U NO READ POST?!*

So, do you know the exact time?Wink

eeee

FINE! Here's the link.
You wasted me another fifteen minutes to find this post just because you are too lazy to do that.

Mygod wrote:
FINE! Here's the link.
You wasted me another fifteen minutes to find this post just because you are too lazy to do that.

God you have found that, and thanks for your post.
Tired Your always have little time, well...

eeee

My Profile