Deleted!

15 replies [Last post]

As my computer broke, I now have all the programs gone, including WOG. I'll now have to install WOG again - all my work deleted - I will probably need to make my levels again. I got new memory cache for my computer, and only pictures, Microsoft, and that kind of stuff is saved (Including the pictures). Looks like, that the first full chapter of WOG Diamond catchers won't come out that soon after all...

thB
thB's picture
ContributorAddin AuthorKleptomaniacToo Much Free TimeSerious OCD

Uh, that sucks.

my gooey profile | my video channel | author of Hazardous Environment

That does suck. But hey, playing all the WoG levels isn't that bad, right? Wink

thB
thB's picture
ContributorAddin AuthorKleptomaniacToo Much Free TimeSerious OCD

Depending on the scores you had achieved, it can be. Wink
I recommend using GooTool's profile backup feature.

my gooey profile | my video channel | author of Hazardous Environment

If you just reinstall your OS, you can try to use some software to recover your files. Wink

Do you have the old hard drive? I was able to get a lot of data off mine after it died by using one of those USB-hard-drive-converter things.

Another Planet finally has an official release! Download chapters 1 through 3 here! Thank you for waiting so long while I kept starting over.

World of goo won't be too hard to complete again (Unless you're aiming for over OCD like thb), but your levels might be a different story. Hopefully they can be recovered from the hard drive...

...unless...

Genius!... All you have to do is make sure your fixed computer swallow it

All my addin | I love you World of Goo!

If it's a desktop PC, just grab the old hard drive, stick it in the new PC and voilà! Actually, that would be possible with a laptop too, but a little bit of PC knowledge is required.

Check out my SoundCloud, MomoSoundWaves

But if, say, the boot sector is messed up, you can still recover by using the USB thingy. Is there a better name for it?

Another Planet finally has an official release! Download chapters 1 through 3 here! Thank you for waiting so long while I kept starting over.

SATA (or IDE) to USB. He could also set the old drive as a slave drive.

Check out my SoundCloud, MomoSoundWaves

James said:

World of goo won't be too hard to complete again (Unless you're aiming for over OCD like thb), but your levels might be a different story. Hopefully they can be recovered from the hard drive...

...unless...

Ha, ha, very funny (Not)

Hey, why doesn't picture work - how do I make picture show up on the post?!

Each post has a little switch on it. If it's set to HTML, images work. I'll flip it on your post, but you won't be able to edit it then.

You forgot to mention mods can only flip that switch Wink

I never got told that. I never forgot it cuz I never knew about it Laughing out loud

I meant Albino forgot to mention it.