World of Goo 2 Project

172 replies [Last post]

blah. people have gone out of control.

I am willing to help make levels. Actually, I already have some done if you need them! Probably not, but I'm still willing to help.

Uh....what do I put in here?...

Nick Faro wrote:
I am willing to help make levels. Actually, I already have some done if you need them! Probably not, but I'm still willing to help.

It's goes unsaid, but this project has died. Many people are either hoping and posting creative stuff that no one does anything with or doing their own thing (TM13 and several others apply to this category).

I wouldn't say that the project is dead, but there's just nobody working on it at the moment.
I actually tried to email you, Enchanter, but the email probably got lost in the void of the Recycle Bin to the south. I was thinking about compiling what we have so far and publishing it as a sort of demo. If you still have all the original team members' emails, could you please email them and see if they have any input before I start throwing stuff together? Thanks.

LONG LIVE THE NOTWOG2

What's the plot of this NotWog2? (I mean, AP is on the moon/planet/star thing, TM13 is on the light side of the world...)

Another Planet finally has an official release! Download chapters 1 through 3 here! Thank you for waiting so long while I kept starting over.

I could help cook one up.

I have quite a few emails lying around . . .
Most of them aren't even at goofans anymore. It's gotten quite old, I'm afraid.

If anyone's with me, we can organize a new team...? The current one is quite full of random people with nothing to add whatsoever.

If you say anything I said is false, then your say is the one who brought the forums over to goofans without telling me... >:P

The biggest problem at the moment is no real organization. The project is at a standstill because people are being let in without realizable credentials and no one is managing the telling of the jobs. I realize this is sort of my fault, since I kind of left all communication with you all for nearly a year . . . (except I still check my email daily)

I'll set up a website, and you can recruit people. I want to HELP SO BADLY. Is there anyway to pm you? Ok, the website is set up. It's worldofgoomod.tk It's hosted on orangeserve and your username is worldgoo. Where can I tell you your password?

I had an idea...why don't we try to integrate a few of the Goo sequels together? That is, maybe have some Goo Balls float away from NotWog2 and arrive in Another Planet or vice versa?

Another Planet finally has an official release! Download chapters 1 through 3 here! Thank you for waiting so long while I kept starting over.

That would be pretty cool! NotWOG2 sounds really lame though. Let's come up with an inventive name.

It would be easier if we knew the plot though...hint hint...

(the people on the NotWog2 team haven't revealed anything since they started except for 2 levels and an island map)

I thought Enchanter said the project is currently halted..How could there be a team?

This was started a long time ago, but kind of died off.

Nick Faro wrote:
NotWOG2 sounds really lame though. Let's come up with an inventive name.

Yes, we have pages and pages of possible names. Just haven't decided on one yet. I just call it NotWOG2 because I'm lame that way. Tongue

Nick Faro wrote:
I thought Enchanter said the project is currently halted..How could there be a team?

Because everybody liked the idea and joined. We're still around, you know. Well, some of us anyway... But the dream is still alive, and that's what counts, right?

We do have a good amount of levels/ideas for levels, two complete possible storylines, a bunch of more ideas, etc. The only problem is tying everything together with the storyline. I have all the stuff we've got so far on my hard drive, for easy convienience.
Currently, only davidc has the power to add people to the team, as he can give people privileges to the forums here (this is a public forum, the private ones can only be accessed by certain people, like James, myself, and other people from the original team), and I think creating a whole new forum for the project would be redundant at this point. (we already moved the old one over here!)
Where I think we really bogged down was for good artists. Seems that xanax and Martin33 were the only guys we had, and were busy most of the time... They're kinda inactive now, I think. There were a lot of levels that were ok playability-wise, just needed better artwork. We were also undecided about whether some of the levels would even make the cut or not (I MADE THESE AWESOMELEY SUPERCOOL LEVELS AND HAVE BEEN KEEPING THEM SECRET ALL THIS TIME!!!!!!!!!!!). *pant, pant*

Daft as Brush: Are you there, or did you go inactive too? You had that supercool, super-secret mod that you were making so all the original levels could be there too... I wish I kept that one. I might've even been able to figure it out and finish it. Sigh.

So anyway, what I'm saying is: we got a lotta stuff, and storylines, and balls, etc. Not all are in the right format, which is why I was wondering if I should start compiling it all together. Of course, my goomodding skills have somewhat gone to pot over the past year or so, but maybe someone else could take over on that...

AP: about integrating storylines: maaaay be a bit tricky. The story would have to be finalized first. Tongue

@MOM4evr: It's not as redundant to make forums this time. davidc isn't going to remake the forums for us. I personally believe we should start again. With the advancements in modding over this past year, it should be much easier. I've gotten somewhat better at using GIMP, so artwork could include me if we really have no one. Yes, Martin33 quit. I still skype him though, he's on the net, just out of the goo.

I'm pretty sure DaB is active enough (he makes a post whenever needed). I'm pretty sure he isn't interested in all of this Goo2. You know, names should be done already. Anyone who has an idea (or several ideas) should email me at clericman@yahoo.com (link will open a new message with the email in the To box). I'm going to send a mass-email to everyone from the original team. Repliers will get to be a part of the real expansion. Otherwise, anyone else may ask to be a part. Just email the address above saying you want to be included, but make sure to put reasons you would be a good addition.

I'm going to do my best to organize this again. When this began, it was almost good. The thing is people need to have one or more people (like me, but better) managing the course of everything. When I left, no progress was made. I did make Martin33 administrator next to me but he also gave up I guess.

A name will be voted on according to the entries sent to me via email. The address is above. Any other questions can be sent there or by reply here.

I would LOVE LOVE LOVE to help on this. But to come up with a title, we'd need some sort of insight into what the plot is. Is there already a plot, or are you thinking from starting from scratch again? Tongue

HI! I am new Whats's Going on?

Gustavo Ideas wrote:
HI! I am new Whats's Going on?

xD randomness.
We're discussing a possible fan-made sequel to World of Goo.

Anyway, I think the best way to do this is to start from scratch, so maybe we could vote on a storyline? Tongue Democracy rules on this site.

Uh, ok. How about there's a gooball left and it falls into the earth and goes into some sort of massive cave system under the earth? I pretty much rapid post everytime someone posts here, so you can refresh your page a few times and most likely my response will be there.

Nick Faro wrote:
Uh, ok. How about there's a gooball left and it falls into the earth and goes into some sort of massive cave system under the earth? I pretty much rapid post everytime someone posts here, so you can refresh your page a few times and most likely my response will be there.

EDIT: Removed my story brainstorm for secrecy reasons.

That would be cool kind of. Is there anyway we can discuss this in a more realtime way, because i'm sure the moderators don't want us chatting it up here.

Nick Faro wrote:
That would be cool kind of. Is there anyway we can discuss this in a more realtime way, because i'm sure the moderators don't want us chatting it up here.

This is kind of the World of Goo 2 topic, so I think it would be okay, but if you want realtime there's a webchat on this site. Under goofans at the top of the page, it shows IRC chat.

Sure, let's do that.

Nick Faro wrote:
Sure, let's do that.

Oh nevermind. I'm at school right now Tongue and mibbit chat is blocked. I'll be on chat in about an hour if you're going to be on then.

Ok, I guess so, but the stupid mibbit is crashy for me and now it doesn't even load.

Nick Faro wrote:
Ok, I guess so, but the stupid mibbit is crashy for me and now it doesn't even load.

Oh okay then nevermind.

BIG INFO: Any Moderator that comes along can you please delete all the storyline-related comments that were posted by me and Nick? (secrecy is golden) but we are still brainstorming.

Anyway, I have surprisingly good experience with modding World of Goo. The only thing is I am particularly lazy Tongue and so I don't post any (well nearly) mods.

EDIT: I just realized I can edit my own posts, so never mind about the moderator help.

You have yahoo or msn messenger? That would get the job done. I have done a few levels myself but I have a tendancy to hide them in folders until I forget about them.

Nick Faro wrote:
You have yahoo or msn messenger? That would get the job done. I have done a few levels myself but I have a tendancy to hide them in folders until I forget about them.

I used to have Yahoo Messenger. I can still use mail.yahoo.com though and chat through that. Otherwise, I have AIM.

Yahoo can connect to msn, so my email is yux50000@hotmail.com