How i can make a captcher ?

49 replies [Last post]

I saw a lots of people made a captchers but how those people made it ???

I'm assuming you mean screenshots, not videos.

I don't know about the rest, but I just use PrtScn. If you don't know how, here's the official Microsoft page.

i think he means chapters, not captures, although i am not sure.

-_-

kirdneh wrote:
i think he means chapters, not captures, although i am not sure.

Oops !
It's my wrong ! Sad
i mean chapters ... Sad

These people have not added any new chapters to the game, that is impossible without reverse engineering (which is completely ilegal). Instead, they have changed the existing chapters by replacing them with their own chapters. It's a rather complicated process so I'm trying to write a guide to help people do it as simply as possible, but for now, the first step in editing the chapters is to copy a completely new folder of the world of goo game to your desktop and open that one with your level editor, gooball editor, and movie editor. To do that, simply open the editors, click file, then change world of goo directory, then click your newly copied game folder. E-mail Albino Pokey for more help as this can get complicated!

For those wondering, Earth of Goo is still being worked on, but not as often. It will be finished! Check out my website/YouTube www.scarletfury.com !

It's not complicated at all. Tongue Just edit the existing chapters.

Yes, but I meant that if he doesn't understand XML to edit his own levels into the island.xml file then it could get hard... nevermind... :S

For those wondering, Earth of Goo is still being worked on, but not as often. It will be finished! Check out my website/YouTube www.scarletfury.com !

Reverse engineering it should not be so hard. Take a look at this gamehacking forum that i am a member of. They have modding tutorial on COD which is a big game than Goo.

And i think they should add new chapters, the game is so fun.

Oh... well that is illegal... so even if you do crack Goo and add things then...

Oh, sorry about that, I thought you meant screen captures... Puzzled

I really should make a tutorial for this. I was planning to do so a while back, but I stopped. Hopefully I can find the time to do it sometime.

I've tried a bit of that hacking and had no success.

Another Planet finally has an official release! Download chapters 1 through 3 here! Thank you for waiting so long while I kept starting over.

hey kanm. see you are new.

-_-

Yeah it is illegal if you modify the files, not the memory though.

Albino Pokey: Well you'd need some experience with OllyDbg so it obviously isn't that easy.

kirdneh: yes i am new ^_^.

I was trying to HexEdit the executable file, which probably is illegal.

Of course, the very act of decrypting a .xml.bin for this game is illegal too. Tongue

Another Planet finally has an official release! Download chapters 1 through 3 here! Thank you for waiting so long while I kept starting over.

If that's the case, then isn't this entire website dedicating to illegal actions?

Yep. I checked the eula. But it seems that 2D Boy doesn't mind.

Honestly, they don't. I remember something about the idea for modding on the forums with the encryption key discovery. David asked 2DBOY if he could continue it with GooTool, I'm pretty sure.

EDIT: By forums, I mean 2DBOY forums.

Plus, they wouldn't have featured cutom levels on their site and put David in the credits of the game if they didn't approve of it.

Oh, well then that's cool.

By the way, where are the custom levels (on their site)?

They talked about Jingle Balls and a few others on the blog.

I'm making a chapter to but it isn't just a chapter it is a whole world of goo 3 I need help to put the levels on the chapter

today is a goo-d day | billy2000's levels http://goofans.com/user/10648 | This account is no longer in use.

Ok... first you need to create a duplicate of the first chapter you want to replace. So in the level editor, open up an island level (island2) for example, and then click the duplicate level button. Next close the original island level and change the duplicate island level as much as you want! You need to rename it something different though,like I renamed Earth Of Goo: The Gooey Part 2 fist chapter map: island1L you can name it whatever though. Then once you have changed the images and layout, you need to make sure you have a buttongroup with child buttons as the level buttons. All the child buttons should be named: lb_(whatever your first level is) which stands for: level button_(levelname). Then under the tab in button named onclick type: pl_(levelname) and on the tab in onmouseenter type ss_(levelname) and on the tab in onmouseexit type hs_(levelname). You need to make sure you have no spaces within your level name or the game will probably crash. Also make sure that YOU PAY ATTENTION TO HOW YOU CAPITALIZE THE NAMES!

How's that for starters?

Let us know when you need more help!

All done, is that all I do?

today is a goo-d day | billy2000's levels http://goofans.com/user/10648 | This account is no longer in use.

Nope... Now you need to go into the island.xml.bin file for the island you are editing. So right click on it and click "Decrypt for World Of Goo" then open up that file in notepad. Then simply replace the level names of the original levels in there with your level names and ocds. But make sure you do it in exactly the same capitalization as the game originaly had it! Also replace the "map" part of the file with what your new island map is named... (eg. Original map name is island2, replace with island(yourisland'sname (all run together))) Then right click and click: "Encrypt For World Of Goo".

Then comes the hard part. Decrypt the text.xml.bin file in the properties folder and add ALL the text strings from the levels into the folder. (Text strings are the text resources you use for any signs in the levels.)

Then the DO EXACTLY AS WRITTEN PART!!

If you want to replace the "summer,spring, etc." as the chapter loads up with something new, do the following:

1.Find the "CHAPTER_(whatever chapter number it is)_SEASON" in the text.xml file.

2.replace the "text=(whatever is there)" with whatever you want.

3.click save.

If you want to replace the description of what the chapter is on the main menu screen, do this:

1.Find the "CHAPTER_(whatever chapter number it is)_DESCRIPTION" in the same file.

2 and 3. Same as above.

YOU MUST DO THIS!! Otherwise the game will crash trying to find text that doesn't exist!

1.Go to the <---!--Chapter (whatever number one your editing) Level Descriptions-->
and copy the "
"

2. Paste it the same number of times in that same location as however numbers of levels you're adding to the chapter.

3. Replace each level name in the titles with the name of the level you added. (eg. LEVEL_NAME_CRAZY, LEVEL_DESCRIPTION_CRAZY...)

Replace the "text= (original level name)" with your level name. (eg. text="Tumbler" replace with text="Crazy")

Replace the "text= (original level description)" with whatever you want to load when the player clicks the level and sees the name screen and description. (eg. text= cheese falling from the sky!)

4. SAVE THE FILE!!

5. Encrypt it for world of goo.

You're done! If anything doesn't work. Please post your xml. files in the forums so we can help by copying everything in the file and posting it with the tags code and /code in the comment box.

P.S. "eg" means "for example"

If you know what - emm... I donno by my self!!! I was just thinking how do you merge 2 or more addins together but thats much easier thing... I'm only learning how to merge 2 or more addins together so YET I don't know how to make chapters but thats kind of hard and crashes sometimes as I know!

Chapter 1 will be out soon! but I can't start yet because my computer is gone

that's too bad. what happened?

-_-

I,m moving country

Oh! From where to where? I mean countries, don't be too specific.

Thanks gooballs on fire
Now I know how to do a chapter
I can now continue with

DAN250'S VIEW OF WORLD OF GOO
THE STORY OF THE UNTRUSTED SIGNS

With
Chapter 1: Town of Deligoo
Chapter 2: Tropical Island
Chapter 3: Future Deligoo
Chapter 4: Sky Palace
Epilogue: Death Tower

What folder do you find the maporldview.xml bin in