World of Goo 2 Project

172 replies [Last post]

Nick Faro wrote:
Yahoo can connect to msn, so my email is ****

Kay you don't really need to post it here. Just email it to my email.

I already have.

Uh....what do I put in here?...

Nick Faro wrote:
I already have.

Okay.

So lets get back on topic again, shall we? How many people do you think the team requires?

To get it done in a timely fashion we'd need 1 or 2 graphic designers, some head guys like you, 5 or 6 level designers. Were you thinking more people?

Nick Faro wrote:
To get it done in a timely fashion we'd need 1 or 2 graphic designers, some head guys like you, 5 or 6 level designers. Were you thinking more people?

Whoever can help can come in. I'll accept new team members all this week, but they have to apply via email.

Again with the restart of WoG 2 mod ?? ?? Is this the 5th time you started from the beginning? Forum is filled with ideas for WoG2. And you want to start again?

Enchanter, are you part of notWoG2 team? I mean, can you see "Fan Expansion" part of this forum? Why don't you look there, xanax almost completed the whole story and little stories for every level.

As for the title, we did some brainstorming while you were gone. http://goofans.com/forum/fan-expansion/private-discussion/1696

And finally, (sorry for asking but I must. Its not meant to be a rude question) why are you making yourself the "leader" ? You saw what happened last time, you left and project stop'd. It should be "peoples" project that everyone contributes equally and every one is treated equally.

My Gooish profile | Videos on YouTube | My WOG Mods

Well, sometimes if it's all just a mob instead of some organizer and the workers, it'll get a little out of hand, and people will compile their own versions, and a bunch of crazy stuff.

^^ I second what Pavke said.

But before we start off with the wrong ideas...

@Enchanter: I don't understand really why you think work stopped when you left. After all, you haven't even seen what we have so far. We got a lot done while you were away, (James himself made about 48 levels, and I made 20 or so myself), and we really didn't get much done while you were here. Maybe a few levels and a couple pieces of artwork, but not a lot. The folder of stuff we have done that I have on my computer is 496.5 Megabytes, I just checked. Granted, we may not use it all, but you don't really realize what you're missing if you're starting over "from scratch."

I don't want to offend you, and I don't mean to boss you around, but seems to me that you were the guy who left the project while everyone was working on it, and to come back and ask those of us who've been working on it all along if we want to rejoin seems pretty ludicrous. Feel free to ask davidc if you want to rejoin the project, Enchanter, but please don't ask us if we want to.

Yeah, what MOM4Evr said...
Even though I'm not part of wog2 team I would like to see project end, not to start over with writhing stories. It seams thats the only thing everybody does.

Oh, and for those who cannot see the secret forum here is the list of names wog2 team has so far:

Pavke wrote:

All 95 titles so far!

World of Goo: New Generation
World of Goo: Goos Story
World of Goo: Rise of the Cybermen
World of Goo: Revolutions
World of Goo: Judgment Day
World of Goo: Reloaded
World of Goo: The Unofficial fan-made sequel
World of Goo: Voyages
World of Goo: Pilgrimage
World of Goo: insert title here
World of Goo: How to Raise a Goo
World of Goo: In My Pants
World of Goo: The Return of The Goo
World of Goo: Adventures Continue
World of Poo: Help the little poo balls escape to the sewer pipe
World of Goo: Corp strikes
World of Goo: Giant Inferno
World of Goo: Higher and Higher
World of Goo: Still Climbing
World of goo: OMG We Finally found that this in the sky!
World of Goo: To the Sky
World of Goo: To the Sky!
World of Goo: Infinity and beyond
World of Goo: Pioneers
World of Goo: Distant Voyages
World of Goo: In Space
Woogoodeedlidily-Goodely
A Goo Ball is for life, not just for OCD
The Good, the Bad and the Goo
Goo story 2
The Lord of the Goo: The Return of the Goo
Dr. Goolove or: How I Learned to Stop Gooing and Love the Beauty
Goo: An inconvinient Trooth
Beauty vs. Ugly
World of Goocraft: The Frozen Bone
Eternal Sunshine of the Gooless Mind
Saving Private Goo
The Gootrix
The goos guide to surviving corporations
Goo Wars
The Gootrix: Reloaded
The Gootrix: Revolutions
Goolo: Combat Evolved
The Silence of the Goos
The goo maker's apprentice
Ferris Goo Ball's Day Off
Voyage of the Goo Treader
Fisty's log
The Gooanist
Happy Goo Balls from Outer Space
Universe of Goo
G.O.O.
World of Goo: Gooing Forth
The Meaning of Goo
GooStudio
iGoo
Intolerance: Goo's Struggle Throughout the Ages
Schindler's Goo
The Four Goos of the Apocalypse
Once More With Goo
Goos of the middle east
Gooey O's
ooG
Generation Goo
The Adventures of Prince Achmed the Goo
Häxan: Goocraft Through the Ages
World of goocraft
Goo Relatied Immune Deficiency Syndrome
I Am a Fugitive from a Goo Gang
Mr. GooSmith Goes to Washington
World of Goo: The Corporation's Revenge
Goolivers Travels
Willy Wonka and the Goo Factory
Charlie and the Great Goo Elevator
James and the Giant Goo
Goosablanca
Goobama: Goo you can believe in
Gooniverse
The Bridge on the River Goowai
Ode to the goo builder
Some Like It Gooish
Electrigoo
Ode to the sign painter
WoG: Signpainter's Edition
World of Goo: Sale Now On
Free Goo!!!
Tower of life
Adobe gooer
Begooed
Crossgoo
Goo Gone
Goo Converter
Goomp
Goonergy
Space goo

My Gooish profile | Videos on YouTube | My WOG Mods

Most of those are RIDICULOUS. James and the giant goo?

How about just calling WOG2 "The other world"? like I did.

It's possible. So far I think we're calling it "World of Goo: Fan Expansion", at least that's what davidc calls it here on the hidden forums.

That sounds kind of corny too. What's the plot you're going with at the moment?

I think that the best name is: Another World Of Goo.

Anyway, I wanted to ask Nick and Enchanter: I'm not the best level designer at the moment (a lot of my levels are quite easy), but I wouldn't mind being a level creator. By that I mean that someone gives me a level design, then I just put it all together with WooGLE.

How does that sound? I wouldn't mind doing it, at least temporarily.

That would be ok by me. I have some friends that would like to make level sketches on paper and you could create them.

Sweet. Of course, I'd design them myself, but I don't think I'd make them challenging enough for all these WoG veterans here at GooFans.
I'm also planning to make my own WoG extension/modification sometime, but until then I'd love being part of one.

Well, everything everyone has said makes sense. Just one thing: I'm not trying to be a "leader" as much as if I was ever one. I'm more of a "manager" who organizes the project. Everything runs smoother when they have someone to report to who logs down everything in check and works on keeping everyone on track. It was a little work at first, but it's very difficult I can tell you, but I want to make up for the time lost as me leaving.

Another thing: Why do I need to ask davidc anything? He's not involved if I remember correctly. I already have access to those forums. Anyway, they do have a lot of things I know already, but they are all pointless unless we fix a storyline. We had an original one by GooMaster2000 (where the heck did he go?) and that one was fine for a while. I really just want to know now what our story actually is. Has everyone decided on one? If so, please tell me and someone show how much progress we have.

I have log files from the original group, but so much has changed that I need some information, guys.

Hello, Enchanter. Does anyone have control on who's on the team and who can see the hidden forum, because I'd love to help out.

Nick Faro wrote:
Hello, Enchanter. Does anyone have control on who's on the team and who can see the hidden forum, because I'd love to help out.

It's obvious you want to be in. Just email davidc (davidc at goofans.com) and ask for permission to view the forums.

Let's talk in the webchat, there's some people on at the moment and davidc probably doesn't want us spammin the forum, even if it is related to the topic.

Enchanter wrote:
I'm more of a "manager" who organizes the project.

Ok, that's great! Sorry for misunderstanding.

Enchanter wrote:
Another thing: Why do I need to ask davidc anything? He's not involved if I remember correctly. I already have access to those forums.

Ah, my mistake. I thought you were locked out of them. All the info should be on those forums of what we've gotten done so far.

i am making a chapter too by myself
right now too
mine is crayon themed!
and the first chapter is called bf4 mart.
Smile

get my first theme here:
http://goofans.com/download/theme/ivygreen
it is called ivygreen
"SAVE THE WHALES
COLLECT THE WHOLE SET!"

bubblefish4 wrote:
i am making a chapter too by myself
right now too
mine is crayon themed!
and the first chapter is called bf4 mart.
Smile

Sounds great. A little off-topic, but great.

Oh and this is another example of what I meant by people spinning their own sequels to the game. Smile

thanks i just need to know how to edit chapters
(or make them in other words)

get my first theme here:
it is called ivygreen
"SAVE THE WHALES
COLLECT THE WHOLE SET!"

Go look around the chapter files and levels to see if you can kind of decipher how they work. That's what I did. I'd love to give you a whole explanation, but I myself haven't made a new chapter yet, so I would probably have a lot of errors in my tutorial. But when I have done it I'd love to make a tutorial (either video or in text).

I'll upload mine soon, as a BIG text file. Wink

Another Planet finally has an official release! Download chapters 1 through 3 here! Thank you for waiting so long while I kept starting over.

Well I might as well come back to life and see what I can do to help, if I can offer anything at all...

WoG2 Shall Prevail!

Also, sorry about the double post, but I've actually done SOMETHING before returning, if anyone is interested, I'll upload it tomorrow...

WoG2 Shall Prevail!

yes please can you make qa tutorial i now there are som e already being made
but if there were mre tutorials chances are more people will be helped in the art of making chapters!
Wink

get my first theme here:
it is called ivygreen
"SAVE THE WHALES
COLLECT THE WHOLE SET!"

I believe he already has a job, Bubblefish4. You can ask him, since he's been here before, I hope he remembers! Wink