editors

22 replies [Last post]

is it posable to make a world editor like editor world of goo?

I made goomods.

World of Goo already has a level editor. A very good one, too.

Sure it's possible. If you want a new one, make it. Nobody's stopping you. But everyone here is perfectly content with the editors we already have.

When I was your age (forum age), all we had was this program called wogedit that barely worked at all and was impossible to use. AND WE LIKED IT! Laughing out loud

Laughing out loud I LOVED WOGEDIT! AW MAN! Those were the days.. *sigh*

Hmm, maybe I should make a program that barely works and impossible to use. As long as you guys have Adobe AIR, I'm up for it Wink

P.P.S. do you know level editor,I cant make this,BUT YOU CAN BECAUSE YOU ROCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I made goomods.

I'm not sure what you're saying, but in case you don't know you can download the World of Goo Level Editor (WooGLE) here.
By the way, be sure to check out this page.

WogEdit was cool, but it completely wrecked one of my installations when I tried to view Immigration Naturalization Unit because of the images on the circle-wheels.

Gooey Goo, most people prefer to make World of Goo mods instead of new programs. I tried to make a simple level editor a while back, though, that I could release if you wanted.

I'm not sure if it would work on a Mac though. Does anyone know the Mac equivalent of wogfile.exe?

Another Planet finally has an official release! Download chapters 1 through 3 here! Thank you for waiting so long while I kept starting over.

P.P.S. what's wogedit?

I made goomods.

Triple-post! What! (next time, just click "edit" underneath your post to add to it)

WoGEdit is the original level editor we had before WooGle. It was made pretty soon after World of Goo's release, and it was all we had for quite some time, so we're all pretty nostalgic about it. Smile

I wasn't even around then. I came in when WooGLE was fairly well-used.

then what happened to wogedit

I made goomods.

Nothing. It's still here: http://goofans.com/download/utility/wog-editor

Daft as Brush just worked on it, transforming it into the (much better) editor we have today.

so,can there be a mac version of it?

I made goomods.

Yes, follow the directions we already gave you.

o.k.

I made goomods.

It's pretty hard though.

And it has serious glitches, like the 0.5x fire and the no-images-on-geometry rules. WooGLE is better.

Another Planet finally has an official release! Download chapters 1 through 3 here! Thank you for waiting so long while I kept starting over.

Oh, sorry, I thought you were talking about WooGLE. wogedit doesn't have a Mac shell script like WooGLE does. But you can still try running it from the source. The readme should give some info.

There would be no point, as it couldn't work with binltl files until Daft quasi-fixed it. (Now it uses GooTool's routines to un-binltl all the files before it runs)

why would there be no point?

I made goomods.

He just said. It couldn't work with bintl files that WoG-Mac used.

oh,
and P.S.where would I put a creation contest froum.

I made goomods.

Probably in Mods and Hacks.