New Records

1835 replies [Last post]

I explain it all in the description - "attach a ball just before the cage reaches its maximum height". Dont think about the bomb. Essentially, just copy exactly what I do in the vid.

If you're attempting 62, then you could record it so I can add a link to a vid of it in my explanation.

I cant think what else you could have a go at; all your other scores are great.

Edit: can a mod (or anyone) tell me the usernames that these profile's belong to - .VN-ty' | MIN | skiz0r | timxxj | OMON

naveed_rizvi wrote:

Goomatz if you see this, could you tell me where you placed your balloons to make a five ball chain in Fly Away?

I start like Peter B's 15 balls strat. But then I don't kill one of the outer goos. Instead I drop the hole structure in the gap between the left side of the level and the left platform. After that I put the speedclicked balloon on the structure, this should flip in one of the outer gooballs. Then kill the middle goo and you get a ring of five gooballs. Breaking this ring into a chain happend for me once in 20 trys. And this one time I messed up afterwards, so I gave up.
Good luck with that Wink

I'll try my best on both (And not forget to record). I've been try Tower of Goo 105 and Ode 61 but I'm not having much luck with the shaking bug.

This took me more than 2 hours.

Edit:

I've checked gootool says I've done it 30.

My Profile

Incredible! I cant believe no one ever thought of building down to the sleepers.

Thanks. Is Cycle4mate connected to one.

@nav, with your improved skill, you should easily be able to do a 50m+ tower now.

Nope, that one has no goofans profile attached.

Peter B wrote:
I explain it all in the description - "attach a ball just before the cage reaches its maximum height". Dont think about the bomb. Essentially, just copy exactly what I do in the vid.

If you're attempting 62, then you could record it so I can add a link to a vid of it in my explanation.

I cant think what else you could have a go at; all your other scores are great.

Edit: can a mod (or anyone) tell me the usernames that these profile's belong to - .VN-ty' | MIN | skiz0r | timxxj | OMON

timxxj is worldofgooballs

I've been recently trying to copy skiz0r's tower and see how far I can get with it.

This is before everything was connected.

And this is the pre final rush. (24.809m, I have 43 gooballs free if I rip off the gooball holding structure)

As you can see its not exactly like skiz0r's and I had to put a few counter weights and tension (plus lots of whacking) to put some of the strand in place. But up to this the tower looks stable enough to go around 48-50m for me. I'll post an update if I can finish it.

Edit: The best I could do was 41m. (At the end my nodes started to get small as it was leaning.) I'm sure it can get around 47 but I guess I'll need to be lucky.

Also doing all the records is starting to make my mouse malfunction again so it gets a bit harder to build towers.

My Profile

You seem to be against it, but have you ever tried using kamal's design, just to see how high you can go.

I tried the tower (I assume your talking about the 48m one) but I couldn't get very far. Best I could do was 39m. His tower seems so stable but when I remove the gooballs on the side the tower leans so much that even whacking doesn't help. I'll try again I guess.

Yo Mygod, will lkjhgfdsa431 ever record Ode or SHS? I'd like to see his speed.

My Profile

Wow another new record. Shock
I don't know, he doesn't seem to be active any more. So I guess he won't be recording them.

Sorry worldofgooballs.

I'm wondering, is there any special reason Tumbler 36 ball is a record? In AB3 the OCD is 42 yet you can collect 43 but its not a record and here in Infesty most OCD walkthough collects 18 so thats not a record either (If peter didn't max it out). So shouldn't 36 ball in Tumbler not be a record?

Also, suppose I didn't get 11 sec on Vane, but I did manage to get 12.7 seconds on it in video while DaB got it in 12.8 seconds. So shouldn't I hold the record theoretically if I'm .1 to .9 seconds faster?

My Profile

Then what about 1/29.97 seconds? 0.01 seconds? .001 seconds? Tongue

I guess find a better editting program? Tongue

My Profile

Wait, why is there no music in the video?

A better editting program is not gonna help. It's your recorder's fault. Tongue
And by the way, the game is rendered 60fps and the ODE engine is processing at 50 times per second. So I guess the smallest difference is 0.02 seconds.

Mygod wrote:
Wait, why is there no music in the video?

A better editting program is not gonna help. It's your recorder's fault. Tongue
And by the way, the game is rendered 60fps and the ODE engine is processing at 50 times per second. So I guess the smallest difference is 0.02 seconds.

I wonder when the time counter starts and ends? I think it should starts at black bars start disappearing and ends once continue is pressed.

It starts as soon as you can move your mouse.

Edit:

I don't know why Infesty doesn't have music. I didn't decrease the sound and I even tried to increase it but no music came when I recorded that.

My Profile

In my opinion, new records should be fast enough that the counter at the end displays one second less. That way, there's built-in proof to the video, so you can't just speed the video up slightly in an editing program and pretend you did it 0.1 seconds faster or something like that. But I'm not setting records (Closest I ever got to a record in any level was getting within 1 second of DaB in Product Launcher), so my opinion probably doesn't count for much. Tongue

Well I agree with that.

I've recently gathered this feeling/urge in my slow/fail runs that I stop recording when the time is shown. When I did this I thought this was 18 seconds so I stopped recording when it showed the time. I hope it's not a problem. (I've wasted 3 hours after this run trying to get the part me clicking the continue button and the pipe going underground on vid but I didn't get 17 since this.)

My Profile

I was wrong, you have tried it; the kind I meant was this - you just need to build it better. The easy way to build the centre blocks is by placing the first two balls low, like shown here.

is there any special reason Tumbler 36 ball is a record?

I thought it was due to the fact that using the Albinos was an inventive way to collect them all; so not how 2D Boy intended. But you do have a point though; its not like it would take that much to think of it.

Yes, new records need to show a 1 second improvement.

Your VPDS vid is fine; we can clearly see the number.

Edit: So I'm trying to improve my top 10 tower first. Apparently I used 16 gooballs for my final rush. But when I do it now I have 15 gooballs for my final rush. I don't have the draft before the final rush so I had to rip apart the diamond part and then do everything later. Can anyone help me on how I saved one more goo? After I fished the block it was 29.247m tall with 35 gooballs free.

Edit: Forgot the pic. I think I can free 5 more goos and get it to 47m. But I don't see how I could have used 16 gooballs in my final rush.

Edit 3:

Mygod, your 26 ball strat on Fisty wont work. The distance between the mouth and pipe is too short and only a very strong balloon can rip off the structure and the problem is if you make it very strong you cant move it even when windowed.

My Profile

What? I have posted a 26 balls strat? I forgot. A link please? Tongue
Anyway, try to use two balloons to rip off the structure then. Tongue

Here.

Doing two means you have to make 6 very strong balloons.

My Profile

Well what's the 21 balls strat then? I forgot everything. XD
6 clicked balloons mean 1 not clicked balloon, is it enough?

You can click the continue button faster.

Sorry for this being like like VPDS. I tired recording it again but no luck.

My Profile

I think Incineration Destination might be possible with as little as one move - burn the structure on the left immediately (after transferring the unattached balls to safety), kick the double line carefully down to the bottom to kill one of the attached goos, then proceed from there as in the 4 move strategy.

I don't know how difficult this would be as I am not good at the vital trick to such a solution...

EDIT: I was wondering how long it's been since two new Top 10 towers (which are the best on their profiles) have been uploaded by two different people in the same month... because I have the feeling that the Top 10 doesn't change all that often.

My Top 5 tower[s]: 51.38m Profile | 51.17m Video - Click on my username to see my addins.

Deliverance OCD 53 seconds (7 moves) by @Life-Water-Rainbow at 08/12/2014 11:14 UTC. The screenshot shows the console debugger in WoGModifier. Here's the original post (Chinese).

EDIT: No video though.