Creating Water in World of Goo Level Editor

15 replies [Last post]

In the Level Editor I was going to make a level but I couldn't figure out how to make water because in the tutorials I can't find any water help. Someone please help!

Try copying one of the original levels that had water and use that as a reference. (ex. Drool)

Okay. Thanks!

Specifically, to create water, you need to make a linearforcefield, change the size to the size you want the water, and change the "water" attribute on it to "true".

But yes, in the future try copying a level that has a certain feature and tinker around with it to figure out how it works. Also the reference guide on this site is a good place to look for stuff (see the link in my signature).

Talking about the reference guide, are there any plans to work on it further? I mean, it's pretty much frozen right now.

A moderator can create a new page whenever, but it seems there is no new content worth adding as of yet.

Whaddya mean? The Signs page doesn't even exist yet, come on.

Well, my hope is that people can figure stuff out for themselves, too, to a point where we only have to give them so much information. I learned what all the different fields did just by tinkering around, but I will admit that it's a rather high expectation for newbies to levelmaking and the editor. I'm generally busy and not in a writing kind of mood, but I'll be willing to proofread, format and post any reference-guide pages someone else writes.

In that case I might get started, I've always wanted to take part in the guide. If I get round to writing some worthwhile pages, I'll make a thread.

I can help with easier articles such as signs and particles and stuff. On the new thread I'll post documents.

-_-

@MOM4Evr Thats what all the "goo-veterans" had to do, I agree, a bit more initiative would be welcome

Check out my SoundCloud, MomoSoundWaves

Momo: And in WOG-Edit, if you tried to stick an image on a geometry, it would corrupt your install. So opening a level like Immigration Naturalization Unit would destroy World of Goo for no apparent reason. And fires would save twice as large as they appeared, so they would ignite the whole level. I'm so glad we have WooGLE now.

Another Planet finally has an official release! Download chapters 1 through 3 here! Thank you for waiting so long while I kept starting over.

Yeah, but it kind of discredits level making. Any 9 year old can make a level now, and usually, these are very boring -.-

Regardless, it's nice to have a better version. Daft has outdone himself.

Yeah, he has, but that doesn't mean he could leave goofans! Why, Daft, Whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!?? :'(

He just suddenly disappeared to other hacking and modding forums.

Another Planet finally has an official release! Download chapters 1 through 3 here! Thank you for waiting so long while I kept starting over.