Did they get a permission?

13 replies [Last post]

I was watching All over the place on CBBC and I heard that they used water goo ball death sound as an oil that fell on Ian's face from All over the place car - so did the makers of All over the place had a permission of using this sound or what - I was just wondering that's it.

I don't think they're using the actual gooball sounds, it's probably just something that sounds really similar to it. I doubt that BBC, one of the most resourceful broadcasting companies, would secretly steal sound effects from an indie game for a show Wink

Can I see,I would love to

I made goomods.

So puggsoy, you mean that they didn't get a permission and it was illegal, right? But I swear it was one of the water splash sounds! And actually it was from CBBC not BBC but as everyone know the authors of CBBC are the same as BBC authors. The sound was in 'All over the place where Ed and Ian was making All over the place car (That episode) so if you find that episode then please have a look - or may be look in youtube if there is that episode. Try to type in: CBBC All over the place - Ed and Ian making all over the place car.

Unfortunately I can't find the episode: if you'd happen to know the name or number and season of it then I'd have more luck.

But I assure you, it's extremely unlikely that they used the sound. A lot of things can sound exactly like something else, it's happened to me many times before. As I said, I see no reason why BBC (who are the owners and producers of CBBC) would steal sounds from an indie game rather than make their own.

Besides, they might have simply recorded it the same way that Kyle did. As in, they set up the same Foley stuff, and it made the same noise.

Another Planet finally has an official release! Download chapters 1 through 3 here! Thank you for waiting so long while I kept starting over.

or maybe they both got the sound from the same source.

-_-

A public domain repository or the like, maybe?

Another Planet finally has an official release! Download chapters 1 through 3 here! Thank you for waiting so long while I kept starting over.

I would personally doubt a public domain repo. At least for the sounds that I listened to closely from World of Goo, there was a fair amount of background noise, more than I would expect from something professional that someone would put online. But I could be mistaken on this.

MOM4Evr wrote:
more than I would expect from something professional that someone would put online.

Yeah, not like anyone would use it in a commercial video game, eh? Wink

Could I see

I made goomods.

gooey goo wrote:
Could I see

Yes, if you can find it on youtube... I didn't take a video and I dunno which episode it is.

That doesn't help wiki

I made goomods.

You can't just ask "Can I see?" "Could I see?" all the time. Instead of asking people to link you to things, Google/YouTube is your best friend.

gooey goo wrote:
That doesn't help wiki

Well, help yourself to some good ol fashioned knowledge.