Art workplace

19 replies [Last post]

Hi boys, has anybody knows in what 2DBOY were drawing the game art? like in the video "making art for World of Goo"... thx

Whats game art anyway...? Never heard of it!

I think he means what software 2DBoy used for WoG's art.

I'm not totally sure, but I think I heard something about it being created with Adobe Flash. In any case, using Flash would yield similar results.

I thought it was Photoshop, not Flash?

It looks like Photoshop CS3/4 to me.

Another Planet finally has an official release! Download chapters 1 through 3 here! Thank you for waiting so long while I kept starting over.

It was Photoshop. If you want free software similar to Photoshop try GIMP.

I'm sure it is not Photoshop...

IAE, today I wrote to the 2D BOYS about this program, I hope they will answer me... let's wait a bit...

It's Photoshop, the left and right are just cut off slightly so you can't see the toolbox or all the layers.

Or maybe it's Illustrator. Hard to tell without the tools menu. But I'd guess Photoshop, because Illustrator doesn't like non-vector stuff like a scan of a concept drawing.

Another Planet finally has an official release! Download chapters 1 through 3 here! Thank you for waiting so long while I kept starting over.

It's Photoshop? I was probably thinking about animations then, somebody mentioned that the .binltl files were originally made with Flash, so I assumed the art to be made with it as well.

I think, perhaps it is Corel Painter... for sure, I need to download the program

Well apparently it's Photoshop, so you're either gonna have to use the trial, buy it, or see if GIMP (the greatest image editor ever) is sufficient. In any case I would give GIMP a go before shelling out your cash.

It's definitely some sort of Adobe program. I recognize the GUI. But GIMP does the same sort of stuff.

We had this conversation before. It's greatly assumed he used Photoshop. The artists in the community almost always ended up with GIMP as it's the free equivalent.

Although others may disagree with me, I can see that it's very unlikely you're spam, so I will answer your questions.

GIMP is a free, open-source alternative to Photoshop. It's also cross-platform, and is highly recommended among Linux users.
Of course, as it isn't a direct clone, it has differences to Photoshop. For example, whereas Photoshop can be used for both image editing and creation, GIMP is (at the moment, anyway) based mostly around image editing or manipulation. Hence the name: GNU Image Manipulation Program.

Hope that clears it up a bit. Of course, you can use Google for further information, there are doubtlessly countless discussions on the topic. GIMP's Wikipedia page may also help.

I dunno... the page shes linking too isn't towards an article about brushes...

Or an article at all.

HelenaB, if you don't respond, we're going to assume you're spam.

Oh, I didn't read it right. It linked to something about iPhones, and I thought it was about art on the iPhone.

The rest of her post is fairly on-topic though.

I saw that post and it's spam. Of course it's spam. Why would she join the site just to ask that? The link is also a page where you purchase things.

I've been looking at it, and I agree. *pulls out banhammer*

*KAPOW!*

Ah well. At least I can copy/past that description to anyone else who's wondering the same thing Tongue